• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Many weeks back on this forum we were discussing the potential for St Augustine's to replace Newington in the AAGPS because Newington is becoming co-ed (obviously that was half-hearted and just theoretical/an idea - not serious about that happening), but on the AAGPS fixtures for some reason Barker and Marist College Canberra have been listed there for a game this afternoon. Obviously that is just a slip up from someone but saw that on the fixtures and it reminded me of prior conversations here.

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
My apologies for the delay. Finally redone it all.
Any issues, let me know.
Thank you for your support

AAGPS RUGBY TIPPING 2024 Round 2.jpg

Steve_Grey

Larry Dwyer (12)
Respectfully Brial was not anywhere near his best vs Joeys. He scored an opportunist try off a quick tap, but otherwise got driven back in several tackles, once manhandled off the ground. Arnautovic went around him with ease to score his try. He did not look to be the strongest 8 in the comp on that form.
Fair comment - and I could be specific about a number of the TSC players, but I understand that is not the done form on this site.

Let's just say some of the TSC backs tackling was below par, whilst some TSC back's passing and kicking missed their targets and the TSC forward's ball retention weak.

Joey's on the other hand made relatively fewer mistakes, and had a very strong BackRow (the key to rugby union these days) with numerous pilfers.

Rookie21

Larry Dwyer (12)
Many weeks back on this forum we were discussing the potential for St Augustine's to replace Newington in the AAGPS because Newington is becoming co-ed (obviously that was half-hearted and just theoretical/an idea - not serious about that happening), but on the AAGPS fixtures for some reason Barker and Marist College Canberra have been listed there for a game this afternoon. Obviously that is just a slip up from someone but saw that on the fixtures and it reminded me of prior conversations here.
I don't believe the members of the GPS should be changed. Too steeped in tradition. There's a reason Knox was never accepted.

wiltwalker

Stan Wickham (3)
post won’t last long, that’s for sure.

hoping this topic doesn’t re-surface as last year on the forum it came quite racially motivated as well.
Look mate, I'm not trying to start anything of the sort.
Just simply responding to something someone else said.
You're trying to start some bravado fight or something by calling that out.
Be better.

Wilty

I don't believe the members of the GPS should be changed. Too steeped in tradition. There's a reason Knox was never accepted.
I agree that GPS members should not change. I wasn't trying to make a point about that or anything, just noticed that slip-up on the fixtures and because things like that seem to be quite irregular (especially listing non-GPS schools on the fixtures) it was deserving to be mentioned here, hence why I did so.

CasualObserver

Herbert Moran (7)
How many do other schools win V Joeys each week??? Every single Joeys' C, D, E, F, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, etc would be undefeated every single year, @Joker can you please confirm?? I don't think Joeys lower teams in each age group would ever lose a game to ANY school, Scots isn't alone.

Booing? Not at all. There was noise made as he kicked it but thats it, certainly no booing.

Ok and you would know how? Stop spreading bs and lies.

Thank you Joker,

Can everyone please just go back to the fact Shore had it's whole crowd screaming at full volume as the view kicker was lining up, taking his steps back and then going in for the kick. That is way too far AND it was in a firsts comp. Can always count on Shore for a scapegoat.
Just to clarify the Joeys vs Scots results....... There were 25 games, and Scots won 4. Of these:
There were 15 like-for-like games (ie AvA, BvB etc): Joeys won 14, and Scots 1 (2nds).
There were 10 games where Joeys played vs a higher grade: Joeys won 10, Scots 3 (Joeys 4ths v Scots 3rds, 12ths v 9ths, 13E v 13D).

runningrugbyrules

Larry Dwyer (12)
1 - Hayden Lavercombe (Kings)
2 - James Warner (Shore)
3 - Tom Duddy (Scots)
4 - Issac Fonua ( Kings)
5 - Ed Baxter (Shore)
6 - Luca Cleverly (Newington) C
7 - Marshall Le Maitre (Shore)
8 - Toby Brial (Scots) VC
9 - Angus Grover (Riverview)
10 - Toby Rodwell (Newington)
11- Heamasi Makasini (Newington)
12 - Matthew Gough (Joeys)
13 - Tom Hartman (Riverview)
14 - Jay Macenzie (scots)
15 - Leo Jaques (Scots)
Joeys beat Newington and belt Scots

players in your 1st XV
Scots - 4
New - 3
Joeys - 1

I sincerely hope your taking the piss mate

If GPS pick a team based on reputations and the past evaluation of Waratahs selectors , ISA could belt them

An ISA team with a bulk from Auggies & Oakhill players with the two Bulldogs players from St.Pats won’t be easy

Last edited:

the one who knocks

Stan Wickham (3)
This is the form side in the comp in my eyes at least.

1. Lavercombe (K)
2. Warner (E)
3. Taggart (J)
4. Baxter (E)
5. Fonua (K)
6. Logan (J)
7. Le Maitre (E)
8. Brial (S)
9. Grover (I)
10. Bassingthwaighte (E)
11. Makasini (N)
12. Conick (E)
13. Hartman (I)
14. McKenzie (S)
15. Palmisani (J)
Knock Knock,

What about the likes of No.3 from Kings and No.10 from joeys.

InsiderScoop

Ward Prentice (10)
My review of Year 10 student (Class of 2026) Players that have been playing in the 1st XV this season

Kings- 2026 is definitely going to be there year.
Talen Risati- Has fit right in to the fullback position and has been one of kings best players this season. He is great on his feet and is an outstanding kicker. I was at the Scots vs Kings game in round 1 and it was heart breaking to see him miss the kick to win it. It must be hard being a 16 year old and having 2000 people watching you kick a goal from the sideline with a whole school screaming at you. He will get used to the pressure and will be one of the top prospects in the next few years.

Hasani Bloomfield - Been an outstanding addition to this Kings side and is a great prop. From my view he is a dominant scrummager and a very good ball carrier.

Toby Davies- Looks to be a great 7 and is very good over the ball. Did well against Scots tackling the big fellas. What worries me is his size and ability to do what a traditional #7 would do and believe kings is lacking that. With a Cleverly or Le maitre or even Dempsey Kings could be a top side.

Scots -
They seem to only have Ashton Large who has had a chance in the opens. Would love to see him come into the backline if scot’s continue to struggle and it is going to be good see him and his brother be in the same team next year!

Riverview
Isaac Perkins
- Watched him through the trial period and it seemed like he struggled to get involved. Haven’t seen him during GPS season yet so unsure of his whereabouts. Would like to hear if he’s injured or if he got dropped.

Shore -
Nick Wendt - Heard rumours that he was playing on the wing for the 1sts this year but haven’t seen him yet. Saw someone on the forum write a few weeks ago that he has a wrist injury. If anyone knows anything on his expected return I would love to know!

Newington
iliyaz Viliamu and Isiah Sheck -
Both outstanding props and this age group seems to have a strength in props with these 2 and Hasani. It’s not often we see 16 year old props in the opens let alone 3. Isiah has been coming of the bench for the past few weeks and has been making an impact. Saw on Streamer that Iliyaz hurt himself in a scrum vs Kings so unsure of his expected return but he was looking promising.
Isaac Perkins was close to the best forward for View each trial game. Got a concussion against Waverley.