• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Melbourne Rebels 2024

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
I know especially in this era of equal opportunity. Blatant sexism

I don’t think it’s sexism but might be RA saving grace… don’t want to pay the wages of professional footballers but happy to pay the wages of professional woman footballers (because they get paid in peanuts)

I was more asking the question - wondering if the rebels had to absorb the expenses of a woman’s rugby team at the same time RA was cutting funds across the board to all the franchises

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
I don’t think it’s sexism but might be RA saving grace… don’t want to pay the wages of professional footballers but happy to pay the wages of professional woman footballers (because they get paid in peanuts)

I was more asking the question - wondering if the rebels had to absorb the expenses of a woman’s rugby team at the same time RA was cutting funds across the board to all the franchises
Equal opportunities run both ways but. It was a piss take labelling it sexist.

Scooter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
A sad, yet what, seemed inevitable day. Hopefully, the Rebels can go out with a bang and win the title. (Or more likely go out with a whimper and lose the next two matches.)

I should be getting used to this feeling. That is three teams now I have been a member of that have folded in the last 12 months. The other two - Collingwood Super Netball and Melbourne Boomers WNBL.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Equal opportunities run both ways but. It was a piss take labelling it sexist.

the men’s game would be receiving sweet FA if any of govt assistance

but If I recall correctly
- I remember Albo posing with our female rugby players at a press conference saying they deserve a proper wage.

I wonder if the rebels/SuperW existence might be tied to that funding package in some way

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
A sad, yet what, seemed inevitable day. Hopefully, the Rebels can go out with a bang and win the title. (Or more likely go out with a whimper and lose the next two matches.)

I should be getting used to this feeling. That is three teams now I have been a member of that have folded in the last 12 months. The other two - Collingwood Super Netball and Melbourne Boomers WNBL.
Jeez, might be time to take up gardening, sorry Scooter.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)

Never knew anyone supported Collingwood in the netball, were you always a Pies fan in the AFL or just a fan of the Netball side?

Proud Pig

Charlie Fox (21)

Can you start supporting the Tahs please? At least some good could come out of things.

Scooter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Never knew anyone supported Collingwood in the netball, were you always a Pies fan in the AFL or just a fan of the Netball side?
Always been a Collingwood AFL fan and been a member for a decade or more. Have been and still am a member of Melbourne Vixens since before Super Netball comp started (in the old ANZ championships). Jumped on board Collingwood netball in addition to Vixens and Collingwood AFL.

Goosestep

Bob Loudon (25)
Geez, Phil is sweating - body language sasy Dan's running the ship - https://www.theroar.com.au/rugby-un...o-media-after-melbourne-rebels-axing-1355348/
IMG_5753.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5753.jpeg
    IMG_5753.jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 22