• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

James Horwill cited for stamping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
What I find bemusing is that apparently there were 9 camera angles shown in the first hearing. Yet we keep seeing the one all the time in news reports.

If there is an angle that categorically clears James, lets have it. And vice versa.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
In BC, Canada where our daughter lives it's now 5:50am this morning, (Monday), so if Graeme Mew lives anywhere near her (West coast), we should have a decision by 10:00am his time (3:00am AEST Tuesday)!!
I'm betting he has a Nana-nap before delivering his verdict!!
I'm assuming he's running a video-conference "trial".

R

ruggernote

If a decision is clearly biased or perverse, the orb have a duty to act, I just can't believe this guff about double jeopardy. The citing commissioner was either biased or on the grogg I am afraid, guilty as charged I'm afraid. Its like a judge believing he fell on the knife 12 timed backwards. 4 game bam for cowardly assault I think.

R

ruggernote

Just cop the bam, move on give new man get used to calls etc. Australian rugby should accept and move on . clearly cowardly foul play.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Just cop the bam, move on give new man get used to calls etc. Australian rugby should accept and move on . clearly cowardly foul play.
Yeah, I think we got you the first time, Stephen Jones. Try reading a bit further. Most people have a problem with the process, rather than condoning the initial action. How about you move on from some pretty obvious trolling.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
So how do you feel about farrells tap dancing on lucas's head?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
If a decision is clearly biased or perverse, the orb have a duty to act, I just can't believe this guff about double jeopardy. The citing commissioner was either biased or on the grogg I am afraid, guilty as charged I'm afraid. Its like a judge believing he fell on the knife 12 timed backwards. 4 game bam for cowardly assault I think.
Is the Orb Sauron, or some other monocular creature? I have some experience in this area.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I don't think it's that clear cut. That's the whole point. It's not a clear intentional act of foul play. Unlike Farrells jumping on Lucas's head.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I don't think it's that clear cut. That's the whole point. It's not a clear intentional act of foul play. Unlike Farrells jumping on Lucas's head.

It's far more clear cut. You can actually see Horwill 's foot connect with his head for a start.

If Horwill hadn't done the same thing to two other players this year, I would probably be on his side but repeated acts like this simply should not go unpunished.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
ABC radio news @ midnight: JH free to play on Saturday, but decision from Mew still a few hours away!! Presumably, that refers to any penalty (fine, and/or ban)?! Or maybe ABC just got it wrong (again)!

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Excellent write up from a neutral source. This whole process makes a mockery of the system. Essentially: 'There is an independent judicial process there to make unbiased decisions free from outside influence.'*

*except for when we disagree with them

Neutral source possibly, but not a neutral article. Such disjointed logic and you'd think an organisation with close ties to the IRB would be able to find out why the IRB are actually appealing this decision rather than to put their name to some ridiculous conspiracy.

No wonder no one put their name to that article, iit looks like something straight out of Rassie's book.

Don't get me wrong I love SA referee's website, but they have a few rather strange authors from time to time.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
It's far more clear cut. You can actually see Horwill 's foot connect with his head for a start.

If Horwill hadn't done the same thing to two other players this year, I would probably be on his side but repeated acts like this simply should not go unpunished.
Can u point me to the videos of the first 2 stomps? And no it's not clear cut. The guy can't see what he is "stomping" on.

Status
Not open for further replies.