• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Staff member
Joeys didn't win 1st, 2nd or 3rds...... Joeys rugby official dead.
Oh stop it Subbie.

Last time this happened was 2016
Since then Joeys have won three 1st grade, four 2nd grade and 2 third grade
Remember Scots went 20 years winning nothing

1723877683768.png

DropGoal

Larry Dwyer (12)
That is so disrespectful considering other schools send the teams agreed upon.
They provide great hospitality, excellent playing fields and a great BBQ.
TAS were on the road every two weeks.
I am so disappointed Scots decided it was too hard to equal the commitment TAS does many times.
Bit unfair, Scots don’t have the means to send that many teams these days .. we are in a cost of
Living crisis remember

Where's the beef

Chris McKivat (8)
Well done to shore. hard to win at the hill and you hung in there maybe got a rub of the green and are deserved winners of the comp. For joeys, A year of what could have been. 2nds missing a clutch penalty against scots to cost them a share, and 1sts who were so dominant pre the break and led 2 games only to be done on the last play of the day. Again, those are the championship moments and just a little wide of the mark. What a great season. Any team could win on its day.

The Chairman

Phil Hardcastle (33)
PHOTO-2024-08-17-16-51-00.jpeg

Image circulating among the Shore Parents.

Its not often that I get emotional watching rugby, but it was so beautiful.

To be 1-3, losing to New at Northbridge and dismissed as frauds, then storm home to win six in a row and cap it off at the home of the Scotsmen is one of the great achievements

This one was for the true believers, the ones that stuck with us through thick and thin.

This is truly the sweetest victory of them all.

Tradit Lampada Vitai.

PROPaganda

Chris McKivat (8)
View attachment 20351
Image circulating among the Shore Parents.

Its not often that I get emotional watching rugby, but it was so beautiful.

To be 1-3, losing to New at Northbridge and dismissed as frauds, then storm home to win six in a row and cap it off at the home of the Scotsmen is one of the great achievements

This one was for the true believers, the ones that stuck with us through thick and thin.

This is truly the sweetest victory of them all.

Tradit Lampada Vitai.
Don’t lie ticey. I saw you take it.

The Chairman

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Match report then.

I saw many things on the field I would’ve never expected to see. The 5’6ish Callaghan completely rocked the 6’2 Johnson, and he made an excellent tackle on Lemoto, who might just be the biggest AAGPS rugby player I’ve ever seen.

The reality is, this was an incredible game. Played at lightning pace. Blink and you miss it. Shore started off well, but Scots worked their way into it making it level at the half.

Second half was a strong start for Scots, seizing the initiative and putting Shore on the backfoot, this was when the juggernauts, the likes of Jacques and Fittler started firing, but the Shoremen kept their composure and made the most of their opportunities.

Bassingthwaighte strip and a charge down try gave them the lead with barely any time left, and the prop caught the ball when it didnt go 10, and then knocked it on. To their credit, the Shoremen held their composure and sealed it with a classic Le Maitre pilfer.

Excellent footy all around an absolute nailbiter.

3 - Callaghan (E)
2 - Jacques (S)
1 - McKenzie (S)/Harvison (E)

Status
Not open for further replies.