• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Lions Tour 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
Not one mention of Connor Murray who I rate as one of the only Irish players to have a good 6 Nations, he would have been my pick as the best Irish player of the tournament.

I think he's a certainty. Gatland loves Phillips and Murray is similar in the way he plays.
9's will be Phillips, Murray and Youngs.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Priestland is definitely not fit, I think Biggar has improved as the tournament has gone on.
Think so too. On Sunday morning I thought 'right, if you want the best Lions side pick the lot plus a couple on the bench'. Actually I still think that! but I beginning to come round to the Plastic point of view that these guys don't have anything to prove on this tour and 'specially for those playing in France it would be better if they had a break. For those coming to the end of their careers like Philips, Adam they wont be on the next tour. Philips will also ensure that there are some off field headlines. But for the rest, keen as they might be, if they are Cemented into the team, that's fine. I'll be pleased. I'll also complain like hell about the inevitable political compromise and if they pick to many orc. but deep down , I'm really not that bothered either. I love Wales, country, people and rugby team. Watched the highlights today and Mae hen wlad fy nhadau still sent shivers. But the British and Irish doesn't have the same meaning

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Part of how they work out the ranking is the gap between the opponents on the ranking table. How do you establish the relative table position of the Lions?

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Whilst we're on the subject, anyone know how much the gap closed between us and the Saes following Saturday's drubbing? tried to work it out but was doing my head in

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
god it's difficult being humble, but I quite liked the description of the game's impact in the Independent on Sunday as "an Eco friendly alternative to burning holiday homes"

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Think so too. On Sunday morning I thought 'right, if you want the best Lions side pick the lot plus a couple on the bench'. Actually I still think that! but I beginning to come round to the Plastic point of view that these guys don't have anything to prove on this tour and 'specially for those playing in France it would be better if they had a break. For those coming to the end of their careers like Philips, Adam they wont be on the next tour. Philips will also ensure that there are some off field headlines. But for the rest, keen as they might be, if they are Cemented into the team, that's fine. I'll be pleased. I'll also complain like hell about the inevitable political compromise and if they pick to many orc. but deep down , I'm really not that bothered either. I love Wales, country, people and rugby team. Watched the highlights today and Mae hen wlad fy nhadau still sent shivers. But the British and Irish doesn't have the same meaning
Worried that you are going to wind up fecked like we did after 09. I knew you would see sense eventually Cardiffblue!?!

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Murray shouldn't go, his pass isnt good enough and he can not sustain a high tempo. He slows the ball down far too much.

Dean Hyde

Allen Oxlade (6)
Just took the leap and forked out for tickets off eBay for the Sydney test. Couldn't wait another 12 years. Paid $800 for 2 silver tickets, so over double the original price. Just hope the series isn't over by Sydney.

Status
Not open for further replies.