• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

Who from News is reporting it? I was under the impression it was all fairfax.

And not Russell.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
If there has been any improper actions from ARU Management, I'd imagine Beale's representatives would bring these to light. So far Moses has claimed Link knew, and claimed to have evidence, without providing it.

The alleged discretion have come out, yet Moses is happy to try and smear Link's reputation, without proving his slander.
I'm going to be a pedant.
He actually said he had information,not evidence.
Big difference.
If his information is that KB (Kurtley Beale) told him, so what!
If he has evidence in the form of an email or text mssge,then it's see ya link .

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
She's let it slide, on the provision (as she has warned) it is an isolated action of misbehavior by Beale, not a part of a trend or pattern.

If that was the case, it has been resolved.

No, it hasn't. And quite frankly, I'm wearing out keyboards trying to explain why.

Its basic English. Look up the definition of "resolve". You know what? Fuck it, have one on me (that's a link BTW):

Google definition of resolve

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I wonder what was the "handskake" Di got for an early resignation?

She, and KB (Kurtley Beale) to their credit have been remarkedly silent on the whole matter. Probably waiting for the "investigation" to be finalised. The a press conference saying the matter has been settled (with a confidentiality clause) and we both wish to move on, in the best interests of Australian Rugby.

At least, that's the way I'd like it to conclude

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I think part of any conditions of their ability to take action are pending the outcome of the formal process. Otherwise we risk another grey area.

Hardly surprising then that Hooper hasn't heard from Beale. They're team mates, but Beale is better mates with others.

T

Train Without a Station

Thanks Pfitzy.

settle or find a solution to (a problem or contentious matter). Perhaps such as Kurtley not breaching any rules or protocols and the matter would never be discussed again?

decide firmly on a course of action. Such as that the matter would be forgotten providing Kurtley maintained the appropriate professional standards which are required of all players?

Now from what I can tell, there is nothing that says you cannot have a provision required as part of a resolution.

WE FUCKING GET IT! You're not happy with the resolution that they came too. Stiff shit, you're neither the victim or the alleged perpetrator so your view on the validity of the resolution is irrelevant in the matter. And they were at the time.

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
KOB
If you wanted a fun diversion you should check out the stories written by Harris over the past couple of years that he has printed as fact and see how many never happened.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Even if the motive of keeping the text messages secret in June was entirely altruistic, we're seeing very starkly how doing someone a favour is not necessarily for the best.

If this situation had come to light in June, Beale would have almost certainly been fired and everyone else would have moved on.

As it's coming to light now, the fallout is far worse. The person who did Beale the favour, Patston has lost her job and McKenzie is under huge pressure in terms of what he knew about the situation and how he handled it and Pulver is copping it for being asleep at the wheel.

Being careful with my thoughts on this matter, but have to say that I don't think "everyone else would have moved on". Apparently there is a group within the players who quite strongly support Beale. Had he been sacked in those circumstances back in June, I cannot see how they would have moved on. Their feelings of loyalty to their mate would undoubtedly have manifested itself in some manner or other.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Pfitzy, I can't agree with that. The basis of Payten's article with the alleged texts was that if he kept his nose clean, the matter would not be escalated. If he didn't, it would.

He was given ample opportunity for it to not ruin his career.

But with his history of poor behaviour, he was hardly deserving of this consideration IMO. I'm not talking hindsight, I'm talking about his record prior to June 2014.

Geez, she probably did it for all the right reasons, but look where it's got us.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
No, it hasn't. And quite frankly, I'm wearing out keyboards trying to explain why.

Its basic English. Look up the definition of "resolve". You know what? Fuck it, have one on me (that's a link BTW):

Google definition of resolve

You can keep trying to prove Patston did something wrong but
1. She had no obligation to report it
2. She had no obligation to resolve it informally or formally
3. She had no obligation to move from step 1 to any other step.

Only Patston can consider the issue resolved in this process, otherwise she could escalate or drop it.

The plane incident is more than enough to finish Beale whether the text issue was "resolved" or not.

For all we know she might still consider it resolved but the ARU has to investigate it.

T

Train Without a Station

But with his history of poor behaviour, he was hardly deserving of this consideration IMO. I'm not talking hindsight, I'm talking about his record prior to June 2014.

Geez, she probably did it for all the right reasons, but look where it's got us.

Yes true. She's also apparently pretty unpopular with the players for whatever reason. How popular do you think she'd be if she was the reason for the termination of a popular player's contract?

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
KOB
If you wanted a fun diversion you should check out the stories written by Harris over the past couple of years that he has printed as fact and see how many never happened.

yes I am aware of his journalism and that certainly does provide some encouragement! As did your post of this morning..

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Yes true. She's also apparently pretty unpopular with the players for whatever reason. How popular do you think she'd be if she was the reason for the termination of a popular player's contract?

No doubt she's been put in a very difficult position on day 1 on the job. I feel sorry for her, as I have from the moment the plane affair broke. It's a shame she didn't think she could ask someone for some advice on how to handle it.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Isn't it a breath of fresh air team mates such as Hooper, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Slipper coming together and openly saying we'll stand by our team mate.

No i am not a KB (Kurtley Beale) fan.
But have look back QC (Quade Cooper) spoke his thoughts (possibly the truth) and got hung out to dry.

Hope the boys come out and make a real statement on the weekend.

T

Train Without a Station

No doubt she's been put in a very difficult position on day 1 on the job. I feel sorry for her, as I have from the moment the plane affair broke. It's a shame she didn't think she could ask someone for some advice on how to handle it.

Unfortunately due to the situation, the person she likely would have asked, is the person she was begged to keep the information from.

Status
Not open for further replies.