• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Lions Tour 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
I have been disappointed by Heaslip's captaincy because I felt he did really well in the AIs and seemed to foster a really positive attitude within the squad. I do wonder whether his public image doesn't mask some quite profound insecurities because his body language and mannerisms when he is interviewed are strange to say the least!!

I'd say having BOD there fuming that he lost the captaincy isn't helping either. Just another clusterfuck Kidney has created for himself

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
I'd say having BOD there fuming that he lost the captaincy isn't helping either. Just another clusterfuck Kidney has created for himself
True but I think BOD could have been more helpful all around that situation as well especially as he is Heaslip's provincial colleague. EDIT and BOD needs some big games to get onto the Lions tour which seems so important to him. His performance against England can be readily excused having been up all night witnessing the birth of his first child but he was hardly a spark of creative genius against Scotland.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
For the captaincy, I have heard that BOD is out of favour and that it may fall to POC.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
For the captaincy, I have heard that BOD is out of favour and that it may fall to POC.

BOD is sill the bookies favourite, if it isn't him it will be Robshaw. Can't see POC even making the squad given he has only played 2 games of rugby this season!

Try-ranosaurus Rex

Darby Loudon (17)
If BOD is out of favour, then surely the skipper is Robshaw.

BOD should tour.. and perhaps captain the mid week team. He'd be an invaluable asset to have as part of the touring party.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
If BOD is out of favour, then surely the skipper is Robshaw.

BOD should tour.. and perhaps captain the mid week team. He'd be an invaluable asset to have as part of the touring party.
Robshaw is in one of the most contested position's. Yes, his form is good. But he has to match it in the tour games with new combinations to even be considered. BOD has proven he can play with anyone next to him.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
BOD will tour and will play the first test at 13 thats probably the only certain thing about the Lions tour. Despite his age there isn't a better all round 13 in available, added to the fact he won't be playing Kidney ball it could be some last hurrah from the great man.

Craig Riddington

Sydney Middleton (9)
I wouldn't have thought Robshaw would even be a contender for the captaincy. Yes, he's in superb form and yes, he does lead by example. But, he got two major decisions against SA and Australia wrong and against Ireland, it looked like Farrell overruled his decision to go for the posts. I'm not sure he is confident enough in his captaincy at the moment. For me, it has to be BOD and I would name him captain of the tour whether he was playing or not.

Craig Riddington

Sydney Middleton (9)
Captain from the stands then?

Sorry, yes in other words...I would nominate BOD as tour captain as soon as the squad is announced. Clearly I would be expecting him to play but I would also be looking for him to work closely with the management of the tour. If he doesn't play, an on-field captain would be chosen, but I would still expect him to play a senior role on the training paddock, in meetings etc.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Reports in the Irish papers yesterday said that Ross, after the Ireland England game, was told by Graham Rowntree that he'd be going on the tour.
Obviously we have to take it at face value but, if true this means the tightheads are Ross, Cole and Jones I'd assume

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Reports in the Irish papers yesterday said that Ross, after the Ireland England game, was told by Graham Rowntree that he'd be going on the tour.
Obviously we have to take it at face value but, if true this means the tightheads are Ross, Cole and Jones I'd assume
FFS

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
This is up there with some his best stuff, hilarious stuff. Shakespeare is turning in his grave.

"If it comes down to a tight ball, the likelihood is we will look to hang our hat on something of substance. If the defining point of difference is in a challenging cauldron they have performed, that could be the tipping point,'' Deans said.

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/w...ys/story-e6frf55l-1226592968533#ixzz2MyTLI3Cr

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)

Can't see that, not with the likes of Ewan Murray playing well too. Doubt if anything has been decided that early. It'd also be very unprofessional of Rowntree to have made a statement like that to any player.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Can't see that, not with the likes of Ewan Murray playing well too. Doubt if anything has been decided that early. It'd also be very unprofessional of Rowntree to have made a statement like that to any player.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
Unfortunately, although he doesn't offer much around the field, Ross is a scrummaging nerd who, along with Jones, rarely takes a beating. Murray will be in church on Sundays so maybe they feel they can't have him tour. I think they are wrong and Ross should be at home this summer having a well earned rest.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
"If it comes down to a tight ball, the likelihood is we will look to hang our hat on something of substance. If the defining point of difference is in a challenging cauldron they have performed, that could be the tipping point,'' Deans said.
Bwhahaha, that is priceless stuff. I wonder how these statements are translated into non-english speaking newspapers and how many of the translators working there have been fired by the editors for jibberish?

Status
Not open for further replies.