• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

James Horwill cited for stamping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Can u point me to the videos of the first 2 stomps? And no it's not clear cut. The guy can't see what he is "stomping" on.

Google it - the first one was on Dan Palmer when the Reds played the Brumbies and the 2nd was when they played the Force. Horwill received an 'off-field yellow card' for a stomp on Cowan.

The fact that he may not have been able to see where AWJ's head was really doesn't matter. He knew there was someone down there. It was reckless if not intentional and he shouldn't have done it.

Again, it's far more clear cut than the alleged Farrell incident.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
The Farrell thing intrigues me. I should think that lions fans would not be too concerned about Farrell being banned if it meant Horwill was banned. Almost every non English fan thinks he is only there because his daddy is the coach and I suspect a few of the English probably think that as well. Anyway, doesn't look like we are going to get a decision today.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Google it - the first one was on Dan Palmer when the Reds played the Brumbies and the 2nd was when they played the Force. Horwill received an 'off-field yellow card' for a stomp on Cowan.

The fact that he may not have been able to see where AWJ's head was really doesn't matter. He knew there was someone down there. It was reckless if not intentional and he shouldn't have done it.

Again, it's far more clear cut than the alleged Farrell incident.
Hahaha alleged? Ask
Lucas how his ear feels.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Bahahaha.yes,alleged.

We don't need to ask AWJ how he feels because we all saw it on the video.
Did u not see Lucas get stretched off after having his head jumped on in a ruck where no one was over him so it was very visible. Unlike horwills

I don't think horwills is that clear cut mate. I can see lots of doubt. So did the original citing commissioner. Or was he payed off?

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Every time someone gets cited we all find similar occurrences to compare it to. But the process is not meant to pick up every single potential instance of foul play. You just pick the ones the refs called, and a few more 'obvious' breaches of law 10 that were missed by the officials. If you do this and pick up most of the infringements players get a clear message of what is not acceptable.

I reckon the best way to stop these post game drama's from occurring is to encourage refs to refer instances of foul play to the TMO more often. That way they can deal with it on the field and the lawyers can fuck off. :D

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Non sequitur. Players aren't under every player's feet at every ruck. It's not enough.

Not for you maybe but for a rugby player like myself, I'm not fooled by the 'I was regaining my balance' bullshit.

He raised that leg higher than any of his other previous steps, brought it down with more force and back across the other leg.

Oh...and yes, there is a player under your feet or in close vicinity at pretty much every ruck - that's almost what actually makes it a ruck.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Did u not see Lucas get stretched off after having his head jumped on in a ruck where no one was over him so it was very visible. Unlike horwills

I don't think horwills is that clear cut mate. I can see lots of doubt. So did the original citing commissioner. Or was he payed off?

I saw him getting stretchered off. I'm yet to see anyone jumping on his head. Unlike the Horwill videos where he clearly boots people in the head. Where you actually see his foot clearly and undeniably connecting with the head.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Not for you maybe but for a rugby player like myself, I'm not fooled by the 'I was regaining my balance' bullshit.

He raised that leg higher than any of his other previous steps, brought it down with more force and back across the other leg.

Oh.and yes, there is a player under your feet or in close vicinity at pretty much every ruck - that's almost what actually makes it a ruck.
Why would he raise his leg higher only to lightly hit AWJ in the gob? Wouldn't he of followed through with it if he did it on purpose.

Josh123

Bob McCowan (2)
Oh.and yes, there is a player under your feet or in close vicinity at pretty much every ruck - that's almost what actually makes it a ruck.
So essentially, any player in a ruck or maul is putting another player at risk if they lift their foot off the ground and put it back down again? If thats true, then we should ban everyone who does it, and if its not true, than your logic for horwill knowing that someone was under him lies in tatters.

As for the Farrel incident, that is just as obvious, he has a clear line of sight of the player on the ground, and more damage was done. It is in almost every way, as bad as or worse than the Horwill incident. I am not, however, too upset about the whole incident not being reported, as i would much rather watch the bloke on the field, than see him off it surrounded by lawyers.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I saw him getting stretchered off. I'm yet to see anyone jumping on his head. Unlike the Horwill videos where he clearly boots people in the head. Where you actually see his foot clearly and undeniably connecting with the head.
Have u not seen the footage of his foot landing on Lucas head a slipping off? I'm saying the horwill footage is not conclusive of intent.

Google the Ben Lucas one. I'm not the only guy saying it happend

Status
Not open for further replies.