• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

James Horwill cited for stamping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
So, this decision will be final and there are no further avenues for appeal.....

The IRB are subject to the rulings of the CAS. So the ARU could appeal this kangaroo court hearing to the CAS.

However, I'm guessing given the timeframe, we wouldn't be able to get overturned in time.

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
What if for some reason Horwill is allowed to play this weekend but banned for 2-3 weeks following, missing the Reds matches. What do Reds fans think.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The IRB are subject to the rulings of the CAS. So the ARU could appeal this kangaroo court hearing to the CAS.

However, I'm guessing given the timeframe, we wouldn't be able to get overturned in time.
Can you show me where?
My limited research suggested that this was limited to anti-doping appeals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
What if for some reason Horwill is allowed to play this weekend but banned for 2-3 weeks following, missing the Reds matches. What do Reds fans think.

The longer this series/tour has progressed the more important a Wallabies victory has become in my mind. The non-rugby fan will barely notice he is missing from the Reds but this series victory will be LEGENDARY.

R

ruggernote

Yes he's gone for third test it was a crazy decision by the citing officer, perverse decision, so orb right to get involved. It at least was reckless if not a quite cowardly attack.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
The first case went for 4hrs did it not? Just asking as I'm contemplating going to bed if this thing is likely to go past midnight. ;-)

wait up and we can all go meet horwill at burger king when its over

EDIT: sorry page hadn't refreshed, seems I was WAY too late with that joke

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
I don't know what Australia you've visited, because it very much does.

Australia is the only country in which Burger King does not operate under its own name.[3]:6 When the company set about establishing operations down under in 1971, it found that its business name was already trademarked by a takeaway food shop in Adelaide.[76] As a result, Burger King provided the Australian franchisee, Jack Cowin, with a list of possible alternative names derived from pre-existing trademarks already registered by Burger King and its then corporate parent Pillsbury, that could be used to name the Australian restaurants. Cowin selected the "Hungry Jack" brand name, one of Pillsbury's US pancake mixture products, and slightly changed the name to a possessive form by adding an apostrophe "s" forming the new name Hungry Jack's.

Dud info?

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
There was a burger King in Tweed Heads. I ate there once about 5 years ago.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Can you show me where?
My limited research suggested that this was limited to anti-doping appeals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can't find anything specific on this ipad right now. But it would be odd to appeal to a court which you haven't signed jurisdiction over to? Ie why appeal the ARU no-ban on drugs if you can't enforce the CAS decision?

Now I may be wrong, but doesn't the CAS have jurisdiction over every Olympic Sport?

Status
Not open for further replies.