• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

BananaMan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Anyone got a name and year for the Joeys 2nds number 10? Watching the game from the weekend and can't help but notice he's got a very nice kicking game and game management, seems unlucky to not be in the 1st XV.
Good player yes but no where near Fowler. It would take an injury to get into that 1sts team. Possibly next year as Fowler is in Yr 12.

PROPaganda

Herbert Moran (7)
MY GPS 1st XV
1. Sheck (N)
2. Warner (E)
3. Osborne (I)
4. Graham (I)
5. Greer (J)
6. Fanua (K)
7. Le Maitre/Logan; Toss Up (E/J)
8. Brial (S)
9. Grover (I)
10. Rodwell/Fowler; Toss up (N/J)
11. Makaseni (N)
12. Gough (J)
13. Tombs (J)
14. Hartman (I)
15. Callaghan (E)
I dont understand the toss up between Le Maitre and Logan. They don't both have to play seven. Get rid of another backrower or second rower because they both need to be in the team.

Up and In

Herbert Moran (7)
MY GPS 1st XV
1. Sheck (N)
2. Warner (E)
3. Osborne (I)
4. Graham (I)
5. Greer (J)
6. Fanua (K)
7. Le Maitre/Logan; Toss Up (E/J)
8. Brial (S)
9. Grover (I)
10. Rodwell/Fowler; Toss up (N/J)
11. Makaseni (N)
12. Gough (J)
13. Tombs (J)
14. Hartman (I)
15. Callaghan (E)
I have heard a whisper that Rodwell has withdrawn himself from selection...

The Chairman

Ron Walden (29)
I thought I'd share my mid-season predictions for all three comps this year.

1st VX
1. Joeys
2. Newington
3. Shore
4. Kings
5. Riverview
6. Scots

2nd XV
1. Scots
2. Joeys
3. Kings
4. Shore
5. Riverview
6. Newington

3rd XV
1. Shore
2. Scots
3. Joeys

4. Riverview
5. Grammar
6. Kings
7. Armidale
8. High
Good competition in the 3rd XV comp. Shore have their noses in front, could swing any way though.

CasualObserver

Herbert Moran (7)
Why is it assumed that High keeps a spot in the 3rds comp? Are High required to try and put out teams that provide some sort of contest? There overall results are pretty poor, here are the results from the summer season and last winter:
Basketball - 1sts: 7th (3 wins), 2nds: 7th (3 wins)
Cricket - 1sts: 8th (0 wins, from 14 games), 2nds: 8th (0 wins, 14 games). Most of these losses were so heavy they resulted in bonus points for the opposition.
Rowing - 1st VIII: 8th, 40 secs behind the winner, and 20 seconds behind 7th (Scots, just in case anyone was wondering). They finished last in every event they competed in. Although, they did have a starter in every race, whereas Grammar didn't provide a starter in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th IV. Newington and Scots didn't compete in the 4th IV either.
Swimming - Seniors: 7th, Intermediate: 3rd, Junior: 5th
Tennis - 1sts: 8th (14 wins from 126 matches, ie 11%), 2nds: 7th (34.5 wins from 126 matches).
Water polo - 1sts: No team, 2nds: 5th / 5 teams
Athletics - Senior: 7th / 9 schools, Intermediate: 5th, Junior: 3rd
Cross Country - Opens: 4th, including the #1 runner.
Rugby - 3rd XV comp: 8th (0 wins, points differential of -241)
Football - 1sts: 8th (0 wins), 2nds: 8th (1 win)
Volleyball - 1sts: 1st, undefeated / 6 schools, 2nds: 2nd / 6 schools

Syd

Allen Oxlade (6)
You obviously haven’t been in touch with GPS basketball in recent years, every year the NSW state champion school comes from GPS/CAS 2022 to present newington, 2021 shore, 2019 riverview and some of the worlds best like Kings old boy and nba stud Josh green, view old boy and Sydney kings star Jordi Hunter, Australian boomers Nick Kay from newington, Isaac Humprihes from Scot’s, tyrese proctor (trinity grammar/duke university) come from the gps and private school system so to say it is a joke to you include sports like these is wrong especially considering that nsw state teams are often filled by gps/cas students and there are multiple Australian representatives and Australian selection camp athletes from multiple different gps schools in the past few years, including basketball in this graph is not to benefit Riverview as other schools have more premierships “this century” at the 1sts level but it is included because it would be wrong to not include a sport that attracts large crowds in the gps and is played at a high level
Rather than give Riverview credit the guy you replied to is pretending that his bubble is the only bubble that matters. Plenty of GPS boys playing AFL now as well.

ScrumSavvy

Frank Row (1)
I thought I'd share my mid-season predictions for all three comps this year.

1st VX
1. Joeys
2. Newington
3. Shore
4. Kings
5. Riverview
6. Scots

2nd XV
1. Scots
2. Joeys
3. Kings
4. Shore
5. Riverview
6. Newington

3rd XV
1. Shore
2. Scots
3. Joeys

4. Riverview
5. Grammar
6. Kings
7. Armidale
8. High
Pretty spot on here, hard to see Joeys going anywhere in the 1st VX with the footy they are playing at the moment. Pretty hotly contested I feel between Newington, Shore and Kings for 2nd and 3rd.

footyismyname

Bob McCowan (2)
Hey Everyone,

From my understanding the U16 GPS squads are picked on the 22nd is that 30 boys in each squad or is that just 23 straight up?

Does anyone know how many boys are picked in the squad and when it is cut down to the 23.

Thanks