• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Has anyone considered how daunting it would be for her to face a few players alone in a room just to accept the apology? I think most people, male or female, would feel intimidated. I certainly would. Beale begged via text, seems likely other players also spoke to her to try coerce her into the apology. What a terrible situation to put anyone in.

It's an almost impossible situation for anyone (male or female) to be placed in. One of the reasons that new employees should be properly inducted into any organisation and have more than one person to ask advice from. It seems that the one person she knew, is someone she felt she couldn't ask.

That's not a satisfactory situation for any new employee to be in.

T

Train Without a Station

Pfitzy is clearly trying to say the victim is at fault and has no place notifying her superiors of Beale's initial indiscretion when she accepted his apology, regardless of her advice that of he erred again she would.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
No, actually she didn't know that. She may have entertained or suspected it, but no-one actually KNOWS what would have happened.

You are applying the events precipitated in October to the situation that started in June.

We actually don't know how these events would have changed if they were applied to a different timeline. There are so many variables that it boggles the mind, but I think the controversy would be less if they struck while the iron was hot.

Well, I guess cultural naivety would be another approach to managing your career.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
It's an almost impossible situation for anyone (male or female) to be placed in. One of the reasons that new employees should be properly inducted into any organisation and have more than one person to ask advice from. It seems that the one person she knew, is someone she felt she couldn't ask.

That's not a satisfactory situation for any new employee to be in.

Lot of talk about intimidation for Di. Is that because she is a female - If so then bullshit.

Whether you are female (Di) or male (KB (Kurtley Beale)) it would have been an intimidating meeting anyway. Di may be upset, and Kurtley absolutely shitting himself

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Lot of talk about intimidation for Di. Is that because she is a female - If so then bullshit.

Whether you are female (Di) or male (KB (Kurtley Beale)) it would have been an intimidating meeting anyway. Di may be upset, and Kurtley absolutely shitting himself

Big difference between how they were feeling and motives.

This case will be written about in textbooks as an example of workplace harassment and bullying 101.

domo

Stan Wickham (3)
Any suggestion that Di has betrayed Kurtley, or is in any way in the wrong is nonsense, and victim blaming of the highest order. Is it that hard to believe that Ewen and/or the ARU would have asked if there was more to the story, given the extreme reaction by Di to go home. Regardless of what her intentions were when she came forward with the texts, the fact is she had to provide context for the sake of her career. Holding onto such information would be ridiculous and quite frankly bewildering. If anything we should be applauding Di for her grace in the way she handled it initially, and her willingness to give Kurtley another chance, when god knows he didn't deserve it.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

Which is why right from the very start, I've steered away from the whole gender thing. Offensive is offensive. I mean if it was a new male employee who had been portrayed in the same way in texts, it should be the treated in the same way. Many posters (not all) have brought in the gender thing when they can't make their own point.

drewprint

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Whether or not Patston followed due process is the mother of all red herrings here. Just like the earlier questioning of her qualifications, it's all just obfuscation. To me, it's as simple as this:

Beale sent highly inappropriate texts re: someone in a management position. In the interests of team harmony, she gave him benefit of doubt and attempted to keep issue in house and resolved quietly. Beale reneges on this agreement and humiliates her publicly again.

Beale is the only one in the wrong here. Maybe she should have brought this to managements attention right away, but it's just not the issue here. The issue is Beale and his nasty and disruptive behaviour. I believe Patston's only error was naively believing Beale was capable of genuine remorse and self-reflection.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Whether or not Patston followed due process is the mother of all red herrings here. Just like the earlier questioning of her qualifications, it's all just obfuscation. To me, it's as simple as this:

Beale sent highly inappropriate texts re: someone in a management position. In the interests of team harmony, she gave him benefit of doubt and attempted to keep issue in house and resolved quietly. Beale reneges on this agreement and humiliates her publicly again.

Beale is the only one in the wrong here. Maybe she should have brought this to managements attention right away, but it's just not the issue here. The issue is Beale and his nasty and disruptive behaviour. I believe Patston's only error was naively believing Beale was capable of genuine remorse and self-reflection.

Agree 100%.

T

Train Without a Station

Adam Ashley-Cooper: "the last thing we want to do, is see Kurtley leave the game".

Does he seriously not get it? A player of his stature should be saying, regardless of who the player is, the wallabies expect certain standards and if they can't meet that then there is no place for them.

rugbyskier

Ted Thorn (20)
Isn't it a breath of fresh air team mates such as Hooper, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Slipper coming together and openly saying we'll stand by our team mate.

No i am not a KB (Kurtley Beale) fan.
But have look back QC (Quade Cooper) spoke his thoughts (possibly the truth) and got hung out to dry.

You have to choose your battles. Standing by a team mate who has sexually harassed and bullied an ARU employee is not the right battle to choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.