• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

IMO Shore JUST beat TKS, it’s not like they thrashed TKS. Both scored 4 Tries but they converted all their tries and scored a penalty. That's their only win thus far and I think that will be their only win this season.
Please tell me you’re taking the piss. How can you say that after Shore narrowly lost to the top of the table 17-14. As well as this Joeys had the home field advantage, with what I might say was one of the biggest, if not the biggest home crowds of the year.

Shore’s issue is securing and keeping a narrow lead until the final whistle, but I guarantee they will win a multitude of games to come this season.

The Cleaner

Sydney Middleton (9)
Does this mean Shore’s sitting last on the ladder?
1717674086465.png

Billy McGee

Peter Burge (5)
Another good win for the sky blue and white. Similar to last week Kings started on the back foot and had to work themselves into the game.
View dominated lineouts and probably edged scrums. Open play was a great contest with a lot of officiating intervention.
Backs on both sides played admirably for the conditions but both guilty of not playing wet weather footy.
Defence of both sides tremendous with View probably should have scored three times in first half but couldn’t get over the line.
Kings stepped up in the second half and looked the better team with a tense last couple of minutes to hold out for the win.
View second row was excellent and Kings 8 continues to improve week on week.
Hope Isaac stays fit and the skies grey. Credit to Kings backs, think only 2 first team starters available.
Agree with most of this however I think that Kings has the dominant scrum throughout the game. They were a close contest though. The loose head for kings was great at sacking the maul also. The tight head for View played an outstanding game also with some great carries.
Agree with both of you on your positive points and think it was an excellent display of rugby in dark and stormy conditions.
Kings deserved the win because they played to their strengths more effectively.
Grover is a gun, but feels compelled to carry the weight of the team on his back.
He’s, at times, just that good enough to do it. His try was freakish.
You can’t tackle your way to victories when you’re not scoring many points.
They have a player picked in everyone’s GPS 1s team on the wing playing at 13.
Would be looking to shuffle 10,12, and 13 to unleash some attack

runningrugbyrules

Ted Fahey (11)
Please tell me you’re taking the piss. How can you say that after Shore narrowly lost to the top of the table 17-14. As well as this Joeys had the home field advantage, with what I might say was one of the biggest, if not the biggest home crowds of the year.

Shore’s issue is securing and keeping a narrow lead until the final whistle, but I guarantee they will win a multitude of games to come this season.
Shoulda Coulda Woulda Didn’t

Shore’s issue is they big noted themselves as favourites for months and now nearly all of them are refusing to eat humble pie

be quiet and pray your team can win a few games

The Cleaner

Sydney Middleton (9)

Jesting only friend.

CasualObserver

Herbert Moran (7)
Graham (I)? Taggart (J)? Gough (J)?

I am glad you have some New boys there, and no disrespect but have you done the proper schoolboy rugby analysis?

Wyvern
Good question. To watch all three games in detail (including doing own stats as there is no third party feed), on top of the usual job, family etc, and be able to compare every position for all the games and then settle on a team within 4-5 hours from the first kickoff is very impressive.

Last edited:

Syd

Allen Oxlade (6)
I need to add “the clock was paused” to my flowchart , thank you thesolicitor
What I love about the culture around New Zealand school boy and men’s rugby, is that they respect themselves and their opponents so much, to the degree that they find ridiculing their opponents appalling. There is such honour and humility in their victories.

Backintheolddays

Watty Friend (18)
On rep discussion I was impressed with the View second rowers today, but couldn’t distinguish in the conditions. Similarly last week Greer was a stand out for Joeys.
I’ll volunteer a Kings bopper into the 2nd row, big fella by way of Darwin, A Thiel.
Working his way back to full fitness and been a standout in recent weeks. Has really improved his work rate and is a high impact player. Expect him on the selectors radar.
Don’t know what selectors will do regarding backs given playing conditions. My only cert would be Jacques. Assume the New boys remain eligible despite league commitments will be there too.

The Chairman

Ron Walden (29)
On rep discussion I was impressed with the View second rowers today, but couldn’t distinguish in the conditions. Similarly last week Greer was a stand out for Joeys.
I’ll volunteer a Kings bopper into the 2nd row, big fella by way of Darwin, A Thiel.
Working his way back to full fitness and been a standout in recent weeks. Has really improved his work rate and is a high impact player. Expect him on the selectors radar.
Don’t know what selectors will do regarding backs given playing conditions. My only cert would be Jacques. Assume the New boys remain eligible despite league commitments will be there too.
Right now the only for sures are Warner (E), Grover (I), Brial (S) and Makasini (N).

The Cleaner

Sydney Middleton (9)
ANTON THIEL definitely!