• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

gus titler

Frank Nicholson (4)

Scrums'n'Shwednesdays

Frank Row (1)
Sad to see that now school holidays all the stupid schoolboy accounts will come back with nothing better to do then take the piss out of our forum. Please joker help us keep this forum clean from stupid schoolboy banter.

-Caesar

Agreed. Hopefully this forum stays a bit more serious.

Also, has anyone heard news surrounding injuries over the holidays?

- Schwenny

PASS MASTER

Frank Row (1)
no joeys boys even though they are coming first in arguably the best competition in Australia. Politics I say!!!! Anyone agree?
A List written by a non bias straight down the line Journo. He just got all his information from so called experts who push there own agendas any chance they get .

sundayeightpm

Allen Oxlade (6)
Anybody see NG rugby's Instagram post ranking the top 50 schoolboy players from around the world. 7 AAGPS players were on the list. They were;

41. Rex Bassingthwaighte (E)
40. Marshall Le Maitre (E)
24. Onitoni Large (S)
20. Leo Jaques (S)
19. Hemasi Makasini (N)
14. Toby Brial (S)
8. Heinz Lemoto (S)

Full List Here: https://www.instagram.com/p/C9u_7KVoeqV/?hl=en&img_index=4
IMO the only other school that has a chance to 'snatch' the title is Shore. Currently at second on the ladder, if they can find form again, they will do well. However every game is a grand final, no time to slack off if they still want a shot at the prem. The boys down at hunters hill have 5 wins, to Shore's 3. Big 4 weeks ahead.
-Professor
If Shore can win - so can New surely, and New have the better run into the last round, no?

sundayeightpm

Allen Oxlade (6)
I'd agree with #10's, there's a few in the u15s that are as good if not better than the u16 #10's. Not sure I agree about the Joey's/Mosman/Norths #10. Don't get me wrong he is good, but in my opinion the 2Blues/U16A Waverly #10 Payton Tarau outplayed him in every way at the State Champs and the Regional's.

I rate all three #9's from the Rats, Norths & 2Blues. The Rats & Norths boys are a little faster and the 2Blues #9 a smarter rugby player.

With the U15 squad I think the Mosman connection is with Joeys.
The current U15 Knox squad has improved a lot over the past 2-3 years. They've picked up a few players and improved others. Their game against Newington (not sure if that's what you're referring to) earlier in the year isn't reflective of how the rest of their season has gone.
The 10 and 15 are Joeys, and one of the props. The rest of the Mosman team are (mostly) View. As for Knox, I would have to see them again. As an U15A team, we have put over 140 points on them in 3 years of pre-season matches??? Anyway, my point was that the depth is quite concentrated, and not spread very widely outside a few players and squads.

Mungo1866

Frank Nicholson (4)
@Joker
Do you Believe the boys over at Hunters Hill have secured there 58th 1XV premiership or could it be possible that another school snatches the title.

-QTT
It’s theirs to lose,
realistically if they get one more win they are almost guaranteed a shared premiership at worst. It’s a pretty tight competition but I can’t see them losing 4 from 4 especially as weather can’t be as bad as it was last term which will suit their style of play.

ManOSteel

Frank Row (1)
Admitted schoolboy here but these are my takes as GPS returns for the season

Joeys-By far the most consistent team this season with a dominant cohort. The Joey's squad has combined a strong year 12 group with an exceptionally promising year 11 group and besides their single loss have looked extremely strong favourites for the prem. If they beat Scots this weekend I think the aforementioned prem is all but sealed for the squad

Shore-Struggles at the start likely caused by some new additions to the squad have settled and the team has proven to be able to contend at a very high level seen by their performance against Riverview and Scots in recent rounds

Newington-Very rough start but they've picked up strong with their forward pack being one of the best in the competition not much to say for this year but a good contender for next year

Kings-only one selection in GPS squads doesn't even really begin to express the quality of this team. While a bit unfortunate this year they've played an extremely gritty and determined style of footy this year and their win against Joey's proved that this competition never really has a far-and-away best team. I see Kings being the runners-up in the competition with a late push and a good stretch of games being all they need

Scots-Not extremely high expectations coming into the year and starting off the season with a draw summed it up. However, these boys have still exceeded my personal expectations of the squad and have pulled off some excellent performances

Riverview-An exceptionally promising start to the season has been followed by some very rough games. A great performance against Joey saw them fall just short however, I see them finishing strong and given the tightness of the ladder could very well make a break towards the top

Predicted Ladder (END OF SEASON)
Joeys
Kings
Shore
Riverview
Newington
Scots

-Superman

Joker

John Hipwell (52)
TIPS PLEASE
Apologies for being late.

1721768603905.png

Srgnt Short Ball

Chris McKivat (8)
Admitted schoolboy here but these are my takes as GPS returns for the season

Joeys-By far the most consistent team this season with a dominant cohort. The Joey's squad has combined a strong year 12 group with an exceptionally promising year 11 group and besides their single loss have looked extremely strong favourites for the prem. If they beat Scots this weekend I think the aforementioned prem is all but sealed for the squad

Shore-Struggles at the start likely caused by some new additions to the squad have settled and the team has proven to be able to contend at a very high level seen by their performance against Riverview and Scots in recent rounds

Newington-Very rough start but they've picked up strong with their forward pack being one of the best in the competition not much to say for this year but a good contender for next year

Kings-only one selection in GPS squads doesn't even really begin to express the quality of this team. While a bit unfortunate this year they've played an extremely gritty and determined style of footy this year and their win against Joey's proved that this competition never really has a far-and-away best team. I see Kings being the runners-up in the competition with a late push and a good stretch of games being all they need

Scots-Not extremely high expectations coming into the year and starting off the season with a draw summed it up. However, these boys have still exceeded my personal expectations of the squad and have pulled off some excellent performances

Riverview-An exceptionally promising start to the season has been followed by some very rough games. A great performance against Joey saw them fall just short however, I see them finishing strong and given the tightness of the ladder could very well make a break towards the top

Predicted Ladder (END OF SEASON)
Joeys
Kings
Shore
Riverview
Newington
Scots

-Superman
this is the kind of input from schoolboys that we need!!