• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Soupnasty

Stan Wickham (3)
I think the NSW schools2 10 and 11 have been good also. I'd have the 11 ahead of Tombs and at this stage the 10 ahead of Fowler (hard in wet conditions)
The reserve front row for NSW2 have also been excellent

Fittler has been well-suited for wet weather.

Soupnasty

Stan Wickham (3)
Yes, very conditions specific. I noticed at the trials a week ago that there were some lads with very good feet, but average hands and eyes - i.e. had a flying winger outside in the clear, and died with the ball. All comes down to what game we want to play huh?
Yeah. Based on the weather this season, this generation will be good at playing England.

Cauliflower Ear

Frank Nicholson (4)
Next big name to wait and hear about is Large.
Pretty confident he will end up in league, has close ties with a few clubs and believe he is a very talented five-eight (6 in league). However, hopefully he stays healthy in term 3 for Scots and ends up staying in union.
Although he is probably a bloody PONI player, annoying we have barely seen him play this year because of injury. Is he in Yr 11 or 12?

The Cleaner

Ward Prentice (10)
Onitoni Large is in Yr 11. His younger brother Ashton Large put on quite a performance last weekend at the U16 School trial. He is also one to look out for. I heard Onitoni has committed to League.

Soupnasty

Stan Wickham (3)
Is the Brumbies talent ID simply far superior to the Tahs?

In Juniors, NSW is dominant, and ACT struggles, and yet, at the senior level, the Brumbies are well ahead.

Is it as simple as talent ID and development to senior grade or something more complex?

The Cleaner

Ward Prentice (10)
Is the Brumbies talent ID simply far superior to the Tahs?
I don't know what's going on but To me? I hope the newly appointed Director of Performance will have some sort of influence in the Waratahs Juniors program because I think they need everyone to reapply for their current role.
(Edit previous comments for I don’t know the facts about the pathway programs)

Last edited:

HowRYa?

Frank Row (1)
These games I feel are a bit gimmicky, there are some huge players not playing in these teams, due to other sporting commitments. These are just to fill a Rugby AU requirement. If we want a genuine rep of NSW (don't know about the other teams), these games need to be played after the main season is done. But this isn't to take from the awesome footy on display from these boys. Australian footy is hopefully on the comeback.

Yours Dearest,
HowRYa?