• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

ISA 2024

RahRahRugby

Herbert Moran (7)
ISA ROUND THE GROUNDS

BEST...SchoolImage
HOME GROUNDOakhill
Located on site with plenty of grass to sit on. Great viewing from almost any point as well as all fields in close proximity to each other, and most importantly, in close proximity to the BBQ.
oakhill.jpg
BBQ (MOST IMPORTANT)Oakhill
Great variety, never light on the bacon and the BBQ Dads never mind a cheeky chin wag. Always a good time when you get to visit Oakhill.
bbq.png
1ST XV JERSEYSt Patrick's
A clean all black jersey, matched with the black shorts and socks. Silky look might I say....
1717069814312.png
AWAY TRIPSt Stanislaus':
Who doesn't love the away trip to Hogwarts? Boys on the bus at 4am, immaculate vibes and always a great day when visiting. Nothing beats the Maccas trip on the way home.
stannies.jpg
SUPPORTERSTIED (OAKHILL AND STANNIES)
Both schools always show up in numbers for home games. Stannies definitely get the edge for away games as they always travel as a group, although it's difficult to go past that Oakhill crowd on Gala Day.
oakhill.png
1717066563947.png
RIVALRYOakhill vs St Augustines
Hard to go past this one. Almost every year these two have been competitng for that Rugby premiership. The rivalry extends through all grades, as well as through different sports. Certainly will be the game of this year at Rat Park in a couple months time.
Screen Shot 2024-05-28 at 9.22.01 pm.png

All my own opinion and would love to add categories, and hear everyone else's opinion about the best ____.

Love Always, Rugby Enthusiast
RahRah

Last edited:

number8bro

Bob McCowan (2)
ISA ROUND THE GROUNDS

BEST...SchoolImage
HOME GROUNDOakhill
Located on site with plenty of grass to sit on. Great viewing from almost any point as well as all fields in close proximity to each other, and most importantly, in close proximity to the BBQ.
View attachment 19108
Great variety, never light on the bacon and the BBQ Dads never mind a cheeky chin wag. Always a good time when you get to visit Oakhill.
View attachment 19109
A clean all black jersey, matched with the black shorts and socks. Silky look might I say....
View attachment 19110
AWAY TRIPSt Stanislaus':
Who doesn't love the away trip to Hogwarts? Boys on the bus at 4am, immaculate vibes and always a great day when visiting. Nothing beats the Maccas trip on the way home.
View attachment 19111
Both schools always show up in numbers for home games. Stannies definitely get the edge for away games as they always travel as a group, although it's difficult to go past that Oakhill crowd on Gala Day.
View attachment 19107
RIVALRYOakhill v St Augustine's
Hard to go past this one. Almost every year these two have been competing for that rugby premiership. The rivalry extends through all grades, as well as through different sports. Certainly will be the game of this year at Rat Park in a couple months time.
View attachment 19106

All my own opinion and would love to add categories, and hear everyone else's opinion about the best ____.

RahRah
Never had a bad day down at Oxford Falls, pitch (main) is always in top condition whether it's wet or dry.

WLF3

Watty Friend (18)
Stop lying to yourself
Wow you appear to be claiming rock star status again for your team, before they defeat all comers.
I might add, this years talent generally isn't anywhere near as good as previous years, IMO.
But you can only beat what is in front of you, so best of luck to the boys from Auggies, and all schools.

WLF3

Watty Friend (18)
Perhaps Waverley and Knox would be interested in moving to ISA? ;)
If Barker invested in their juniors throw them a boat as well
Guys, call the new comp what you will CAS/ISA, how about CIS, now that's a marketing idea(funny that) but who cares as long as the comp is balanced and every/nearly every game is balanced.

keith the bridgekeeper

Bob McCowan (2)
Hi All, as a proud rugby enthusiast like all of you are. I come from the gps forum asking a question or 2. That being you guys have 7 schools competing for the isa shield correct? That creates 3 games! What happens to the other school do they get a bye in between? Hope someone can help.

-Keith protecting the Shoreman Bridge

Desmond

Stan Wickham (3)
Hi All, as a proud rugby enthusiast like all of you are. I come from the gps forum asking a question or 2. That being you guys have 7 schools competing for the isa shield correct? That creates 3 games! What happens to the other school do they get a bye in between? Hope someone can help.

-Keith protecting the Shoreman Bridge
yes they all get a bye

DaSchmooze

Bob Loudon (25)
ISA ROUND THE GROUNDS

BEST...SchoolImage
HOME GROUNDOakhill
View attachment 19108
View attachment 19109
View attachment 19110
AWAY TRIPSt Stanislaus':
View attachment 19111
View attachment 19112View attachment 19107
RIVALRYOakhill vs St Augustines
Hard to go past this one. Almost every year these two have been competitng for that Rugby premiership. The rivalry extends through all grades, as well as through different sports. Certainly will be the game of this year at Rat Park in a couple months time.
View attachment 19106

RahRah

I'll go out on a limb and argue that the best ISA rivalries lie outside of the ISA!

Oakhill/Barker - Hills rivalry not all that old but always tense - especially seeing that there has always been chat around one school pilfering the other of talent

Pats/Trinity - a rivalry that dates back decades. Both schools could lose every other game in the year. but if they beat the other, it was a great season.

Kinross/TAS - The two distant country cousins ripping each other to shreds

Pius/Aloys - who owns the blue and gold? The Ross Fagan Shield up for grabs

Auggies/Waverley - I'd argue a fairly recent phenomenon but a battle of the beaches is always a good game

Stannies and Gregs? I'm sure they have an opponent they love to beat too