• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

OleMan

Bob McCowan (2)
IMO 9&10 in U15&U16 are pretty much the same? I mean you might as well compare them as being in the same age group? There’s not many good 10’s in the U16 but PLENTY 9’s. The Sydney U15 #10 Finn Hannon is quite special. I would rate him above a couple of the current U16 #10.
I'd agree with #10's, there's a few in the u15s that are as good if not better than the u16 #10's. Not sure I agree about the Joey's/Mosman/Norths #10. Don't get me wrong he is good, but in my opinion the 2Blues/U16A Waverly #10 Payton Tarau outplayed him in every way at the State Champs and the Regional's.

I rate all three #9's from the Rats, Norths & 2Blues. The Rats & Norths boys are a little faster and the 2Blues #9 a smarter rugby player.

The Mosman connection is via borders a Riverview. There is a consistent theme as to who is involved across an academy, a school and a district - hence the Sydney selections. Scorpions are the Two Blues team - and most play League on Saturday. Knox are weak - have not beaten any of the GPS teams in 3 years. In fact - we put 72 points on them. Barker grabbed the Holmes connections from Rats. Yes, they have all been ramping up their recruitment drive - from the same schools and the same clubs.
With the U15 squad I think the Mosman connection is with Joeys.
The current U15 Knox squad has improved a lot over the past 2-3 years. They've picked up a few players and improved others. Their game against Newington (not sure if that's what you're referring to) earlier in the year isn't reflective of how the rest of their season has gone.

Hello all, i’m fairly new to the AAGPS, as I went to TGS in the QLD GPS comp, but I just had a quick question. When the Joeys (Pretty sure Pat Young) player refused to shake the view players hand last year in their match up, was it really that big of a deal or just dragged out by the news articles?

Srgnt Short Ball

Chris McKivat (8)
Hello all, i’m fairly new to the AAGPS, as I went to TGS in the QLD GPS comp, but I just had a quick question. When the Joeys (Pretty sure Pat Young) player refused to shake the view players hand last year in their match up, was it really that big of a deal or just dragged out by the news articles?
definitely dragged out, both players acted in an unsportsmanlike fashion but that appears at all levels of the game.

This was certainly dragged out the rivalry is fierce and the kids are young. Those Joey boys were mad about there season they were having and the emotions caught up to them. It was a minor slip up that should have not reached the papers.

-QTT

Professor62

Larry Dwyer (12)
@Joker
Do you Believe the boys over at Hunters Hill have secured there 58th 1XV premiership or could it be possible that another school snatches the title.

-QTT
IMO the only other school that has a chance to 'snatch' the title is Shore. Currently at second on the ladder, if they can find form again, they will do well. However every game is a grand final, no time to slack off if they still want a shot at the prem. The boys down at hunters hill have 5 wins, to Shore's 3. Big 4 weeks ahead.
-Professor

CasualObserver

Herbert Moran (7)
Based
Anybody see NG rugby's Instagram post ranking the top 50 schoolboy players from around the world. 7 AAGPS players were on the list. They were;

41. Rex Bassingthwaighte (E)
40. Marshall Le Maitre (E)
24. Onitoni Large (S)
20. Leo Jaques (S)
19. Hemasi Makasini (N)
14. Toby Brial (S)
8. Heinz Lemoto (S)

Full List Here: https://www.instagram.com/p/C9u_7KVoeqV/?hl=en&img_index=4
Based on this we have the best player development in the world.

1721703557886.png

The_Lock

Stan Wickham (3)
Anybody see NG rugby's Instagram post ranking the top 50 schoolboy players from around the world. 7 AAGPS players were on the list. They were;

41. Rex Bassingthwaighte (E)
40. Marshall Le Maitre (E)
24. Onitoni Large (S)
20. Leo Jaques (S)
19. Hemasi Makasini (N)
14. Toby Brial (S)
8. Heinz Lemoto (S)

Full List Here: https://www.instagram.com/p/C9u_7KVoeqV/?hl=en&img_index=4
I highly doubt the accuracy of this list, it would be very hard to compare across countries given the difference in playing standards.

Yours in speculation,
The Lock