• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMaulester

Ted Fahey (11)
Wow, my 3month banning happened to end on the final day of gps rugby.

All I can say is, what a game.

Shore have made history. Who would’ve thought last term going into the school holidays that shore even had a chance at the premiership, I believe they were coming last or second last. What a nail biter. Back and forth tries the whole game until the last 3 minutes for shore to take the lead off a charge down. Just incredible.

On the sad side of the Shore vs Scots game was, that I noticed the absolutely horrific display of teaching by the Shore school that I’ve ever seen. Not in any of my year of watching the GPS rugby have I seen teachers silence and stop the students from cheering. It absolutely ruined the environment of the entire game. I thought after the game last week against Joeys maybe the school would’ve learnt something. It just looks terrible on the Shore school. It honestly feels disgusting and disrespectful to the players that after 55 years of no outright premiership that the school stops the boys from running on. Andrew Mansfield needs to sort himself out.

Enough of my rant.
Congratulations to Shore School.
The Maulester

Last edited:

Joker

Staff member
I have said since day one margins matter and today it all came down to ONE result margin correctly picked.

I wish hearty congratulations to ...

@BoysfromtheBxW

Who picked the margin for Joeys and jumped over @The Chairman. (well you did win the premiership)
Congratulations to all who stuck it out and played each round. You will note the final table is slimmer as there were plenty who gave up. It is a credit to BoysfromtheBxW who kept hanging in there and eventually the chips feel his way.

I look forward to 2025. Thank you again for you support. I very much enjoy making this possible,

AAGPS RUGBY TIPPING 2024 Round 10.jpg

moa999

Tom Lawton (22)
Multiple attacks on a single Shore teacher, but weren't there multiple ones on the sidelines? Can only imagine they are following directions from above.

The Chairman

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I have said since day one margins matter and today it all came down to ONE result margin correctly picked.

@BoysfromtheBxW

Who picked the margin for Joeys and jumped over @The Chairman. (well you did win the premiership)
Congratulations to all who stuck it out and played each round. You will note the final table is slimmer as there were plenty who gave up. It is a credit to BoysfromtheBxW who kept hanging in there and eventually the chips feel his way.

I look forward to 2025. Thank you again for you support. I very much enjoy making this possible,

View attachment 20352
So close yet so far. Well done to all, almost impossible season to accurately predict.

The Chairman

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Multiple attacks on a single Shore teacher, but weren't there multiple ones on the sidelines? Can only imagine they are following directions from above.
I thought the teachers were better today than they were last week. Still, some seemed a bit overreaching and unnecessary. I understand where they are coming from, but making noise under the high ball is a GPS wide thing and doesnt negatively paint the school.

TheMaulester

Ted Fahey (11)
Andrew Mansfield is deputy, and he is the main ringleader of stopping the boys (at least that’s what the boys I’ve spoken to have said). Just find it absolutely outrageous that he and other teacher will stop the boys from completing chant and shouting out the kickoff. But on top off all of that, the refusal to let the boys run on is just a disgrace to the school. Other than that Shore was definitely the louder school today. The 2024 cheer captains should be proud of themselves

Mungo1866

Peter Burge (5)

@BoysfromtheBxW

View attachment 20352
What do I get for coming stone mother less- 2 dinners with Joker?

twister29

Stan Wickham (3)
Andrew Mansfield is deputy, and he is the main ringleader of stopping the boys (at least that’s what the boys I’ve spoken to have said). Just find it absolutely outrageous that he and other teacher will stop the boys from completing chant and shouting out the kickoff. But on top off all of that, the refusal to let the boys run on is just a disgrace to the school. Other than that Shore was definitely the louder school today. The 2024 cheer captains should be proud of themselves
absolutely agree.
My grandson who is an old boy has a few connections within the student community. Staff refusing to take on board feedback and seemingly completely blind to the effects of this action.
I understand Andrew Mansfield and Gilmour (don’t know his given name), are trying to ‘protect’ the school image, but it might really be going the wrong way. Not going unnoticed by spectators

Joker

Staff member
SHOREMEN.
Enough with bashing your staff.
Enjoy your premiership.
Complain elsewhere. I get it BUT just don't ruin this moment.
It is not a good look.
If you ignore me then it is hammer time.

BTW. I am a proud grandson of a Shore man (1st XV 1934) who served in WW2. Be better

24217_101080583261989_3136148_n.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.