• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Attached is the (sad) status of Results reported to date, and the Tables for just the 1sts and 2nds, whose results are available on Streamer and the AAGPS website.

If you wish to see the results and tables we need your help. Just post them up here when you can. The stats team follow the thread closely.

reporting.
D878A584-E6A8-41FF-88E8-D73B15E1940A.jpeg
67D575CF-2505-46AF-A042-954F36A18FEF.jpeg

Jockey181

Banned
Attached is the (sad) status of Results reported to date, and the Tables for just the 1sts and 2nds, whose results are available on Streamer and the AAGPS website.

If you wish to see the results and tables we need your help. Just post them up here when you can. The stats team follow the thread closely.

reporting.View attachment 19046View attachment 19047
Any chance we can add the 4s comp to this, would be a great addition

From my connections at Shore, I hear it was Shores blindside flanker "Hoggy" that not only starting swinging at blokes but then started swearing at the Ref. He was lucky to be available to play the next week.
Hey @PROPaganda , do your connections happen to know anything about what occurred in the 6th Shore vs Kings game. I wasn't at the game, but I heard there was large brawl, or maybe it was just a push and shove in the game but would love to know what happened.

Last edited:

runningrugbyrules

Ted Fahey (11)

reporting.View attachment 19046View attachment 19047
Didn’t know Scots 2nds won, that’s a massive win at Hunters Hill for that Scots team

How many 16A’s are in the Joeys 2nds this year ? I think 5-6 played opens last year

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Was a massive win for the 2nds but major lowlight was the Scots boys booing the Joeys nine as he lined up to take a penalty goal after the full-time whistle. Expect more.
It was loud and clear on the streaming. Mics though were hung over the Scots supporters end. Southern side. They picked it up clearly. I did think it might have been old boys though. In my years at Scots I never recall a time when the students did. Old boys on the hill used to including revving up a motorcycle on occasions. (2018)

The Cleaner

Sydney Middleton (9)
Was not aware the Kings 3 Hasani was year 10. Maybe the Y12/11’s need to give him the ball more he was dominating Shore but saw less than expected of that bullocking running. The 15 was sharp too! For Shore seems Nick Wendy has injured himself again sadly as went off early in 2’s if was in the right jersey of match day program.
I would like to add TKS #1 Lavercombe & #8 Fonua both Y11 are just as powerful and very dominating too with ball in hand.

Goosestep

Bob Loudon (25)
I think most people have noticed the seeming lack of direction Newington Rugby has when on the field. They just go out and play which doesn't cut it in the senior ages. Even more so in a double round competition.

Besides a very successful 2010-2015 period for the 1st XV Newington are a middle of the pack side and I don't mean that disrespectfully. Before that period it's a 2nds premiership in 1993 and a 1st XV premiership in 1979. We probably judge them to an unachievable standard.

Newington has resources so a new DoR might push it further than current. The introduction of girls won't impact Rugby negatively IMO. Hopefully it increases if they have a Girls XV and 7s program. The concern is depth which may be caused by big demographic shifts. They aren't alone in this as it seems Kings have this popping up looking at lower grade age results. I do think the boarding community at Kings holds up the depth though.
Let’s be honest the only school with true depth is joeys … and you can’t blame it on boarding cause other schools have that too … it comes down to culture and good coaching .

FastNFurious

Jimmy Flynn (14)
It was loud and clear on the streaming. Mics though were hung over the Scots supporters end. Southern side. They picked it up clearly. I did think it might have been old boys though. In my years at Scots I never recall a time when the students did. Old boys on the hill used to including revving up a motorcycle on occasions. (2018)
It was students Joker, the students were also responsible for the profanities screamed at players on the field throughout 1’s and 2’s.

wiltwalker

Stan Wickham (3)
I feel very sorry for lots of the Scots 2s players and in fact lots of the 2nd XV players from other schools. many of the boys have been stripped of the experience of playing 1st XV due to the school jetting boys in on "music scholarships" because the GPS doesn't allow sporting scholarships. the GPS need to somehow police the sporting scholarships all the schools are doing aside from Riverview. I also think it would be bittersweet for the school when they win a premiership knowing they have bought players and gone against the GPS rules.

keen to see what everyone else thinks of the scholarship crisis in the GPS.

RNC
Couldn't agree more RNC,

I know last year Riverview's successful side (going 7 from 10) had the motto 'built not bought'.
I really think it takes away from the authenticity and fairness of the game.
Maybe it's time the other GPS schools took a leaf out of the Jesuit's book.

Wilty

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
I feel very sorry for lots of the Scots 2s players and in fact lots of the 2nd XV players from other schools. many of the boys have been stripped of the experience of playing 1st XV due to the school jetting boys in on "music scholarships" because the GPS doesn't allow sporting scholarships. the GPS need to somehow police the sporting scholarships all the schools are doing aside from Riverview. I also think it would be bittersweet for the school when they win a premiership knowing they have bought players and gone against the GPS rules.

keen to see what everyone else thinks of the scholarship crisis in the GPS.

RNC
No
Please delete post
It is clear that we do not discuss this topic here.

Goosestep

Bob Loudon (25)
It's a little of both - the new TSC #12 didn't play like a Union back, Joey's back row outplayed TSC (bar Brial), TSC backs need to learn to stay out in defence and trust their Centre to tackle and not step-in; literally a school boy error that so many take with them into Colts Rugby.
I don’t know what a “union back” means .. but if there was one position that translates to league the most it would be centre.