• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

James Horwill cited for stamping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Dud info?

They came in there for a while, but it was always Hungry Jack's at the start.

I remember seeing Burger King here during the legal war with HJ's in the 1990s, but I don't think I've seen one in years since after they went through the rebrand mentioned on Wikipedia

-----------------------
I hate autocorrect ...

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
They came in there for a while, but it was always Hungry Jack's at the start.

I remember seeing Burger King here during the legal war with HJ's in the 1990s, but I don't think I've seen one in years since after they went through the rebrand mentioned on Wikipedia

-----------------------
I hate autocorrect .
Maybe it was the 90's

R

ruggernote

If a Brit had done it to Aussie, we would be up in arms, I can't see any justification stamping near an eye is dangerous cowardly play, fact.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Dud info?

I stand corrected.

The last 90 or so Burger King restaurants changed their name to Hungry Jacks to join 200 odd of them in about 2003.

Seems like I didn't notice. I could have sworn there were still a few Burger Kings around at airports etc.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
If a Brit had done it to Aussie, we would be up in arms, I can't see any justification stamping near an eye is dangerous cowardly play, fact.

You won't get many Aussies denying he was lucky to get off and should have been banned. What most seem to be angry about is that the once the initial decision was made the IRB didn't just leave it at that.

Their move undermines the legitimacy of the whole citing/judiciary process. It also highlights the fact that the process needs a complete overhaul and should be more consistent. This action by the IRB would seem to indicate that they are reticent to put in the work necessary to correct the system and instead will step in on a adhoc basis, making the whole process even more inconsistent.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Can't find anything specific on this ipad right now. But it would be odd to appeal to a court which you haven't signed jurisdiction over to? Ie why appeal the ARU no-ban on drugs if you can't enforce the CAS decision?

Now I may be wrong, but doesn't the CAS have jurisdiction over every Olympic Sport?
That was my first thought but there's bugger all to find.
CAS says they have jurisdiction where parties agree.
I presume that the sportsman agrees with AOC to confer jurisdiction on COS but that would be in relation to disputes, usually selection, between player and ARU/AOC.
There is a pro forma agreement in the IRB handbook but is confined to doping.
That's all I got.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
You won't get many Aussies denying he was lucky to get off and should have been banned. What most seem to be angry about is that the once the initial decision was made the IRB didn't just leave it at that.

Their move undermines the legitimacy of the whole citing/judiciary process. It also highlights the fact that the process needs a complete overhaul and should be more consistent. This action by the IRB would seem to indicate that they are reticent to put in the work necessary to correct the system and instead will step in on a adhoc basis, making the whole process even more inconsistent.

well said. takes a paddy to explain our point of view.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
A Brit did in fact do it to an Aussie. Farrell's little tap dancing performance against the Reds was arguably worse than what Horwill did, but we don't make a fuss about it; we let it go.

The issue is not the stamp now anyway, its the kangaroo court scenario that's gone on.

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
Right lads I'm diong a hungry Jacks want anything?

Going to stick to the drive thru though don't want to run into any lions fans wanting pics

Status
Not open for further replies.