• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

The Cleaner

Sydney Middleton (9)
MY GPS 1st XV
1. Sheck (N)
2. Warner (E)
3. Osborne (I)
4. Graham (I)
5. Greer (J)
6. Fanua (K)
7. Le Maitre/Logan; Toss Up (E/J)
8. Brial (S)
9. Grover (I)
10. Rodwell/Fowler; Toss up (N/J)
11. Makaseni (N)
12. Gough (J)
13. Tombs (J)
14. Hartman (I)
15. Callaghan (E)
Rodwell 100%

AnonomousEmu

Bob McCowan (2)
MY GPS 1st XV
1. Sheck (N)
2. Warner (E)
3. Osborne (I)
4. Graham (I)
5. Greer (J)
6. Fanua (K)
7. Le Maitre/Logan; Toss Up (E/J)
8. Brial (S)
9. Grover (I)
10. Rodwell/Fowler; Toss up (N/J)
11. Makaseni (N)
12. Gough (J)
13. Tombs (J)
14. Hartman (I)
15. Callaghan (E)
Although Sheck is a young talent who is doing more than holding his own, you'd have to think their are better options over him in the likes of Lavercomb etc. Additionally, if the team was picked on season form over reputation, Logan has been one of the, if not the form player of the GPS this year.

thesolicitor

Allen Oxlade (6)
Rather than give Riverview credit the guy you replied to is pretending that his bubble is the only bubble that matters. Plenty of GPS boys playing AFL now as well.
Yeah look that guy I replied to is portraying an ancient toxic idea and dosent know a thing about modern gps sports and how that some of them are more popular and played at a higher level than they were 50 years ago!

Reactions: Syd

SydneyFC10

Stan Wickham (3)
Why is it assumed that High keeps a spot in the 3rds comp? Are High required to try and put out teams that provide some sort of contest? There overall results are pretty poor, here are the results from the summer season and last winter:
Basketball - 1sts: 7th (3 wins), 2nds: 7th (3 wins)
Cricket - 1sts: 8th (0 wins, from 14 games), 2nds: 8th (0 wins, 14 games). Most of these losses were so heavy they resulted in bonus points for the opposition.
Rowing - 1st VIII: 8th, 40 secs behind the winner, and 20 seconds behind 7th (Scots, just in case anyone was wondering). They finished last in every event they competed in. Although, they did have a starter in every race, whereas Grammar didn't provide a starter in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th IV. Newington and Scots didn't compete in the 4th IV either.
Swimming - Seniors: 7th, Intermediate: 3rd, Junior: 5th
Tennis - 1sts: 8th (14 wins from 126 matches, ie 11%), 2nds: 7th (34.5 wins from 126 matches).
Water polo - 1sts: No team, 2nds: 5th / 5 teams
Athletics - Senior: 7th / 9 schools, Intermediate: 5th, Junior: 3rd
Cross Country - Opens: 4th, including the #1 runner.
Rugby - 3rd XV comp: 8th (0 wins, points differential of -241)
Football - 1sts: 8th (0 wins), 2nds: 8th (1 win)
Volleyball - 1sts: 1st, undefeated / 6 schools, 2nds: 2nd / 6 schools
While I am not disputing that High's rugby program is not up to the required 3rds quality, to dismiss their other sports programs is an oversight.

1sts Basketball has won two 1st grade premierships in the last decade, 1sts Football currently sit 1st in the GPS, 1sts Volleyball has won almost every premiership ever.

While these sports are obviously not as esteemed as rugby, to say the level of High's rugby program is equivalent to that of their other programs is wrong - it is a level below.

AnonomousEmu

Bob McCowan (2)
young talent o_O; I am very surprised to hear that he is young. The bloke is massive and sticks out like a sore thumb, bowling over kings defenders for an excellent try last week.
Still only 16 to my knowledge, believe the presidents will poach him. However, I'm not sure if the same goes for the likes of Dempsey (I) and Taumoepeau (J) who both played in the president's side last year

HOWGOODISFOOTY!

Frank Row (1)
Newington's forward pack for not having many names with Cleverley being out, has really stepped up and shown what they are about. Huge test this weekend taking on the joeys pack but both of there second rowers work hard and will make the boys from joeys work hard for the win!

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Tiddlywinks? Cranbrook aren't in the GPS.
Careful I got banned for three months for making a crack about Cranbrook years ago. Those students are quick at reporting slurs they find while lurking here.

Cyclopath roasting the reported member

tumblr_a6907d1515a0420ac9445d80cf98eb5c_657e4047_500.gif

Frank the Tank

Frank Row (1)
Might be more accurate to say that top-liner Cooper Green returned from injury and Dooley made way. Both performed well and Dooley somewhat unlucky but Green was always going to figure in this campaign.
Possession is 9/10ths of the law. Was very strong in the line outs and late in the game.

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
I hope more people realise this, half of the Olympic Mens Eight come from AAGPS schools, its superb the standards all across the traditional sports.
Three of that Mens Olympic VIII are Joeys boys (Spencer Turrin, Jack Hargreaves and Jack O'Brien). The rest of the crew are Alex Purnell (Shore), Josh Hicks (Trinity Perth), two Melbourne rowers and one from Adelaide.
Another three Joeys boys are rowing in the Australian U19 Mens Four (JM4+) with a Riverview boy, to compete in the upcoming World Championships in Canada.

Last edited:

Rugbynbeers

Darby Loudon (17)
The shame about the video it interviewed two rugby boys from kings that were at the school by the grace of the school bursar.

This statement is incorrect, Not both boys were provided to join the school by a bursar.

In fact one of the boys player a majority of 2nd Xv rather then 1st Xv. This comment is completely inappropriate and disrespectful to the family who worked so hard to give there child this opportunity to attend a GPS school.

Hardyardmenrugby

Frank Row (1)
On another note, key matchups for Shore v View this Saturday.

Harvison (E) v Osbourne (I) #3
Both coming off of strong performances. Big fellas who can get over the ball and tear up with pick and goes.

Baxter (E) v Graham (I) #4/5
Both have been outstanding so far, I know Baxter is 5 and Graham is 4 but no difference made.

LeMaitre (E) v Dempsey (I) #7
LeMaitre = GPS 2nd XV #7 2023
GPS 1st XV #7 2024
Dempsey = GPS 2nd XV #7 2024
GPS 1st XV #7 2025
Funny to note the likelihood of this prediction landing but I expect the Veteran shows the Rookie what it means to wear that GPS #7 jersey and teach him a lesson he’ll remember for next year.

Gordon (E) v Saunders (I) #6
IMO shores most underrated player this year. Rarely gives penalties, rarely makes errors (0 KOs so far to my knowledge), I'd predict he’s in the top 2/3 in tackle count each weak and runs with intent. Not to say Saunders isn’t a strong player but I had to make mention of this representative Smokey.

Callaghan (E) v Mason (I)
Cenny coast gladiator with lightning footwork against a drill creek merchant who punches on with kangaroos for breakfast. Strength v speed, only time will tell.

IMO, shore +7 vengeance for the northmen
Let me know your thoughts fellas

sincerely HYMR