• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Max Jorgasm

Bob McCowan (2)
Heard that the Ben Bousie bloke had a bit of a shocker last weekend, do view have much depth in their outside backs?

Cheers,
John
Great question John.
*Glaze - I can confirm Ben is still over the moon from his try 2 weeks ago, he is a great player but View has good depth in the outside backs, with "the hit man" Rupert Fulton and "Mad dog" Max Mason returning soon, back line competition will be high.

- Max Jorgasm

Steve_Grey

Larry Dwyer (12)
The issue isn't with league it's the coaching of the Scots 1stXV. The coaches are picking kids in positions they have never played before. Apologies someone needs to say it! The Elephant in the room. If the coaches dont pick kids in positions they have played for in years, it's a struggle as witnessed Saturday against an excellent very well coached Joeys team. Scots were out coached, simple as that... Congrat to all at Joeys they deserved it. Scots won only 4 games out of 30 on Saturday seems like they need shake up, maybe Brian Smith wasn't the issue!!!!
It's a little of both - the new TSC #12 didn't play like a Union back, Joey's back row outplayed TSC (bar Brial), TSC backs need to learn to stay out in defence and trust their Centre to tackle and not step-in; literally a school boy error that so many take with them into Colts Rugby.

Joey's played high tempo, and kept hold of the ball - I lost count the number of time TSC kicked or grubered the ball away. Joey's #10 controlled the game, and kept the ball in hand with excellent running lines - the 2nd half try by Joey's #11 a great example.

TSC coaching is predictable and hasn't really changed since B Smith days - a kicking #10 and play territory - try and use the League boys to bash holes, rinse and repeat, and if that doesn't work kick again.

The player positions are also key - TSC #15 is a #14 (as long as he stays out in defence), the TSC #14 is a #12, TSC #13 is in his correct position, TSC #12 needs time to learn his trade in 2nds, and promote a 2nds player to #15. Not sure what depth TSC have at #10, but maybe a change there also.

Last edited:

NotAlwaysCorrectAdam

Allen Oxlade (6)
I know this is a piss take but just letting you know that the Shore 4ths lost every GPS game last season, only winning trial games and when they played TAS 1sts (Shore 3rds and 4ths swapped almost entirely that weekend as the 3rds were predominantly year 12 while the 4ths predominantly year 11, with the year 12's of the 3rds and some year 11's from the 3rds going to the 4ths so they can play their final home game at Northbridge instead of playing away at Armidale - essentially, Shore 4ths beat Armidale 1sts last year, hence why people were commenting on the closer score than expected of 15-17).

Although, Shore 4ths have only lost 1 game this season; against Oakhill 3rds (I believe Shore teams were plagued by the flu that week). A better season than last year already for Shore 4ths. Depth in the program is certainly much better this year than last year, the only two opens teams that lost were Shore 7ths (social year 11 team) and the 2nds.
King's 7ths and 2nds are making their school proud.

wiltwalker

Stan Wickham (3)
Great question John.
*Glaze - I can confirm Ben is still over the moon from his try 2 weeks ago, he is a great player but View has good depth in the outside backs, with "the hit man" Rupert Fulton and "Mad dog" Max Mason returning soon, back line competition will be high.

- Max Jorgasm
Hey Mate,

If you're going to act like a schoolboy I'd prefer it if you left that sort of chat on the playground. #schoolboyalert

Wilty

FastNFurious

Jimmy Flynn (14)
It's a little of both - the new TSC #12 didn't play like a Union back, Joey's back row outplayed TSC (bar Brial), TSC backs need to learn to stay out in defence and trust their Centre to tackle and not step-in; literally a school boy error that so many take with them into Colts Rugby.

Joey's played high tempo, and kept hold of the ball - I lost count the number of time TSC kicked or grubered the ball away. Joey's #10 controlled the game, and kept the ball in hand with excellent running lines - the 2nd half try by Joey's #11 a great example.

TSC coaching is predictable and hasn't really changed since B Smith days - a kicking #10 and play territory - try and use the League boys to bash holes, rinse and repeat, and if that doesn't work kick again.

The player positions are also key - TSC #15 is a #14 (as long as he stays out in defence), the TSC #14 is a #12, TSC #13 is in his correct position, TSC #12 needs time to learn his trade in 2nds, and promote a 2nds player to #15. Not sure what depth TSC have at #10, but maybe a change there also.
The 12 has played plenty of rugby at 12. He was selected for Sydney U15 in that position a few years ago but withdrew due to concussion.

The Cleaner

Sydney Middleton (9)
Was not aware the Kings 3 Hasani was year 10. Maybe the Y12/11’s need to give him the ball more he was dominating Shore but saw less than expected of that bullocking running. The 15 was sharp too! For Shore seems Nick Wendy has injured himself again sadly as went off early in 2’s if was in the right jersey of match day program.
I would like to see 2 x TKS boys from their 2nd XV have a run in the 1st particularly the #10 Taylor and #8 Perret as flanker. Kings #9 last week service was outstanding in my opinion and he came up form their 2nd XV I believe. Anyway, their coach would know better.

Doing my HSC

Peter Burge (5)
Congrats to will adlam for being appointed captain of scots 2nd XV after Max Patterson has moved up to the 1s

A new pair of locks for Scots 1st XV as Finaly B is out with a concussion and Charlie barber has been moved down

Will be a good game against View this weekend

Rookie21

Larry Dwyer (12)
I still need reexplaining this apparent “rise” of Shore Rugby having won 2 out of 10 games last year (and a draw against Joeys missing 5-6 players injured, then round two upon their return were belted 38-17). This year they have won one game against a weak rebuilding Kings team by one try.

If Shore go on to win a 5-6 more games this year good on them, and I’ll be the first to congratulate them and the program. But all of this self described dribble of Rise of Shore is text book unproven Delusions of Grandeur at its finest.

Myself I doubt they’ll be competitive particularly in a 10 game comp when depth is king and Shore are lacking with a weak 2nd XV. Who besides three easy victories against Newington who have won one game in 4 years now. Shores only comp victory the past two years was one against Scots.

Happy to be proven wrong with results on the field but I can’t see them in the top half’s of the table this year, 4th at best.

As for Newington’s program having half of the team play NRL Harold Matt’s/SG Ball surely can’t help team off season training, preparation and even bonding for a GPS season in particularly for defensive lines and backs positioning. As people have stated both New and Scots have looked like individuals trying to win a game rather than a cohesive unit with a plan like joeys on Saturday. Both Scots & New will probably get stronger by round 2.
I'll concede I am a Shore supporter, but how are you questioning Shore's rise to being competitive again after they went from getting at least 50 put on them every game to actually WINNING games? I don't remember anyone having Shore as possible contenders for the title during the dark years of the 2010s.

With your statement in regard to the state of Kings at the moment, the competition is unpredictable. An example is Scots vs Kings. We all predicted Scots to win the competition this year, and for Kings to do poorly. The game ended in a draw. Do not write teams off until it is mathematically impossible to win the competition.

However, you are right in the fact that Shore do need to deliver on the hype. Which they can certainly do.