• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

NedKelly

Peter Burge (5)

'The Telegraph requested interviews with current leaders of Riverview, Kings and other GPS members.'

This is journalism shorthand for 'none of them chose to speak with us but former Riverview headmaster Shane Hogan did so we picked an arbitrary time frame which suited him.'

If the time frame had been the last decade, or the last 35, 40, 45 or 50 years, the results would be quite different. And to say 'Riverview's strengths have been football (soccer) and cricket' is something of an understatement given they account for 20 of 34 sporting superpower titles since 2000.

But let's not be churlish and instead give them their due. They've been far and away the best at football (soccer), accounting for over a third of all their 21st Century titles, thrilling crowds of dozens on fields somewhere down behind the bike sheds.

There's an entire trophy room at Riverview devoted to their football prowess, walls covered in team photos of their glorious soccer heroes. The carpets in this room won't need replacing until sometime next century.

FastNFurious

Jimmy Flynn (14)
'The Telegraph requested interviews with current leaders of Riverview, Kings and other GPS members.'

This is journalism shorthand for 'none of them chose to speak with us but former Riverview headmaster Shane Hogan did so we picked an arbitrary time frame which suited him.'

If the time frame had been the last decade, or the last 35, 40, 45 or 50 years, the results would be quite different. And to say 'Riverview's strengths have been football (soccer) and cricket' is something of an understatement given they account for 20 of 34 sporting superpower titles since 2000.

But let's not be churlish and instead give them their due. They've been far and away the best at football (soccer), accounting for over a third of all their 21st Century titles, thrilling crowds of dozens on fields somewhere down behind the bike sheds.

There's an entire trophy room at Riverview devoted to their football prowess, walls covered in team photos of their glorious soccer heroes. The carpets in this room won't need replacing until sometime next century.
So what you’re saying is View have won more soccer premierships this century than rugby premierships in this century and the last century combined.

Billy McGee

Peter Burge (5)

The “Telegraph” and “journalism” don’t belong in the same sentence.

The Cleaner

Sydney Middleton (9)
When are the GPS v CAS v ISA games ?
1718664516734.png

Grubblin

Frank Row (1)
I don't know about you lot, but I have a sneaky feeling that this Saturday match could be an interesting one.

Personally as a Joeys old boy, I'd like to see them thrash Newo and sustain that momentum and lead to carry them to the prem.

That being said, anything can happen, Joeys have the lead in points but the rest of the ladder will be fighting for a top spot. In my eyes if Joeys win this weekend, it's all over for most teams shot at winning the prem.

Just some thoughts. Cheers. Grubblin. :D

FastNFurious

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Taggart has been good but your stats are wrong. In the pack vs Scots, he was equal 3rd tackler on 15 behind Greer and Ghattas with 19 each, and 6th on carries with 4 behind everyone except Quinn. Logan led carries with 20.
So “phenomenal stats” might be a stretch.
My mistake, I’m misinformed by the scuttlebutt in the stands. You’re obviously an insider with such a strong grasp on the minutiae of the stats.

The Cleaner

Sydney Middleton (9)
Mr Greasy Scrum Hub, I've spent time looking at the Kings School rugby division, from 1st grade to 2nd grade and 3rd grade.I've therefore seen a huge amount of talent that it being produced in the 2nds and 3rd competition, players with Great IQ and Overall Ball playing skills, I've come to notice that talent from the 3rd scrum half Matthew Smith. Matthew Smith played a outstanding game in the 2nd comp the past few rounds by showing his great versatility and ball running game. I truly Believe as a Ex rugby player that Matthew Smith is a dominating scrum-half that should moved to fullback and Kings can make a strategic decision to utilize his skills more effectively and address team needs. However, it requires careful consideration of the player's abilities, adaptability, and the overall team dynamics. If executed well, it can lead to enhanced performance and development for both the player and the team.

The Kings School 2nd competition, I've been on edge for a while now, with exciting young inside centre, currently in exceptional form, prepares to make his highly anticipated first-grade return. With a blend of skill, athleticism, and tactical intelligence, this player has quickly become one of the most talked-about prospects in the sport. Strongly Believe that he should be included somewhere within The Kings School 1st grade squad, he has to much potential for it to got to waste in the 2nd comp.

Mr Greasy Scrum Hub,

"INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY" - Taylan May
You lost me when you quoted RL Taylan May

Grip 'n Rip

Allen Oxlade (6)
3s competition very competitive this year. Game of the round was Shore v Joeys today - dominant performance from Shore 3s until late in second half when discipline and some mistakes let Joeys in. Anyone get a good look at stand out players in that game? 13 From Joeys very strong ball runner in previous games from my knowledge.
Look man....
No doubt on what you have to say about the 3's comp being tight.
But I just don't see eye to eye with you about the Joeys 13 (O'Connor I believe the name is). From what I watched on the weekend at shore, the poor discipline form the joeys team lead to yellow cards,13 being the culprit. A little birdie told me that O'Connor also is a gifted dancer and performs on Saturday nights post game. Maybe he could implement this fast foot work on the dance floor and bring it to the field.

thanks

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Tuesday is Tipsday

Get them in soon or I send one of these fellas round to your place.

6F987C2D-A487-4FA6-9F26-842FCFE6F54F.gif

3116D371-9F2B-48DF-9115-55AD33D59253.png

Last edited:

The President

Allen Oxlade (6)
1st XV
P
W
D
L
F
A
DIFF
PTS
St.Joseph's
5​
4​
0​
1​
110​
71​
39​
8​
Newington
5​
3​
0​
2​
111​
112​
-1​
6​
Kings
5​
2​
1​
2​
108​
112​
-4​
5​
Shore
5​
2​
0​
3​
108​
106​
2​
4​
St.Ignatius'
5​
2​
0​
3​
76​
78​
-2​
4​
Scots
5​
1​
1​
3​
73​
107​
-34​
3​

2nd XV
P
W
D
L
F
A
DIFF
PTS
Scots
5​
5​
0​
0​
108​
31​
77​
10​
St.Joseph's
5​
4​
0​
1​
117​
62​
55​
8​
Kings
5​
3​
0​
2​
82​
72​
10​
6​
Shore​
5​
1​
1​
3​
58​
69​
-11​
3​
Newington
5​
0​
2​
3​
77​
110​
-33​
2​
St.Ignatius'
5​
0​
1​
4​
38​
136​
-98​
1​

3rd XV
P
W
D
L
F
A
DIFF
PTS
Scots
2​
2​
0​
0​
67​
17​
50​
4​
Grammar
2​
2​
0​
0​
49​
18​
31​
4​
Shore
2​
2​
0​
0​
30​
5​
25​
4​
St.Ignatius'
2​
1​
0​
1​
76​
28​
48​
2​
Kings
2​
1​
0​
1​
27​
33​
-6​
2​
St.Joseph's
2​
0​
0​
2​
17​
30​
-13​
0​
TAS
2​
0​
0​
2​
12​
34​
-22​
0​
High
2​
0​
0​
2​
5​
118​
-113​
0​
The 2 interesting points that I have taken out of this
- Scots 1st in the 2nds Comp but Last in the 1sts Comp
It's interesting to see that Scots are excelling in the 2nds comp at 5-0 but are struggling in the 1sts comp at 1-3-1. This must mean that the 1sts and 2nd teams at Scots must be very even which is something we normally don't see in schoolboy rugby as there is normally a decent sized gap between 1sts and 2nd
- Joeys Winless in the 3rds Comp
This has come as a big surprise for myself and I assume others as well. Joeys are known for their depth so to see them struggling is a big surprise

RushingRob

Ward Prentice (10)
I was very surprised to see the shore crowd last Saturday. I was expecting a massive crowd, as that's what's been talked about on this forum by more than bias Shore students. But, the Scots crowd was probably the same size as the Shore crowd. I'm not trying to talk up Scots, I'm just saying that I've seen the Shore boys so praised for loud and big crowds, but that wasn't what I saw last Saturday. Maybe something else was on?

Also, @Joker my tips:
New +2
Scots +5
View +7

NotAlwaysCorrectAdam

Allen Oxlade (6)
Mr Greasy Scrum Hub, I've spent time looking at the Kings School rugby division, from 1st grade to 2nd grade and 3rd grade.I've therefore seen a huge amount of talent that it being produced in the 2nds and 3rd competition, players with Great IQ and Overall Ball playing skills, I've come to notice that talent from the 3rd scrum half Matthew Smith. Matthew Smith played a outstanding game in the 2nd comp the past few rounds by showing his great versatility and ball running game. I truly Believe as a Ex rugby player that Matthew Smith is a dominating scrum-half that should moved to fullback and Kings can make a strategic decision to utilize his skills more effectively and address team needs. However, it requires careful consideration of the player's abilities, adaptability, and the overall team dynamics. If executed well, it can lead to enhanced performance and development for both the player and the team.

The Kings School 2nd competition, I've been on edge for a while now, with exciting young inside centre, currently in exceptional form, prepares to make his highly anticipated first-grade return. With a blend of skill, athleticism, and tactical intelligence, this player has quickly become one of the most talked-about prospects in the sport. Strongly Believe that he should be included somewhere within The Kings School 1st grade squad, he has to much potential for it to got to waste in the 2nd comp.

Mr Greasy Scrum Hub,

"INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY" - Taylan May
Another school student trying to tear down this forum.
Screen Shot 2024-06-18 at 11.10.30 am.png

Cheers,

rugbyAU

Colin Windon (37)
I was very surprised to see the shore crowd last Saturday. I was expecting a massive crowd, as that's what's been talked about on this forum by more than bias Shore students. But, the Scots crowd was probably the same size as the Shore crowd. I'm not trying to talk up Scots, I'm just saying that I've seen the Shore boys so praised for loud and big crowds, but that wasn't what I saw last Saturday. Maybe something else was on?

Also, @Joker my tips:
New +2
Scots +5
View +7
Gotta love the Scots supporters, bottom of the table and the Manly-Warringah of the AAGPS