• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Melbourne Rebels 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
I hope this is a successful weight reduction for Blake. I have been writing about him in rugby forums since he was a 140 kg schoolboy and he has taken the weight off a few times and put it back on again.

He looks fit in that photo but I have seen photos of a fit looking Rodzilla before and read the words about it. Maybe this time it is for real and I hope for his sake, and the Rebels' sake and who knows, maybe the Wallabies sake, that this is a permanent weight loss.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
The Culture Rod Macqueen sounds like he's building, sounds like it would be the right support structure for what Rodzilla infers he needs in that article.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I watched some footage of Sunnybank playing in the Brisbane finals from 2007 not to long ago and Blake was in awesome form. I think he scored 5 tries in 3 games. He was playing well for the Reds early in the year before being told to have an ankle op. That seemed to be the end of it for him so I am glad he has another chance. I think he is a chance of making the World Cup squad as he can be so damaging with the ball in hand. If he can stay fit and hold up his side of the scrum anything could happen.

Cyril Towers (30)
I watched some footage of Sunnybank playing in the Brisbane finals from 2007 not to long ago and Blake was in awesome form. I think he scored 5 tries in 3 games. He was playing well for the Reds early in the year before being told to have an ankle op. That seemed to be the end of it for him so I am glad he has another chance. I think he is a chance of making the World Cup squad as he can be so damaging with the ball in hand. If he can stay fit and hold up his side of the scrum anything could happen.

That is a very big if.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Wow, the CEO comes across as a 5 year old, crying because another kid said mean things about him. A much smaller, poorer kid. Shit, I reckon a few of us could be in the firing line if his litigious tendencies migrate to our code. The case of Gnostic vs. R. Deans could be first on the agenda!!

T

TOCC

I really dont like encouraging NRL discussion in rugby union forums, but there is more then what meets the eye in that little legal battle... The Storm CEO is mostly a puppet in this whole issue, considering News Corp own the team..

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Yeah TOCC I think the article only scratches the surface on that issue, suggest both sides have quite interesting stories to tell.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I'm not sure how different it is to most seasons but it would seem that most Aussie Super sides are running their trails as the likely starters and an A side whereas the Rebels are playing just a mixed-up squad for two halves.

Very interesting.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
they called it a rugby match in the video...that pisses me off

The AFL followers in the southern states often refer to league as rugby, they're not entirely sure of the difference. As far as they're concerned rugby union and rugby league are both "rugby". To be fair to them Australia's the only place in the world where league's more popular than union, they see league plastered all over the media while not seeing much of union in their press.

WorkingClassRugger

Michael Lynagh (62)
Any Rebels fans attend the second trial match. A good scoreline with a great turnout by the locals, around 3,800, which is encouraging considering the Rugby playing and supporting community appear to be centred in and around Melbourne. Hopefully they enjoyed what they saw.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Wow, the CEO comes across as a 5 year old, crying because another kid said mean things about him. A much smaller, poorer kid. Shit, I reckon a few of us could be in the firing line if his litigious tendencies migrate to our code. The case of Gnostic vs. R. Deans could be first on the agenda!!

I'd like to see that one!

A neutral observer could even say that I was supportive of Deans and my critique is simply that professional critique. No personal attacks or allegations of impropriety etc etc. Pretty hard to make a case for defamation on that. In any event Deans has himself said on numerous occasions that criticism is part of the territory and what you expect when taking up coaching.

I would think it more likely that action would be taken by some others as I seem to have been the cause of some angst here and there for some. Oh the burden of being misunderstood. :)

Scott-in-Wimbledon

Frank Row (1)
How did Cipriani go? The poms here in Wimbledon (he is a local here) recon he has made a mistake going to Melbourne. I recon it could be the making of him. He had no chance of making the RWC England side under Johnson. Why not go South for a couple of seasons. I for one hope he goes well and fires for the Rebels.

T

TOCC

im not about to discredit the level of intensity that the English clubs play at, but the reality of the situation is, in terms of 'ball player' development for a 5/8, you cant go past player a year or two in the Super Rugby tournament. Similarly a year of two in the English club scene will harden up most forwards, a year or two in super rugby will allow backs to experiment and take there skills to another level.

As long as Cipriani doesnt go feral whilst he is down here, i think he will be much better off for the experience, in 18months English clubs will be falling over themselves to sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.