• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

ISA 2024

Pull ya socks up

Bob McCowan (2)
I want to introduce what I think is the SockHeight-Performance Interaction. In that, the Sock Height is directly proportional to the performance - only for this Waverley game as such.

On Saturday it seemed the LOWER the Sock Height the HIGHER the quality of performance. Feltham made a game-breaking run, Polley was everywhere physically, while Carruthers is a force to be reckoned with. And of course, there's the Founder of the AHSC, Mr. Bloomfield who again had himself a solid outing.

An OUTLIER though was the Aesthetic Player of The Week Alderson, who I thought kicked well and was able to steer the forwards around the 'pool', ultimately leading Oakhill to a gutsy win.

A little bit of fun to lighten the mood on the Forum, and a different way to announce my weekly Oakhill standouts.

Love Always, Rugby Enthusiast,
RahRah
Interesting take that I have been considering over the past couple of weeks. First noticed it out under the lights against Shore. I put it to bed when all 3 injuries that game were committee members. Maybe time to resurface the theory. The question is, correlation or causation?

Pull ya socks up

Bob McCowan (2)
Just to be clear, I do not stand with this theory at all, I am a strong believer that socks should be pulled up as far as they allow.

However, I have my own theory that "Sockdown" Cyrus Bloomfield, lover of all things Ankle Height is pushing his socks down agenda, creating propaganda as such to bring back some of his departing flock.

Im watching you, low-riding footloose.

Socks up and out.

JackJill

Ward Prentice (10)
Funny ;) but true! Let's move on and focus hopefully on a stronger comp next year.
I was very reliably told yesterday that next year, a new looking CAS/ISA comp would be established, ie a tier 1 and tier 2 comp!
Finger crossed!
It would be great for schoolboy rugby if so. Oaks and Auggies rugby programs seem to be flourishing and growing, not only are their opens programs successful, a multitude of their juniors have knocked off some CAS/GPS heavyweights. Would be great for competition and the overall development of boys in schools playing rugby as a whole. If they take depth first when structuring the tiers, I don't know how they would structure it, as after Waves, Oaks and Augs (maybe Stannies too) there is a big drop off on teams numbers. Interesting to see how that will work itself out. Like the idea though.

moa999

Alfred Walker (16)
Personally think given the history of the trophies and rep selections, you are better fully playing CAS and ISA comps in Term 2. Crown a champion, and select the rep sides.

Then you seed into a, say Championship and Cup division for Term 3, possibly replaying some trials or assn games.

If GPS every decides to join in the future, they can drop the 2nd round.

DaSchmooze

Bob Loudon (25)
Ok - here it is. The table that nobody wanted answering precisely no questions you had asked yourself! The CASISA Cup! Remember the rules:

1) This table is nonsense
2) Is based solely upon Term 2 trials and only ISA v CAS match ups
3) The leader board calculated via Points Average first (an unbeaten run means you averaged 3 points per game) then Difference after that

Congratulations to Barker on winning the Casisa Cup for 2024 :)

OK - start arguing in 3... 2... 1... GO!

CASISA CupPlaying:Against:Won:Lost:Drew:For:Against:Diff:Game PointsPoints Average
Barker4Kinross, Pats, Stannies, Gregs419332161123
Pius3Aloys, Cranbrook, Trinity394247093
Oakhill3Waverley, Knox, Trinity392385493
Auggies3Waverley, Cranbrook, Knox399584193
Kinross4Barker, Aloys, Trinity, Cranbrook311061006102.5
Gregs3Aloys, Trinity, Barker215453172.3
Cranbrook5Pius, Stannies, Kinross, Pats, Auggies23108128-2091.8
Knox3Oakhill, Pats, Auggies1266422451.6
Waverley3Oakhill, Auggies, Stannies125164-1351.6
Pats4Cranbrook, Trinity, Barker, Knox,136997-2861.5
Stannies3Cranbrook, Barker, Waverley32488-6431
Trinity5Pats, Pius, Oahkill, Kinross, Gregs559130-7151
Aloys3Gregs, Pius, Kinross31599-8431

ST AUGUSTINE'S OPENS TEAM OF THE WEEK!!!
Stellar performance from St Augs opens this week clean sweeping Knox. Absolute nail bitter in the 1st XV, going down to the wire, and escaping the clenching jaws of defeat! Without further ado, my opens team of the week.
Some comments for a few stand outs in bold.

1. Dane Willey (4th XV) Mr Grip socks
2. Angus Dart-Moar (3rd XV) Scrum Strong
3. Cameron Paull (2nd XV)
4. Oli Joyce (4th XV) Mr PCM's
5. Abe Whitfield (3rd XV) 2 tries (hero)
6. Lachlan Finch (3rd XV)
7. Charlie Blank (1st XV)
8. Ethan Hammond (3rd XV)
9. Austin Hulley (3rd XV) Passing to the standard of a 1st XV footballer
10. Max Jordon (2nd XV) Great control over his pack
11. Oliver McCracken (1st XV)
12. Josh Gow (3rd XV) Following brothers footsteps
13. Archibald Breakwell (1st XV) No explanation needed
14. Jacob Crotty (2nd XV) Finally got his opportunity, didn't disappoint, great tackling!
15. Oliver Mappin (5th XV)

wisemaan

Banned
ST AUGUSTINE'S OPENS TEAM OF THE WEEK!!!
Stellar performance from St Augs opens this week clean sweeping Knox. Absolute nail bitter in the 1st XV, going down to the wire, and escaping the clenching jaws of defeat! Without further ado, my opens team of the week.
Some comments for a few stand outs in bold.

1. Dane Willey (4th XV) Mr Grip socks
2. Angus Dart-Moar (3rd XV) Scrum Strong
3. Cameron Paull (2nd XV)
4. Oli Joyce (4th XV) Mr PCM's
5. Abe Whitfield (3rd XV) 2 tries (hero)
6. Lachlan Finch (3rd XV)
7. Charlie Blank (1st XV)
8. Ethan Hammond (3rd XV)
9. Austin Hulley (3rd XV) Passing to the standard of a 1st XV footballer
10. Max Jordon (2nd XV) Great control over his pack
11. Oliver McCracken (1st XV)
12. Josh Gow (3rd XV) Following brothers footsteps
13. Archibald Breakwell (1st XV) No explanation needed
14. Jacob Crotty (2nd XV) Finally got his opportunity, didn't disappoint, great tackling!
15. Oliver Mappin (5th XV)
Wow, what a performance from St Augustine's! It's fantastic to see such a strong showing across the Opens teams. Congrats to all the players who made the team of the week. Seems like there were some standout moments and players, like Abe Whitfield with those crucial tries and Austin Hulley's exceptional passing skills. And a big shoutout to Jacob Crotty for seizing his opportunity and making an impact with his tackling. Keep up the great work, St Augs!

Yours in sporting reason, A sane observer

-wisemaan

Wavesfooty2

Allen Oxlade (6)
Would also be interested if anyone has any idea.
I’m not overly certain on a team or two teams but this could be a backline.
ISA 1’s Backline
9. Blank
10. Conti
11. McCracken
12. Walsh
13. Holmes
14. Berryman
15. Woods
Personally I think Walsh is just too good at game managing, kicking and i think he is just better at 10 than 12,
I think you put Harvey at 12

1. Galluzzo
2. Osbourne / Muriti
3. Carruthers
4. Alloggia
5.?
6.?
7. Blank (C)
8. Polley / Rylands
9. Blank
10. Walsh
11. Berryman
12. Harvey
13. Holmes
14. McCracken
15. Woods

Ruckonnnn

Frank Row (1)
Terrible conditions for the Greg's vs Aloys game on Saturday, possibly the wettest pitch I've seen since back in the 90's. Greg's only just scraped through as a result of poor discipline and errors, clearly many of their boys have league backgrounds. I am yet to see them maintain the same starting lineup, notably with their starting 9, 13, and 8 out.

Does anyone know if any Greg's players are in representative league teams?

Thatrugbyguy

Frank Row (1)
Terrible conditions for the Greg's vs Aloys game on Saturday, possibly the wettest pitch I've seen since back in the 90's. Greg's only just scraped through as a result of poor discipline and errors, clearly many of their boys have league backgrounds. I am yet to see them maintain the same starting lineup, notably with their starting 9, 13, and 8 out.

From what I've heard in conversation St Greg's has a lot of injuries, lot of leagies and an unreliable squad. I'm sure that when we see some consistency around the starting team we'll see it reflect on the field. With CCC league upcoming, many of greg's best players will be out, particularly their 12 and 6

Thatrugbyguy

Frank Row (1)

Nothing beats the flooding at rat park back in 2013

RahRahRugby

Herbert Moran (7)
Personally I think Walsh is just too good at game managing, kicking and i think he is just better at 10 than 12,
I think you put Harvey at 12

1. Galluzzo
2. Osbourne / Muriti
3. Carruthers
4. Alloggia
5.?
6.?
7. Blank (C)
8. Polley / Rylands
9. Blank
10. Walsh
11. Berryman
12. Harvey
13. Holmes
14. McCracken
15. Woods
Will be a heavily Oakhill/Augustines team this year. I think Muriti gets the nod for hooker while the Number 8 battle could be tense.

I agree with the whole backline, and the fact of having Walsh at 10 and then Harvey at 12 and Holmes at 13, just no position left for Conti, which is disappointing considering the player he is.

Ryan Scott, the Oakhill 7 could be a good shout for that vacant flanker spot, with a great trial period.

Will be a strong ISA Team this year, hopefully they can put in some good performances against the other associations.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
What would the two tiers in a CAS/ISA be based on? Is it 1st XV, overall programm, or self selecting. A school like Barker has a good 1st XV, but can't put teams out in the underages.
The IGGSA model is that individual schools self-nominate for each team into a particular division, but subject to regrading if not appropriate.

Where the system runs in other boys sports, the individual association competitions are run first and them the top 3 from each go into Div 1 and the bottom go into Div 2. Any grade or age group which is a 'competition grade' i.e. playing for a trophy, is done this way. Everyone else follows the 1sts draw. Logistically it's too difficult schools to have their teams spread across too many venues. Most of the stronger schools (other than Barker it seems) have broadly similar number of teams down through the ages because strength at the top is normally a function of depth at the bottom.

Reactions: ISA