• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
From edit #17 of Georgina Robinson's article:

Many inside the Wallabies consider her a hard-working and indispensable team member who has taken on more responsibility as ARU budget cuts bit hard.

On top of her day to day duties, Patston is understood to be heavily involved with the families of the squad's Polynesian players, and often organises buses to games for their wives and girlfriends.

But it is understood some members of the playing group and management have felt growing unease at Patston's expanding but blurry role within the team, which has seen her sit in on disciplinary matters and recently tour with the group overseas for the first time.

It is also understood that while no one condones Beale's behaviour – for which he later apologised – a number inside the camp feel he is in danger of being unfairly made a scapegoat.

It is not known whether anyone has raised their concerns directly with McKenzie. Patston and the Wallabies were both contacted for comment.

The outcome of the ARU's investigation is not expected to be known until after the Wallabies' clash with the Pumas. Beale was dropped from the Wallabies squad for the Test.

While McKenzie balances the demands of managing a hugely sensitive situation, which could have serious ramifications for the off-contract Beale and an under-pressure staff member, he must also rally the side to make a statement on Saturday.

While Beale was not drinking on the flight, and denies being intoxicated, it is understood he and other teammates had consumed alcohol after the Test match – their only team-sanctioned opportunity to share a drink while in camp.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/a...-wallabies-20141002-10p1li.html#ixzz3F1Vx9wo4

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
where her role was expanded to include managing the full playing squad and staff, managing the team budget, finance and logistics and, significantly, human resources and disciplinary matters.

He should be dropped for being stupid if for no other reason, I assume that the team knows who is dealing with disciplinary matters so what idiot has an argument with her?

It is like picking a fight with a magistrate before entering court

T

Train Without a Station

This is very interesting, not because of the incident,or any supposed relationships, but it wreaks of problems with in team to me. And with team ,I mean management, players etc etc, whole group!

Nah reeks of another Kurtley issue. Not the first time for him but he has been the common denominator for a few.

T

Train Without a Station

Kurtley "unfairly" made a scapegoat? That'll fucking do me. With his track record, any punishment for a discretion is fair.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Journalists must love these sort of situations. No quotes, passive voice throughout, nothing that can be denied or disproven that won't just draw further attention to things.

"It is understood......."

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
In the old days, the Players arrived home and occassionaly papers were marked 'never to tour again'... it was a good system, of course the era of multi-season contracts complicated many things.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
On the surface the whole saga seems pretty insignificant......... I mean, an argument over a tshirt? And considering whom Beale was addressing surely he would've just been told to pull his head in and that would be that.............

Where it gets interesting is that the incident has caused Patson to fly home, which might seem to indicate that the argument got very personal, or something offensive has been said.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Mystery surrounds the background of the Australian Rugby Union official at the centre of the latest Kurtley Beale incident, which has had the troubled star dropped from the squad to play Argentina on Sunday.
Di Patston, the Wallabies team business manager, has returned to her home in Manly after being engaged in a midair slanging match with Beale as the team travelled from Johannesburg in South Africa to Sao Paulo in Brazil.
Patston works closely with Wallabies coach Ewen McKenzie, who first employed her as an administrative assistant during his tenure at the Queensland Reds. She then followed McKenzie to the ARU in July last year, where her role was expanded to include managing the full playing squad and staff, managing the team budget, finance and logistics and, significantly, human resources and disciplinary matters.

Article%20Lead%20-%20wide6164023510p7afimage.related.articleLeadwide.729x410.10p5wr.png1412252721241.jpg-620x349.jpg
Di Patston in a Wallabies team photo at Manly in June. Photo: Facebook

On her LinkedIn page, which was first heavily edited, and then removed completely late on Thursday, Patston stated she joined the Reds in February 2011 after 11 years working as a "Snr Audit and Compliance Officer" with the "Australian Federal Misconduct Commission".

Advertisement

Inquiries by Fairfax Media were unable to establish the existence of any such body – past or present – or what function it may have served. Patston's Facebook page was also deleted after calls were made to the ARU, Queensland Rugby Union and her husband Wayne, who lives on Queensland's Sunshine Coast. Wayne Patston said he had been told not to comment on the matter. Requests to make contact with Di were unsuccessful.
The LinkedIn page cited degrees from the University of Sydney in Business Administration (2003-2005), Behavioural Science (2005-2008) and a degree from Queensland's Griffith University in Criminology and Criminal Justice (2009-2011).

Article%20Lead%20-%20narrow6164023510pkesimage.related.articleLeadNarrow.353x0.10p5wr.png1412252721180.jpg-300x0.jpg
Gone: Di Patston's LinkedIn profile.

A spokesperson for the University of Sydney told Fairfax Media there was no record of Patston studying at the institution during that period, while sources also said there was no record of her enrolment at Griffith University, although the institution was unable to comment as there remains a possibility all of her study was completed under a different name.
Patston was known to be a key member of the McKenzie entourage, with one player describing her as "untouchable" within the Wallabies set-up.
The ARU is continuing its investigations into the incident.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/australia-rugby/di-patston-official-at-centre-of-kurtley-beale-incident-has-long-history-with-ewen-mckenzie-20141002-10p5wr.html#ixzz3EzTLv8cV

So far we have allegations of facebook pages being shut down and Linked In profiles being shut down.
Now the referenced article above from the SMH appears to be shut down. All you get is the old "Page not found" when you click on the link to the article.

This is moving well into Tin Foil Hat wearing territory.

Was Australia's leading Toxicologist right when Dr Q. Cooper when he announced that he had identified a rare but virulent strain of toxicity within Camp Wallaby? Is it still there? Maybe the strain wasn't the more common ItsallDingoDeansfaultus Toxicus but related to the more rare strain Theresnomoneyleftus CauseJONspentitallus Toxicus?

During the debate on fashion in business class, did the dialogue move on into KB (Kurtley Beale) discussing qualifications of others? It is well known that he is off contract at the end of this season. Perhaps he had been trawling through Linked In as part of his job search and viewed the Business managers profile page? Suitably impressed with the qualifications quoted, maybe he had thought "I could do that job if I had similar qualifications. Why don't I just make some inquiries as to how I can obtain similar qualifications?" From his enquiries, he could have drawn the same blanks that the author of the apparently deleted SMH article did.

It is one thing for an individual to edit (or remove) their face book page, and their Linked In Profile, but there must be something pretty serious going on behind the scenes for a newspaper article to be unable to be found 8 hours after it was initially published. Google still has a link to the article on it.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
This is very interesting, not because of the incident,or any supposed relationships, but it wreaks of problems with in team to me. And with team ,I mean management, players etc etc, whole group!

Maybe Quade was right, and maybe the toxins weren't removed with the change of Head Coach and CEO.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
There is still some conjecture that it was ThreeMuppeteeris Superiouris, with the last outbreak of that being believed to have been dealt with by AQIS Quarantine Officials at Perth International Airport.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
A spokesperson for the University of Sydney told Fairfax Media there was no record of Patston studying at the institution during that period, while sources also said there was no record of her enrolment at Griffith University, although the institution was unable to comment as there remains a possibility all of her study was completed under a different name.

Should the ARU integrity unit not be investigating this too? Or is this a matter for Fair Work Australia?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Most of our younger blokes looked to her like a typical mother - strong, disiplined, no nonsense sort of lady and from my understanding actually liked her.
Maybe some older players, maybe full of themselves (KB (Kurtley Beale)) may resent her attitudes about standards etc etc.

We , the public, require certain standards from our players, both on and off the field. If you don't want to adhere to those standards, common decency, respect etc then no one is forcing you to stay.- GO.

Which brings me to a random comment.

It gives me the absolute shits when I see players, particularly during the National Anthem standing there with their socks around their ankles. Joe Tomane was the culprit I saw last week.

We have a uniform, wear it with pride. Again if you don't like the uniform then piss off

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Should the ARU integrity unit not be investigating this too? Or is this a matter for Fair Work Australia?
Maybe that is precisely what they are investigating, and the whole KB (Kurtley Beale) discussion was just the catalyst.

Fairfax Media seem to be suggesting that there are some questions about the integrity, and credibility of some in the ARU Administration.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Maybe that is precisely what they are investigating, and the whole KB (Kurtley Beale) discussion was just the catalyst.

Fairfax Media seem to be suggesting that there are some questions about the integrity, and credibility of some in the ARU Administration.

The mud only gets thicker

Status
Not open for further replies.