• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Israel Folau can send this thread to hell and no others

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Hell isnt mentioned in the bible once. What are you even talking about?

Of course it is derogatory. And by 'crew' i assume you mean most of the country.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
In the King James Bible, the Old Testament term Sheol is translated as "Hell" 31 times, and as "the grave" 31 times. ... Modern translations typically render Sheol as "the grave", "the pit", or "death". Abaddon. The Hebrew word abaddon, meaning "destruction", is sometimes interpreted as a synonym of "Hell".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I name this thread Sheol.
databank_sarlacc_01_169_c5356bf9.jpg

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
The risk is that he tells RA to go fuck themselves and heads off to France with his new bride and eclipses the Barrett and Carter contracts.

And this is the unknown factor - contract negotiations are currently underway. Both sides have plenty to lose.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Hell isnt mentioned in the bible once. What are you even talking about?

Of course it is derogatory. And by 'crew' i assume you mean most of the country.

Most of the country was civilised about the gay marriage vote. plenty of religious people voted yes. But that doesn't mean they stopped believing the gospel of god.

What 2 people do under their own roof or out in public is their own business. Doesn't stop someone believing in their god and what is written in their bible.

I'm just arguing the fact you cannot take someones belief from them.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
If you separate out the specific issues this is probably about on par with pocock chaining himself to that digger a while back, any sanctions should probably be in the neighborhood of what he got then.

The ongoing contract negotiations complicate things though

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Well I for one hope it's an public apology and nothing else.

If sponsors like ASICS/QANTAS succumb to the angry mob mentality and pull their RU sponsorship then this Rugby fan will be wearing New Balance runners on my Greyhound bus adventures.

Reactions: dru

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
It really isn’t...

Vilifying a large group of the population based on their sexuality is not the same as an environmental protest....
I don't agree with what he's done, but with regard to code of conduct I believe they line up, particularly in the response available to RA, given this is a first offence. Any future issues should be dealt with quite harshly.

Personally I wouldn't mind at all if RA decided not to renew or to significantly reduce his Australian top up in the contract negotiations. I'm quite happy with them taking a strong stance there, where they have a bit more freedom to move.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Personally I wouldn't mind at all if RA decided not to renew or to significantly reduce his Australian top up in the contract negotiations. I'm quite happy with them taking a strong stance there, where they have a bit more freedom to move.

I don't think this is really an option available to RA. He's not going to stay for substantially less money.

RA is stuck between a rock and a hard place in that they have to castigate him but are also desperate to re-sign him.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
I don't think this is really an option available to RA. He's not going to stay for substantially less money.

RA is stuck between a rock and a hard place in that they have to castigate him but are also desperate to re-sign him.

If they did he'd almost certainly be gone, that's where the "strong stance" comes in.

But that is strictly my personal opinion and not something I expect them to do.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I don't agree with what he's done, but with regard to code of conduct I believe they line up, particularly in the response available to RA, given this is a first offence. Any future issues should be dealt with quite harshly.

This could also lead to a discrimination claim (and inevitably drivel being spewed by the Ray Hadleys, Miranda Devines, Lyle Sheltons and Andrew Bolts of this world)

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
If you separate out the specific issues this is probably about on par with pocock chaining himself to that digger a while back, any sanctions should probably be in the neighborhood of what he got then.

The ongoing contract negotiations complicate things though

Righto. I mean, setting aside my misgivings about the entire idea of 'offense' and being offended. Clearly not that many people will be overly offended by poey. Izzy tho has offended a very large group of people currently in the midst of a struggle to gain recognition.

T

TOCC

Well I for one hope it's an public apology and nothing else.

If sponsors like ASICS/QANTAS succumb to the angry mob mentality and pull their RU sponsorship then this Rugby fan will be wearing New Balance runners on my Greyhound bus adventures.

Alan Joyce is a patron of LGBTI inclusion polices, he wont be succumbing to mob mentality as you put it:

“We have a very diverse environment and a very inclusive culture,” Mr Joyce said. “And we need to show that as a brand and who we represent. We’re big sponsors of Mardi Gras; we’re big sponsors of marriage equality, Male Champions of Change and the Indigenous Reconciliation Action Plan. We live that, we breathe that, we know it makes a big difference and that is one of the things that helped me though.”

Status
Not open for further replies.