• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Melbourne Rebels 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Red Rooster

tickets to the actual games wont come on sale until next year

Why the delay? - The other provinces are already selling - You need cash flow and when you are not playing games the only cash coming in is from memberships and tickets

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Why the delay? - The other provinces are already selling - You need cash flow and when you are not playing games the only cash coming in is from memberships and tickets

You sure they aren't just selling memberships? I haven't seen tickets on sale for Brumbies or Tahs

And tickets/membership is definitely not the only stream of income

T

TOCC

You are talking about memberships, these are already on sale for the Rebels, tickets to individual games will only go on sale in the weeks prior to the game

stoff

Phil Hardcastle (33)
anyone know if cipriani is here yet?

Rebel Army are reporting he is here on facebook. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=658741978#!/rebelarmy/posts/161917927165988 I have been mentally calling him princess Danny due to his late arrival. Hope he soon does the right stuff to make me drop that, like train his arse off. If Gareth Delve could get over here in time and work out the visa, then Danny should have been able to (have good reports on Delve's character from an inlaw who played in junior rep teams with him in Wales - ripping bloke apparently). I guess he can't drum up any tabloid stuff here which should help. Maybe he should hook up with a Neighbours starlet to help boost team profile.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Rodzilla - trying to a gauge on his weight, but I feel dark blue is slimming.

http://sphotos.AK (Andrew Kellaway).fbcdn.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-snc4/hs775.snc4/67530_157548974285669_123392057701361_295733_5040439_n.jpg

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Rebel Army are reporting he is here on facebook. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=658741978#!/rebelarmy/posts/161917927165988 I have been mentally calling him princess Danny due to his late arrival. Hope he soon does the right stuff to make me drop that, like train his arse off. If Gareth Delve could get over here in time and work out the visa, then Danny should have been able to (have good reports on Delve's character from an inlaw who played in junior rep teams with him in Wales - ripping bloke apparently). I guess he can't drum up any tabloid stuff here which should help. Maybe he should hook up with a Neighbours starlet to help boost team profile.

Working visa can be worked out well well in advance. Rumor on the grape vine is the Rebels set-up were pretty p-o-ed about the whole thing.

How is Hux at 10 out of curiosity?

W

WB3

Are we due an updated Team/22 guess from any of the Rebel experts yet?

I'm a Tahs supporter but I really am excited to see how this team pans out. Totally hoping they do well.

Excuse my ignorance/laziness (haven't checked), also, but are any of the tourists Rebel signings?

R

Red Rooster

Working visa can be worked out well well in advance. Rumor on the grape vine is the Rebels set-up were pretty p-o-ed about the whole thing.

How is Hux at 10 out of curiosity?

That might explain why he has been there for 10 days and the Rebels have not promoted the fact. I suspect that there is already some jousting about the publicity machine that surrounds cipriani and being a good squad member (Ethos orientated). He might take his medicine now but whether he can for 2 years will be interesting - My tip is that there are some big egos in the joint and not much media so there will be much time spent jockeying for this space

Epi

Dave Cowper (27)
I hear whispers that there is an issue with a lot of players in the squad carrying injuries that were not known when the players were signed on....

Love to hear more on this if anyone has details...

R

Red Rooster

I hear whispers that there is an issue with a lot of players in the squad carrying injuries that were not known when the players were signed on....

Love to hear more on this if anyone has details...

Everyone else knew they were injured - goes to poor recruitment and all round management skills (I know some of you find that hard to accept of macqueen)if true. Mortlock, Freier, Cordingly were all under big clouds not sure about the rest

T

tranquility

Regardless of what anyone out of the Rebels camps says, the franchise had to take what they could get as far as players were concerned. Crocked or not ex wallabies such as Mortlock, Frier, and Cordingly will add so much substance to the club in terms of off-field standards and mentoring that any start up franchise desperately needs as they fight for credibility. Even if Mortlock never laces the boots again (which is of course being very pessimistic) his value in Melbourne will be immeasurable. I'm looking forward to watching the lads run out and hopefully sticking it to the Tahs in round 1.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I have a gut feeling Morty is in for a cracker of a season. The body is a worry of course but I think he will be refreshed with a new challange.

stoff

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Are we due an updated Team/22 guess from any of the Rebel experts yet?

I'm a Tahs supporter but I really am excited to see how this team pans out. Totally hoping they do well.

Excuse my ignorance/laziness (haven't checked), also, but are any of the tourists Rebel signings?

Only Rebs tourist is Phipps.

I'm going to throw one up to at least start a bit of debate about this. I'll admit I don't know alot of the team, or what many of those I do know have been up to lately, so basically I have just taken a relatively uninformed stab in the dark:

1 Weeks
2 Freier
3 Somerville
4 Byrnes
5 Campbell
6 Saffy
7 Lipman
8 Delve
9 Phipps
10 Cipriani
11 Gerard
12 Rooney
13 Mortlock
14 Betham
15 Huxley

16 Henderson
17 Robinson
18 O'Neill
19 Davidson
20 Hilgendorf
21 Mitchell
22 Kingi

I also have made no allowance for injury. What are peoples thoughts?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
My pack is your's except for swapping the numbers on the props. Although at lock I'd consider starting someone like Kevin O'Neill instead of Al Campbell.

My backline is a little different:

15 Gerrard
14 Betham
13 Taumoepeau
12 Mortlock
11 Vanu
10 Cipriani
9 Phipps

16 Ged Robinson
17 Nick Henderson
18 Hoani MacDonald
19 Tim Davidson
20 Richard Kingi
21 Julian Huxley
22 Luke Rooney

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Help me out here please RR as I know you have you finger on the pulse and I've lost track.

Who are the others in the squad?

Maybe take stoff's 22 and list the others below it - or start with your own 22.

Thanks.

PS - There won't be too many things more interesting for we Oz rugby trainspotters after the EOYT than the Rebels Rd.1 team - especially the starting XV.

Status
Not open for further replies.