• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbyAU

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
IMG_2610.jpeg

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
absolutely agree.
My grandson who is an old boy has a few connections within the student community. Staff refusing to take on board feedback and seemingly completely blind to the effects of this action.
I understand Andrew Mansfield and Gilmour (don’t know his given name), are trying to ‘protect’ the school image, but it might really be going the wrong way. Not going unnoticed by spectators
Not protecting anything. Everyone understands the situation and can appreciate what’s happening.

As someone who tips with his heart without fail and that hasn’t involved Shore (hand up) I can’t help but be impressed but the climb back to relevance from where that program was. This hasn’t been a one off team if you see the increased competitiveness over the last couple of seasons. Let’s hope it remains as the comp is thriving with a double round and overall competition from everyone.

Enjoy it Shore. You earnt it.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Bit unfair, Scots don’t have the means to send that many teams these days .. we are in a cost of
Living crisis remember
I know costs are a problem. When we left Armidale for Sydney because my then wife had taken a job in Sydney we struggled with the combination of higher rents, higher living costs including school fees (the girls went to St Catherine's) plus all the add-ons. Things are worse now. I can only say that it's matter of priorities, I guess. TAS fees are lower but add-ons are higher. All the teams have to travel, not just Rugby. The school is organised for this including the use of school facilities for visiting teams while some of the Sydney schools help by hosting, but there are still costs. TAS's relative remoteness compared to Newcastle, Orange or Bathurst adds to the costs. As I said, it's a matter of priorities, priorities for schools and their parents.

twister29

Stan Wickham (3)
SHOREMEN.
Enough with bashing your staff.
Enjoy your premiership.
Complain elsewhere. I get it BUT just don't ruin this moment.
It is not a good look.
If you ignore me then it is hammer time.

BTW. I am a proud grandson of a Shore man (1st XV 1934) who served in WW2. Be better

View attachment 20355
Understood. As I said, just an old boy expresSInG soMe concern i hAve.

Syd

Herbert Moran (7)
SHOREMEN.
Enough with bashing your staff.
Enjoy your premiership.
Complain elsewhere. I get it BUT just don't ruin this moment.
It is not a good look.
If you ignore me then it is hammer time.

BTW. I am a proud grandson of a Shore man (1st XV 1934) who served in WW2. Be better

View attachment 20355
Love your work Joker, Shore cheer squad we could hear you loud and clear, you all made plenty of wonderful noise and it was excellent.

Ian Macintosh

Frank Row (1)
Well done to shore. This has been systematic- their coaching of the basics well in rugby union has been impressive. Nothing flashy, but good basics around this wonderful contestable game. A game that is expansive, a game which has a variety of different skill and size requirements. I’d love to see the big fish of the GPS venture out into the big world to see how they manage- the big fish Joeys need to tour overseas( UK, Ireland, NZ, SA) - this is important for player development for the future of The game in Australia. And we need a competition in Sydney which includes more schools- and more inclusion rather than exclusiveness for high society.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
I think you’d find the top Sydney Schools would do a job on a lot of teams around the world. They tend to have a less condensed talent pool to ours. (Neither a good or bad thing)

I get the wider comp idea but really think it wouldn’t offer any better rugby than the current double round in a competitive comp. If we had 2 teams massacring everyone else then I’d agree but we don’t.

Shame about timing of the season and the HSC because I could get behind a post season cross over of 1st, 2nd in the GPS, CAS, ISA play a round robin then the 3rd, 4th, in one and the. 5th, 6th another. By now almost all sides would have played 17-20 games of rugby this season. That’s a healthy amount.

We drop the ball as they exit here and might only play 10-15 next year against men where it all changes in style.

Balmain Subbies

Billy Sheehan (19)
View attachment 20351
Image circulating among the Shore Parents.

Its not often that I get emotional watching rugby, but it was so beautiful.

To be 1-3, losing to New at Northbridge and dismissed as frauds, then storm home to win six in a row and cap it off at the home of the Scotsmen is one of the great achievements

This one was for the true believers, the ones that stuck with us through thick and thin.

This is truly the sweetest victory of them all.

Tradit Lampada Vitai.
Great background for that photo.

Get em onside

Sydney Middleton (9)
What a day of footy aye. For the forum, who is everyones most underrated players in the comp who don't get the recognition they deserve?

Status
Not open for further replies.