• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Ballscollector

Herbert Moran (7)
Well deserved to hear that Bede Clout has moved into the 1st XV, was injured to begin the season and therefore was placed in the 3rd XV, but has performed well in every game for the 2nd XV, as well as subbing on for the 1sts against Joeys and making major runs to march them up the field, it is quite unfortunate to hear about Angus Reardon being moved down to the 2nd XV after playing what I believe was his best game of the season against Scots but that's the way this game goes.

Grubblin

Frank Row (1)
Well deserved to hear that Bede Clout has moved into the 1st XV, was injured to begin the season and therefore was placed in the 3rd XV, but has performed well in every game for the 2nd XV, as well as subbing on for the 1sts against Joeys and making major runs to march them up the field, it is quite unfortunate to hear about Angus Reardon being moved down to the 2nd XV after playing what I believe was his best game of the season against Scots but that's the way this game goes.
Well said BC, as I've already said, loved that game and that substitute (I assume is the Bede your talking about) made a massive difference with some confident carry's and line breaks. Will be interesting to see how he handles it this Saturday.

Time will tell. Cheers. Grubblin

PROPaganda

Herbert Moran (7)
Any thoughts on the upcoming game between Shore and View?

View obviously got the win at home back in May, yet, have not won at Northbridge since 2020, with some intense battles in 23 and 22

Would love to hear some thoughts, I am looking forward to these battles

15 Callaghan vs 15 Mason
7 Lemaite vs 7 Dempsey
5 Baxter vs 5 Graham
9 Binnie vs 9 Grover
I like the outside-centre matchup between Hartman and Kingdom. Hartman undoubtedly one of the best centres in the comp but Kingdom is highly underrated and is yet to have a real breakout game, I think this could be the week we really see Lewis at full flight and make a push for higher rep honours.

Jim Brennan

Frank Nicholson (4)
Any thoughts on the upcoming game between Shore and View?

View obviously got the win at home back in May, yet, have not won at Northbridge since 2020, with some intense battles in 23 and 22

Would love to hear some thoughts, I am looking forward to these battles

15 Callaghan vs 15 Mason
7 Lemaite vs 7 Dempsey
5 Baxter vs 5 Graham
9 Binnie vs 9 Grover
I have full confidence that the Ignatian men specifically Henri Dempsey and Tom Hartman who are both young for their year will secure the win against Shore being the 2 most dominating players on the Ignatian side.
- JB

PROPaganda

Herbert Moran (7)
Yes, silly that High are in the 3rds but New isn't
I think Newington 3rds are in a position where they would beat most teams in the 4ths comp but would struggle to win a game in the 3rds comp. Definitely a better side then High though but maybe they should both stay out. Although adding a thirds team would strengthen and support the rugby program at Newington and results will likely follow.

Ballscollector

Herbert Moran (7)
I think with the 3rds comp, it's just a very tricky area to figure out with High, Grammar and Newington. Putting Grammar into the 2XV comp would be a scheduling nightmare unless it was reverted back to a one round competition or another school were dropped to the 3XV, both of which don't make much sense to me. High should be replaced by New in the 3XV comp but placing a school's 1st XV into an unofficial comp seems unfair, no matter how badly they may be losing (Although it may be time), but yes Newington should be brought into the 3rd XV comp and should be an easy enough scheduling work around, having the 3rd XVs play on the long weekend day, though some schools may object to having boys out of school from 11AM, but needs to be done for Newington to exist in the comp.

FastNFurious

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Would it be time to put the Grammar 1st XV in the 2nd XV competition, drop SBHS 1st XV to the 4th XV comp and bring in Newington to the 3rds?
Grammar would get skinned in the 2’s comp on average and you would need to drop another schools 2nd XV out to make the numbers work. So no, crap idea.

FastNFurious

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I think with the 3rds comp, it's just a very tricky area to figure out with High, Grammar and Newington. Putting Grammar into the 2XV comp would be a scheduling nightmare unless it was reverted back to a one round competition or another school were dropped to the 3XV, both of which don't make much sense to me. High should be replaced by New in the 3XV comp but placing a school's 1st XV into an unofficial comp seems unfair, no matter how badly they may be losing (Although it may be time), but yes Newington should be brought into the 3rd XV comp and should be an easy enough scheduling work around, having the 3rd XVs play on the long weekend day, though some schools may object to having boys out of school from 11AM, but needs to be done for Newington to exist in the comp.
Or they could start the 3rds comp 1 week early….. IDK, it’s already a rable. Joeys 3rds haven’t played at the same venue as the rest of the school this term…. And the 4ths had a bye on the weekend we played Riverview! Extraordinary!!

runningrugbyrules

Ted Fahey (11)
Conveniently the article stats are configured to "this century". But well done to them :)
Re; Daily Telegraph GPS sports article ; I don’t mind Rowing included with Rugby as the Rowers are obviously Australias best, just as many of the best Union/League players play in the GPS.

However including soccer, cricket, basketball and tennis is a joke as very few are the nations best at their respective sports and no one in those sports cares at all about GPS soccer, cricket, basketball, tennis. I played 1sts Basketball and it was a huge drop in standard from State leagues. Anyone who is talented in those sports will go overseas or AIS, and in the case of cricket play grade in Sydney 1st Division.

People only care about GPS Rugby and Rowing. Next time they’ll probably include AFL, handball, volleyball, hide‘n‘seek, Quidditch, Tiddlywinks and freesbie in the GPS sports championships table

Rudderless

Vay Wilson (31)
From the AAGPS website

OPEN REPRESENTATIVE RUGBY 2024

Open Representative Rugby teams will be announced on the AAGPS website on the evening of Saturday 22 June by approximately 8 p.m.

Players selected in Opens AAGPS Rugby teams are to gather at The Scots College at 9 a.m. on Sunday 23 June.

Entry will be via the Cranbrook Rd gates only.

Players will be required until approximately 1 p.m.

Shadow players will not be named but may be called in after medicals have been completed.

Training is at Newington College on Monday 24 June at 3.30 p.m. followed by the AAGPS Rugby Dinner also at Newington College. This should be finished by 8 p.m.

Training will also be held on Tuesday 25 June 3.30 p.m. at:

• 1st / 2nd XVs - Shore Sports Grounds, Northbridge
• Blue/White XVs - Doyle Ground 4, The Kings School

Fixtures will occur on Thursday 27 June all day at Warringah Rugby Park and the afternoon of Friday 28 June at Knox Grammar School.

NSW Schools teams will be announced on the evening of Friday 28 June and are to gather the morning of Saturday 29 June at Waratahs HQ.

The Australian Schools Rugby Championships are being held on the Sunshine Coast from Tuesday July 2 to Saturday July 6.

Mr P. Barlow AAGPS Rugby Convener
18 June 2024

PRESIDENT XVs PLAYER INFORMATION

President A & B Squads will be announced on the AAGPS Website on the evening of Saturday 22 June.

Selected players will be required to report to Newington College at 9 a.m. Sunday 23 June for medical assessment; administration and light training.

Both squads will train at The Shore School Sports Grounds Northbridge on Tuesday 25 and Thursday 27 June at 3.30 p.m.

The NSW Schools U/16 Championships will be held at St Gregorys College Campbelltown on Saturday 29 and Sunday 30 June.

1st Fixtures are:
• President A v ISA 9.30 a.m.
• President B v CAS 12.00 p.m.

Following fixtures on Saturday, Sunday fixtures are dependent on results.

Mr P Barlow AAGPS Rugby Convener
18 June 2024

Last edited:

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
300 pages down and we still have many matches to go. Congratulations to all who contributed in a variety of ways. There is plenty of debate kept civil. Banter aplenty too.

Special mention to all the students (many I have met) who are on here contributing in a positive way. You work allows many to learn about players and the rugby culture of schools. They are so good you can’t even pick them! Keep up the great work. The future of this thread is in your hands.

FB77E59E-AEBC-4781-8F76-DB339A127FF4.gif

Last edited: