• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Maul of Duty

Sydney Middleton (9)
Little bit of rain in the game. Very strong wind but NSW played a smart game and played with the wind in the first half setting themselves up well for the second half and putting all the pressure on QLD.

Final about to start NSW School 2 v NSW Juniors (defending champions).

Maul of Duty

Sydney Middleton (9)
NSW Schools 2 in for an early try in the corner. Running with the breeze
Try in the first 2min.
Converted from the sideline as well with the strong breeze

sundayeightpm

Peter Burge (5)
Is the Brumbies talent ID simply far superior to the Tahs?
Theres definitely a culture difference...we probs bitch and complain a bit more up here ;-). I am actually a Queenslander, so I plead not guilty. However, more seriously - it has a lot to do with simple numbers...NSW has the most players....most athletes etc, and the most depth. Then they grow up, and the talented 50 players across these Schoolboys teams and Waratahs Academy don't fit into the 30 contracted positions at the Waratahs, so you pack up and go looking for a new contract. This is why Rebs, Force etc were rolled out...try and keep players in Aus. The Brumbies, (with a slight chip on the shoulder) take all of the NSW and QLD players who cannot or don't want to fit into their home state programs and gee them up with 'bloody blues - let's smash em'. QLD have been doing it for years in the Origin, and it works pretty well ;-)

Maul of Duty

Sydney Middleton (9)
HT 18-17 to NSW Schools. Penally conversion on half time to take a narrow lead. The wind is playing a significant role in the game and I think if juniors use it to their advantage in the second half they may put quite a few points on

moa999

Billy Sheehan (19)
Enthralling final games.

So Australian U18 squad to be announced soon.
Will be interesting to see how many players not at this tournament (PONI and Qld GPS) are selected.

Edit.. seems this squad will play the U18 PONI squad. S

Last edited:

Here for the advice

Frank Nicholson (4)
Yes, very conditions specific. I noticed at the trials a week ago that there were some lads with very good feet, but average hands and eyes - i.e. had a flying winger outside in the clear, and died with the ball. All comes down to what game we want to play huh?
Too often the glory solo play or magical kick. - many could just let the ball do the work and simple draw and pass…….. so often the extra man is lost by a cut out or jink inside. Let’s use the amazing speed we have in the teams !

Mule

Chris McKivat (8)
IMG_2060.jpeg

Maul of Duty

Sydney Middleton (9)
Thanks for the list. It will be good to see which boys are added to the PONI squad and as a result don’t qualify for the schoolboy team.
I believe those announcements come out on the 12th