• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Lions Tour 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Noticed today in the Brisbane Queen St Mall Sports stores that the Lions jerseys are $119, while their adidas training ones are $80.

Adidas must've worked out they can only charge that much or people would buy them in the UK or have mates bring one over on the plane.

Did make me wonder if many more Wallabies jerseys would be sold if they were priced that low instead of $160.
I have not bought a Wallabies jersey in a long time, not willing to pay $160+. Got most of my Rebels gear on the Kooga website sales and my Irish gear I get my cousin to get for me. I will buy a Lions Jersey here only because I have a gift voucher to use.

Craig Riddington

Sydney Middleton (9)
Noticed today in the Brisbane Queen St Mall Sports stores that the Lions jerseys are $119, while their adidas training ones are $80.

Adidas must've worked out they can only charge that much or people would buy them in the UK or have mates bring one over on the plane.

Did make me wonder if many more Wallabies jerseys would be sold if they were priced that low instead of $160.

Sorry to say, but that is still expensive for a Lions jersey. If you shopped around in Britain and Ireland you would get the "Authentic" for around $100, the replica at $65 and the training jersey for $70. If you were going to buy a shirt and you didn't get it before you came, you would have to be some sort of muppet. The Aussie dollar is the strongest it's been against the pound in 28 years. The last time the Lions toured, one pound gave you three dollars and I believe that some Lions supporters waved money at the Wallaby fans in jest. Well, the shoe is on the other foot now and I can't imagine this crop of Lions supporters will be spending like the last. Some of them will have a rude shock at the cost of everything over here. Nevertheless, given the price of a Wallaby jersey, I think it's safe to say the fans are getting a very raw deal.

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
I have not bought a Wallabies jersey in a long time, not willing to pay $160+. Got most of my Rebels gear on the Kooga website sales and my Irish gear I get my cousin to get for me. I will buy a Lions Jersey here only because I have a gift voucher to use.

Those Kooga website sales are good - picked up a Wallaby jersey (2011 RWC version) for $40 at Christmas

Craig Riddington

Sydney Middleton (9)
Rugbystore.co.uk is always a good place to check out KevinO - though it won't help much with the Aussie gear, particularly Kooga.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
use Lovell Rugby myself, you can get most jerseys for about $80 on there, with international delivery on top of that.

Jonny Sexton is injured again, out for a month apparently. The Lions need him back to full fitness as no 10 comes close to him when he's fit, can't see the Lions threatening the Wobs with Farrell, Flood or god forbid Priestland at 10.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Those Kooga website sales are good - picked up a Wallaby jersey (2011 RWC version) for $40 at Christmas

I did that too.

It replaced the one from around 2008 that had all the stupid white stuff on the shoulders.

Wallabies%20Framed%20Jersey%202008.jpg

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Played themselves out of a Lions plain ticket last night:

Ashton
Youngs
Farrel

Played into the jersey:
Warburton
Faletau
Wyn Jones
Phillips

Seriously suspect under pressure:
Farrel
Tuilagi - looks great when running from deep but what else can he do?
Robshaw - seemed liked a shoe-in - not so sure now. Still probably the Lions captain because if the Kiwi Gnome chooses a Welshman he won't live it down.

Best 6N test I have watched in years that. Cracker.

Craig Riddington

Sydney Middleton (9)
Played themselves out of a Lions plain ticket last night:

Ashton
Youngs
Farrel

Played into the jersey:
Warburton
Faletau
Wyn Jones
Phillips

Seriously suspect under pressure:
Farrel
Tuilagi - looks great when running from deep but what else can he do?
Robshaw - seemed liked a shoe-in - not so sure now. Still probably the Lions captain because if the Kiwi Gnome chooses a Welshman he won't live it down.

Best 6N test I have watched in years that. Cracker.
If ever Ashton was a consideration!

I also think Adam Jones is certain starter.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
If ever Ashton was a consideration!

I also think Adam Jones is certain starter.

Yes I know but he made damn sure of it last night. Muppet.

Oh and Jamie Roberts had question marks over his form and fitness. Not any more. Who will partner him? Probably Tuilagi. The Kiwi Gnome will back them to run over the Aussie centres.

Still tough to pick any certainties at this stage.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I'd take youngs over phillips at halfback any day of the week.

Phillips is not quick enough to the ruck and his decision making is often poor.

I'd have:

Youngs
Sexton
North
Roberts
Tuilagi
Bowe/Cuthbert/Maitland/Visser
Halfpenny

Maybe have BOD at 13 instead of Tuilagi, depending on form closer to the tests.

The backline certainly wont be lacking in speed and size.

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
I wouldn't write off Stuart Hogg at 15 - he's been immense on the counterattack for Scotland.
Phillips at 9 depends entirely on your intended gameplan, yesterday he was awesome and dominated the game. But on the fast tracks in Aus a swifter service may be needed.
You need both options anyway. Wales have it with Lloyd Williams who always speeds up delivery and tempo when he plays.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
far too early to pick a team, I mean Ugo Monye made the first test 4 years ago! But my guess at a squad after the 6 nations and presuming fitness is proved in the Heineken Cup:

Healy, Jenkins, Marler
Best Hibbard Youngs
Jones, Coles Ross
Ryan, AWJ, Parling, Gray, POC
SOB, Tipuric, St Sam, Robshaw, Wood
Falateu, Heaslip
Youngs, Laidlaw, Phillips
Sexton, Farrell
Roberts, Tuiligui, BOD, Davies
Zebo, North, Cuthbert, Maitland
Kearney, Halfpenny

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
use Lovell Rugby myself, you can get most jerseys for about $80 on there, with international delivery on top of that.

Jonny Sexton is injured again, out for a month apparently. The Lions need him back to full fitness as no 10 comes close to him when he's fit, can't see the Lions threatening the Wobs with Farrell, Flood or god forbid Priestland at 10.
Priestland is definitely not fit, I think Biggar has improved as the tournament has gone on.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Not one mention of Connor Murray who I rate as one of the only Irish players to have a good 6 Nations, he would have been my pick as the best Irish player of the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.