• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I completely agree. It's almost as if some members of this forum actually want KB (Kurtley Beale) to self-destruct, and thats one thing I can never understand.

He's obviously quite a troubled young man, and many want him to be completely abandoned by rugby, when it seems that rugby is one of the only things in his life that keeps him on track. Regardless of his past indiscretions, its inhumane to wish tragedy upon someone purely because you don't like them.

Perhaps I'm just blinded by my KB (Kurtley Beale) man love. #justiceforKB #KB4PM

I think your man love with KB (Kurtley Beale) has blined you of the bigger picture here. KB (Kurtley Beale) has been slowly self dicructing himself now for awhile. No help needed by me.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I heard Hitler was also an advocate of the 6:2 bench split for matches where he was expecting a tough, physical forward battle.

Hitler always favoured the power game, particularly with Goering at tight head, although Rommel at 5/8 always had the opposition in two minds. Hitler's blind side moves against Czechoslovakia showed some tactical nous, but his stubborn refusal to take penalty goals against Russia at Stalingrad sealed his time as coach.;)

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
As TWAS said, there have been plenty of blokes from pretty modest backgrounds who have made their way in professional sport without getting themselves in major trouble and destroying their careers, indigenous or otherwise. Not everyone who has played for the Wallabies went to a GPS school and came from a privileged upbringing. You could argue that KB (Kurtley Beale) has had some advantages that others might not have had, given that he went to the premier rugby nursery in the country.

At the end of the day the accountability resides with the individual and it doesn't matter a great deal if they play professional sport or not. Kurtley (who I think is a terrific footballer) has had plenty of people in his corner and plenty of opportunities to redeem himself. Unfortunately he seems to have blown it, possibly for good. If this is the way he behaves, then I don't want him playing for the Wallabies. I've said the same about QC (Quade Cooper) and JOC (James O'Connor) too. In Quade's case, he appears to have grown up and now is a senior member of the team (when fit). The jury is still out on JOC (James O'Connor), but hopefully the time away from OZ has done him some good. I'd love to see him in gold at the RWC, but only if he's rid himself of the dickhead tendencies previously displayed.

Westie

Sydney Middleton (9)

Attachments

• IMG_1188542716196826.jpeg
    IMG_1188542716196826.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 424

Westie

Sydney Middleton (9)
Tragedy perhaps wasn't the best word. Lets go with:

"it's inhumane to wish misfortune upon someone purely because you don't like them".

Edit: I feel like the "Leave Britney Alone" guy if you replaced "Britney" with "KB (Kurtley Beale)".
And don't that make you feel stupid?

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
I've said it before, and I'm saying it again, Kurtley reminds me of Andrew Walker. So much talent, but without the ability, (or desire) to govern his life.
I wish him well in whatever forum he should choose to engage himself.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
The Wallabies official at the centre of the mid-air incident involving player Kurtley Beale during the squad's flight from South Africa to Brazil has been in the inner-sanctum of coach Ewen McKenzie's rugby program ever since they first worked together at the Reds.
Di Patston, the Wallabies business manager, returned to Australia on her own volition two days after she and Beale were involved in a slanging match early during their 10-hour flight from Johannesburg to Sao Paulo.
She left the Wallabies for Australia on Tuesday from Buenos Aires, where the squad spent a day before travelling to Mendoza for their final Rugby Championship Test against the Pumas on Saturday.
Patston joined the Australian Rugby Union in July last year, when Ewen McKenzie was appointed Wallabies coach.
Her Wallabies responsibilities include managing the full playing squad and staff, the squad's budget and finance and logistics, and human resources and disciplinary matters.
Patston's LinkedIn page stated on Thursday that before working in rugby Patston spent 11 years and three months at the Australian Federal Misconduct Commission, where she was a senior audit and compliance officer.
Inquiries by Fairfax Media have not been able to establish the commission's existence – past and present – or its function.
Also, according to LinkedIn, Patston had completed three degrees – in criminology and criminal justice, behavioural sciences and business administration, and management and operations.
However, by late Thursday afternoon references to Patston's above mentioned qualifications had been withdrawn from LinkedIn. Her Facebook account had also been closed.
Patston's role with the Wallabies has expanded this year after the position of Wallabies team manager that had been held by Rob Egerton was eliminated.
Patston, who lives in Manly, has toured with the Wallabies on short trips this year, but this tour to South Africa and Argentina had been her first long-haul tour.
She joined the Wallabies from the Queensland Reds, where McKenzie had been coach. McKenzie brought Patston to the Reds, where she was team business administrator.
When McKenzie was named as Wallabies coach, Patston's move to the ARU soon after was not a surprise, considering how much he reportedly relied on her at the Reds.
A source told Fairfax Media that Patston was regarded as a well-liked and highly competent staff member at the Reds. She was known to be a strict disciplinarian and stickler for protocol and conformed with McKenzie's outlook on management.
Patston wrote on her Facebook page before it was closed: "I believe the single most significant decision I can make on a day-to-day basis is my choice of attitude.
"It is more important than my past, my education, my bank account, my successes or failures, popularity or pain, what other people think of me or say about me, my circumstances, or my position.
"Attitude keeps me going or cripples my progress. It alone fuels my fire or assaults my hope.
"When my attitudes are right, there is no barrier too high, no valley too deep, no dream too extreme, no challenge too great for me."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/australia-rugby/di-patston-official-at-centre-of-kurtley-beale-incident-has-long-history-with-ewen-mckenzie-20141002-10p5wr.html#ixzz3EyjW9UVo

Spieber

Bob Loudon (25)
1. KB (Kurtley Beale) may soon cease to be a character in this play, with Link now LinkedIn!
2. The unpaid intern at the ARU bunker may be trouble for not having done a full background check on an employee - lots of buses around St Leonard's to be thrown under.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
According to the Lufthansa website (They probably didn't fly with that mob but their configuration showed up first from google), the A340-300 series has a 44 seat business class, with the long bodied version A340-600 having 60 business class seats.
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Lufthansa/Lufthansa_Airbus_A340-300_C.php
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Lufthansa/Lufthansa_Airbus_A340-600.php

Hold on.........

44 seats in business class
44 = StG 44 German assault rifle
StG 44 in service from 1942-1945 = 4 years
Unit production cost = $40 = 40

44 = 1944 (World War 2 occurred from 1939-1945)
April = fourth month of the year
Adolf Hitler - born in April, the fourth of six children = 4

40+4=44

We have come full circle

tinfoil.jpg

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Kudos to Bill Pulver for taking control of this issue.
The more I see of him,the more I am impressed.
I think it was a very good call.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
What did bill do? I haven't been reading about any of this other than this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.