• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Scrum Sandwich

Stan Wickham (3)
oby Targett (J)

1 - Hayden Lavercombe (Kings)
2 - James Warner (Shore)
3 - Tom Duddy (Scots)
4 - Issac Fonua ( Kings)
5 - Ed Baxter (Shore)
6 - Luca Cleverly (Newington) C
7 - Marshall Le Maitre (Shore)
8 - Toby Brial (Scots) VC
9 - Angus Grover (Riverview)
10 - Toby Rodwell (Newington)
11- Heamasi Makasini (Newington)
12 - Matthew Gough (Joeys)
13 - Tom Hartman (Riverview)
14 - Jay Macenzie (scots)
15 - Leo Jaques (Scots)
Not bad. Just a few changes I believe could turn this team from solid to a real threat:

1. Daniel Osbourne #3 Riverview has been immense in the opening 2 rounds. Has some real 'go-forward' with ball in hand and strong defence. Also isn't Duddy in the 2nds?!
2. As previously stated by other members of the forum - With Cleverly currently out and other back-rowers such as Logan #7 Joeys making a statement I would not be at all surprised to see him fit somewhere in that back row. However in saying that Brial and LeMaitre have all but booked their spots. Some very good depth in this department.
3. As for the second-row(locks), both Greer #5 Joeys and Graham #4 Riverview have been captaining undefeated sides so far and play a crucial role in their teams success so don't be surprised if either of them get the nod.
4. It's hard to look past the Joeys centre pairing(#12 Gough and #13 Tombs) as the likely choice given their recent form.

Just my thoughts. Feel free to discuss.

FastNFurious

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Not bad. Just a few changes I believe could turn this team from solid to a real threat:

1. Daniel Osbourne #3 Riverview has been immense in the opening 2 rounds. Has some real 'go-forward' with ball in hand and strong defence. Also isn't Duddy in the 2nds?!
2. As previously stated by other members of the forum - With Cleverly currently out and other back-rowers such as Logan #7 Joeys making a statement I would not be at all surprised to see him fit somewhere in that back row. However in saying that Brial and LeMaitre have all but booked their spots. Some very good depth in this department.
3. As for the second-row(locks), both Greer #5 Joeys and Graham #4 Riverview have been captaining undefeated sides so far and play a crucial role in their teams success so don't be surprised if either of them get the nod.
4. It's hard to look past the Joeys centre pairing(#12 Gough and #13 Tombs) as the likely choice given their recent form.

Just my thoughts. Feel free to discuss.
Umm, interesting.

Rudderless

Bill McLean (32)
I saw someone succinctly explain the rise of Shore rugby in recent years. Conversely can someone please explain Newington’s ‘decline’? They are currently advertising for a Director of Rugby too. No specific mention however of coaching both boys and girls.
AFL at Newington is not helping with the decline in their Rugby numbers.
This season they have 1st 2nd and 3rd XVIII’s plus Intermediate A and B AFL teams.

Last edited:

The Cleaner

Ward Prentice (10)
From all this league Talk… Casey McLean (ON2023) and Blake Steep from Scots last year are on the extended benches for Penrith and the Roosters this weekend.

From all this league Talk ...CIS 2024 U18 side. I am almost certain Large, Lemoto and Makasini have committed to League. They can play the school 1st XV games but cannot be considered at representative level . Does it make sense to invest in training these boys to play Rugby Union positions (let alone occupy positions) knowing that they will not play the code? They are talented boys but they want to play League not union. Anyway my own opinion.
1716895559025.png

Last edited:

Aagpsglory

Herbert Moran (7)
1 - Hayden Lavercombe (Kings)
2 - James Warner (Shore)
3 - Tom Duddy (Scots)
4 - Issac Fonua ( Kings)
5 - Ed Baxter (Shore)
6 - Luca Cleverly (Newington) C
7 - Marshall Le Maitre (Shore)
8 - Toby Brial (Scots) VC
9 - Angus Grover (Riverview)
10 - Toby Rodwell (Newington)
11- Heamasi Makasini (Newington)
12 - Matthew Gough (Joeys)
13 - Tom Hartman (Riverview)
14 - Jay Macenzie (scots)
15 - Leo Jaques (Scots)
I think I would definitely include Phoenix Graham (second row over Ed Baxter) - 1XV at Riverview for two year, Captaining this year, Strong ball carrier and relentless defence.
Possible Johannes Logan from Joeys,
Joeys number 6 has been playing great rugby (not sure of his name),
I think Shore number 15 has been playing very well, with a great step
View number 5 is a good ball carrier and defensive animal so he's up there,
I could see most GPS teams back rows (par maybe Kings) making GPS 1s, so this will be a very tough selection process.
Duddy hasn't even been in the 1XV for scots this year so I cant see him making 1s GPS, possible one of the many young props this season could fill that space?
Some of these picks are very lazy and just based on last years results, a lot of these players have not been at their best this season. Specifically with Scots although they may be the best players in their position, if they arent playing well as a team are we truly able to reward them with such a High spot in GPS 1s?
Just some food for thought, obviously a very tight selection process this year.

Cheers

AG

The Chairman

Cyril Towers (30)
I think I would definitely include Phoenix Graham (second row over Ed Baxter) - 1XV at Riverview for two year, Captaining this year, Strong ball carrier and relentless defence.
Possible Johannes Logan from Joeys,
Joeys number 6 has been playing great rugby (not sure of his name),
I think Shore number 15 has been playing very well, with a great step
View number 5 is a good ball carrier and defensive animal so he's up there,
I could see most GPS teams back rows (par maybe Kings) making GPS 1s, so this will be a very tough selection process.
Duddy hasn't even been in the 1XV for scots this year so I cant see him making 1s GPS, possible one of the many young props this season could fill that space?
Some of these picks are very lazy and just based on last years results, a lot of these players have not been at their best this season. Specifically with Scots although they may be the best players in their position, if they arent playing well as a team are we truly able to reward them with such a High spot in GPS 1s?
Just some food for thought, obviously a very tight selection process this year.

Cheers

AG
Arnautovic is St Josephs 6.

Rookie21

Larry Dwyer (12)
I agree that GPS members should not change. I wasn't trying to make a point about that or anything, just noticed that slip-up on the fixtures and because things like that seem to be quite irregular (especially listing non-GPS schools on the fixtures) it was deserving to be mentioned here, hence why I did so.
Sorry yes I know. I was just saying what I thought about members of the GPS changing. Sorry if I it seemed I was trying argue against what you said hahaha

FastNFurious

Jimmy Flynn (14)
From all this league Talk ...CIS 2024 U18 side. I am almost certain Large, Lemoto and Makasini have committed to League. They can play the school 1st XV games but cannot be considered at representative level . Does it make sense to invest in training these boys to play Rugby Union positions (let alone occupy positions) knowing that they will not play the code? They are talented boys but they want to play League not union. Anyway my own opinion.
View attachment 19060
Strong view, anyone signed to a rugby league club should not be allowed to play rugby union in any competition. Simple.

footyhead1

Frank Row (1)
Form 2024 GPS 1s:
1. Felix Harvison (E)
2. James Warner (E)
3. Hayden Lavercombe (K)
4. Toby Brial (S)
5. Arthur Greer (J)
6. Luca Cleverley (N)
7. Marshall Le Maitre (E)
8. Justice Taumoepeau (J)
9. Gus Grover (I)
10. Rex Bassingthwaite (E)
11. Tom Hartman (I)
12. Matt Gough (J)
13. Ethan Tombs (J)
14. Jay Mackenzie (S)
15. Leo Jaques (S)

RushingRob

Ward Prentice (10)
Just to clarify the Joeys vs Scots results....... There were 25 games, and Scots won 4. Of these:
There were 15 like-for-like games (ie AvA, BvB etc): Joeys won 14, and Scots 1 (2nds).
There were 10 games where Joeys played vs a higher grade: Joeys won 10, Scots 3 (Joeys 4ths v Scots 3rds, 12ths v 9ths, 13E v 13D).
Thank you @CasualObserver

Up and In

Herbert Moran (7)
Newington 4th XV plays Shore 5th XV this weekend.
Newington are playing down this weekend against Shore in all 13s-16s from Bs - eg., NC B's v Shore C's, etc. Opens playing down from 3rds (NC 3rds v Shore 4ths, etc.) NC sport/rugby officials Dickens and Fear allegedly asked for a 14A bye. Rugby programme is shot, but this has been coming for some time. DoR on his way up north-west and co-ed on its way in. No light at the end of the tunnel... NC Football teams have 6 more games against Shore than Rugby.

Last edited:

FastNFurious

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Form 2024 GPS 1s:
1. Felix Harvison (E)
2. James Warner (E)
3. Hayden Lavercombe (K)
4. Toby Brial (S)
5. Arthur Greer (J)
6. Luca Cleverley (N)
7. Marshall Le Maitre (E)
8. Justice Taumoepeau (J)
9. Gus Grover (I)
10. Rex Bassingthwaite (E)
11. Tom Hartman (I)
12. Matt Gough (J)
13. Ethan Tombs (J)
14. Jay Mackenzie (S)
15. Leo Jaques (S)
Not enough Shore players, they’ve been soooooo dominant.