• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Lions Tour 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Just took the leap and forked out for tickets off eBay for the Sydney test. Couldn't wait another 12 years. Paid $800 for 2 silver tickets, so over double the original price. Just hope the series isn't over by Sydney.

After the game make sure you send the seat numbers to the ARU. Then they'll hopefully stop the scalper from purchasing tickets again

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
1. Healy
2. Best
3. Cole
4. Launchbury
5. Parling
6. Wood
7. Robshaw (c)
8. Faletau
9. Youngs
10. Sexton
11. North
12. O'Driscoll
13. Tuilagi
14. Visser
15. Halfpenny

16. Hibbard
17. Jenkins
18. Jones
19. Gray
20. O'Brien
21. Phillips
22. Farrell
23. Kearney

In light of the English demolition

1. Jenkins
2. Hibbard
3. Jones
4. Launchbury
5. Parling
6. Wood
7. Robshaw (c)
8. Faletau
9. Youngs
10. Sexton
11. North
12. Roberts
13. Tuilagi
14. Cuthbert
15. Halfpenny

16. Best
17. Healy
18. Cole
19. Gray
20. O'Brien
21. Phillips
22. Farrell
23. O'Driscoll

I'd still go Robshaw and as captain. Warburton had zero impact down here and Robshaw still is a good leader imo. Youngs is much quicker than Phillips and performs against Australia.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
If the Lions play Robshaw at 7 they are up shit creek without a paddle. They need a fetcher and Tipuric is that man, at this stage I doubt Wood will tour.

POC would probably go straight into the test 23 if he were fit as would Lydiate and Bowe, can't blame the Fat man for giving those 3 all the time they need. Zebo is another one who could make a push because aside from the occasional glimpse no winger has been outstanding in the 6 nations. Incidentally Cuthbert is out for a minimum of 6 weeks with a torn hammy and mightn't even make the tour.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Worried that you are going to wind up fecked like we did after 09. I knew you would see sense eventually Cardiffblue!?!
yup. Scared witless that they will start 2014 title defence with half a side. Not happy that we're touring Japan. Far too likely to call replacements from same time zone.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Refs for Lions tour

First Test: Pollock
Second Test: Joubert
Final Test: Poite

Trying not to comment on choice of Joubert who was recently singlehandedly responsible for one of the worst games of rugby I've ever had the misfortune to feel obliged to watch

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Gatland has said the following players are still on his radar if they can prove there fitness by April 30 when the Squad is selected.

Zebo, Paul O’Connell, Dan Lydiate, Alex Corbisiero and Tommy Bowe

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ru...selection-in-advance-says-Warren-Gatland.html
Glad to see l'idiot is still on the radar. Was wondering the other day what would have been the side for the England match if he'd been fit. Tips might not have been on the field

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Just took the leap and forked out for tickets off eBay for the Sydney test. Couldn't wait another 12 years. Paid $800 for 2 silver tickets, so over double the original price. Just hope the series isn't over by Sydney.
$800! Was wondering whether to go myself but at those prices for a team that'll be mostly orc, I'll go to a pub. Wonder if I'd pay that for a Wales game? Possibly a RWC final and then only because it is a long held fantasy and may never happen outside of my dreams. Hope they are good silver tickets. Was disappointed with the ones I had for last Welsh game.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
In light of the English demolition

1. Jenkins
2. Hibbard
3. Jones
4. Launchbury
5. Parling
6. Wood
7. Robshaw (c)
8. Faletau
9. Youngs
10. Sexton
11. North
12. Roberts
13. Tuilagi
14. Cuthbert
15. Halfpenny

16. Best
17. Healy
18. Cole
19. Gray
20. O'Brien
21. Phillips
22. Farrell
23. O'Driscoll

I'd still go Robshaw and as captain. Warburton had zero impact down here and Robshaw still is a good leader imo. Youngs is much quicker than Phillips and performs against Australia.
Thanks, but the boys in green are a bit underrepresented in the backs. Suspect that is what Cementhead thinhs too looking at the list of injured palyers under consideration. Stampy O'Driscoll as benchwarmer is a big call. And back row is too slow, which someone else has pointed out. No point carrying a player just to be captain. Hibbard wont make the test side. He's improved out of sight since his lard-arse performances here last year, but they won't pick him as first choice hooker. I see youv;'e gone for a sledgehammer approach.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Good old POC, big return for Munster including the first try. Nailed on Lions' skipper. ;)
Unfortunately Paulie played himself onto the plane last night, the best performance I have seen from a lock all season. Sure it was only Connacht but Paulie looks rejuvenated by his back op, his carrying was different class. Here is a prediction, if Munster win their Heineken cup quarter final Paul O'Connell could very well be Lions captain. Wish we could win the QF and he could tell Gatland to feck off but it aint going to happen, God he had better not get injured in Australia.

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
Only Connacht? They've been mixing it pretty well but lacking consistency. My only point being that it makes it an even better effort by POC. If it had been against Zebre, OTOH.

Also, though technically off-topic, nice to see Treviso over the Blues with Treviso resting some of their national team players.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Only Connacht? They've been mixing it pretty well but lacking consistency. My only point being that it makes it an even better effort by POC. If it had been against Zebre, OTOH.

Also, though technically off-topic, nice to see Treviso over the Blues with Treviso resting some of their national team players.
Hmph! News sent me scrambling for the football results. Only to discover no games this weekend. Apart from 2-1 win over Jocks in Jockland not such a good weekend

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Unfortunately Paulie played himself onto the plane last night, the best performance I have seen from a lock all season. Sure it was only Connacht but Paulie looks rejuvenated by his back op, his carrying was different class. Here is a prediction, if Munster win their Heineken cup quarter final Paul O'Connell could very well be Lions captain. Wish we could win the QF and he could tell Gatland to feck off but it aint going to happen, God he had better not get injured in Australia.
My moneys been on POC as possible captain for a while. Robshaw no certainty to make test side whereas POC is a shoe in if fit. My sympathy is with u.

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
POC has always been the Lions captaincy elephant in the room. I think he only needs to stay fit to get the gig. I can't see Robshaw anywhere near the captaincy. For one thing, his practical, on-field leadership of England was increasingly found wanting during the 6N. For another, he's not the best available 7, arguably not even a 7 anyway. I think he'll probably tour and skipper the dirt trackers.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
POC is a class above any lock available to the Lions and is a natural leader. Wazza could do worse than choose him as captain, although it mightn't be the best choice for POCs career long term. His game time needs to be managed very smartly by Munster and Ireland to stop him breaking again

Status
Not open for further replies.