• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

IRB Sevens 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
The crowd at Glasgow is so pitiful that it would not be out of place at a Shute Shield venue.

And yours truly complained about the miserable crowd at Gold Coast 7's version 1.

I apologise to the organisers of Gold Coast 7's and withdraw my previous criticism.

On comparison Gold Coast had a Carlton v Collingwood crowd in proportion.

The bloody oval doesn't look much better that Rat Park with a few temporary scaffolding stands on the other side and a marquee or two down behind the goalposts.

The Glasgow council and RU had better be ponying up a motza for this.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
The Fijians have just put a 7 pointer on against the Soap Dodgers. Come on Fiji.

Edit: 1/2 time and the Soap Dodgers do exactly what they are well known for doing (and one of the reasons we hate/respect them for - Not giving up and playing every second of the match. They score after the siren and lead at 1/2 time 12-7 having dominated most of the first half.

Edit 2: the Soap Dodgers progress with a Penalty kick in extra time after a tight match 15-12.

Fiji Exit the Cup.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
NZ just beat Argentina to take the 2012/2013 Seven's crown.
Not a bad tournament so far for them, 141 PF, 15 against

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
They just showed a graphic which outlined Series winners since 1999 (or thereabouts). NZ have won ever Series except 3 IIRC. Fiji, Samoa, Saffer were the only blots in their copybook. I don't think even the NZ 15 aside rugby team has been so dominant.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Us vs Samoa. Bowl QF.

James Stannard scores meat. Unconverted. 5-0 after 2 minutes
Touapo gets more meat. unconverted 10 - 0 5 minutes gone. Samoa haven't seen Gilbert.
Pesamino (Sam) responds - unconverted. 10-5. Can't give these SAM boys any pill.
Oranges.

Us 10, Them 5.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Clarkies Boy regains the lead for the good guys and is converted Us 17 them 12 right on the siren.

Bloody lucky. We are in the Bowl Final.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
They just showed a graphic which outlined Series winners since 1999 (or thereabouts). NZ have won ever Series except 3 IIRC. Fiji, Samoa, Saffer were the only blots in their copybook. I don't think even the NZ 15 aside rugby team has been so dominant.
We smashed them a couple of times when we got our injured players back. Dominant? No. Consistent? Yes

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
We smashed them a couple of times when we got our injured players back. Dominant? No. Consistent? Yes

Rassie, 11 series wins out of 14 is dominant and consistent. Odd games that you have smashed us does not make NZ any less dominant. The trick for you is to smash us using your replacement players, and not make the excuse of injuries. For example, we just snuck past the Malvinas with three top players out.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Rassie, 11 series wins out of 14 is dominant and consistent. Odd games that you have smashed us does not make NZ any less dominant. The trick for you is to smash us using your replacement players, and not make the excuse of injuries. For example, we just snuck past the Malvinas with three top players out.
It makes you consistent mate. Winning by a score or a couple of points do not make you dominant. Dominant is when you steam roll everything before you and the fact that you did not win it half way through already says that you were not that dominant.

Unfortunately we do not have Islands where we can Cherry picks guys who are born with muscles on their muscles and we do not have the freedom to select our best teams due to political constraints. But even with all that we still stay competitive and still put 40 past you guys haha

But all jokes aside congrats. You guys deserved it. Harlem Globetrotter style from the Kiwi's is a winning a formula. Just a shame you guys forgot how to defend a maul in the 15 man game!

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
It makes you consistent mate. Winning by a score or a couple of points do not make you dominant. Dominant is when you steam roll everything before you and the fact that you did not win it half way through already says that you were not that dominant.

Unfortunately we do not have Islands where we can Cherry picks guys who are born with muscles on their muscles and we do not have the freedom to select our best teams due to political constraints. But even with all that we still stay competitive and still put 40 past you guys haha

But all jokes aside congrats. You guys deserved it. Harlem Globetrotter style from the Kiwi's is a winning a formula. Just a shame you guys forgot how to defend a maul in the 15 man game!

LOL Rassie. The 40 point game was not the winning margin now, was it. I believe we scored 27, so a respectful margin of just 13. I just can't figure out why, with 434,000 registered players in Saffa land, you can't find any with "muscles on their muscles". Have you not seen the muscles on the beast? Oh wait, you cherry picked him from Zimbabwe...

I'll happy to stick with both consistent and dominant Rassie. We have dominated the 14 world series, and we have been consistent in winning 11 of them!

BTW, congrats on good win over the soapdodgers-see you in the final maybe?

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
LOL Rassie. The 40 point game was not the winning margin now, was it. I believe we scored 27, so a respectful margin of just 13. I just can't figure out why, with 434,000 registered players in Saffa land, you can't find any with "muscles on their muscles". Have you not seen the muscles on the beast? Oh wait, you cherry picked him from Zimbabwe.

I'll happy to stick with both consistent and dominant Rassie. We have dominated the 14 world series, and we have been consistent in winning 11 of them!

BTW, congrats on good win over the soapdodgers-see you in the final maybe?
Beast is 90 roids 10 percent gym

I said we put 40 on you not the points difference but it was a smashing. We gave you two tries cause we were busy celebrating already after the smashing.

434000? Nah about 200 000 of them have a Bulls contract. And you must remember out of every 15 white guys you must throw away 5 white guys. So how many register players are we left with?

You see. I don't mind losing. I went to a small school which was not rich nor had any sponsors gyms and a long list of Springboks that went to school there which it bragged about. We took what we had and we played our hearts out. We won some we lost some and out of losing you learn most of life's lessons. I am proud of that because winnning most of the time over a long period of time and allowing it to be a habit rather than a lesson makes one obsess with winning. Like a drug the longer you use it the harder it is to get off it. Something the Kiwi's have not realize but that obsession is becoming a triad. Don't take it the bad way but we all got a bad one just be it they are all different.

Hansie Cronje went to one of those fancy schools. Grey College. Never lost a game in his life there. You know what happened to him. So I am glad we lose now and then. SO we can learn a lesson and stay honest. You should to embrace those losses now and again as its what will keep a team honest. Once the obsession take over pressure mounts and then they will do anything to win or make up ridiculous stories which they as excuses as the public was spoiled and to lift the pressure of them.

Always remember that.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Beast is 90 roids 10 percent gym

I said we put 40 on you not the points difference but it was a smashing. We gave you two tries cause we were busy celebrating already after the smashing.

434000? Nah about 200 000 of them have a Bulls contract. And you must remember out of every 15 white guys you must throw away 5 white guys. So how many register players are we left with?

You see. I don't mind losing. I went to a small school which was not rich nor had any sponsors gyms and a long list of Springboks that went to school there which it bragged about. We took what we had and we played our hearts out. We won some we lost some and out of losing you learn most of life's lessons. I am proud of that because winnning most of the time over a long period of time and allowing it to be a habit rather than a lesson makes one obsess with winning. Like a drug the longer you use it the harder it is to get off it. Something the Kiwi's have not realize but that obsession is becoming a triad. Don't take it the bad way but we all got a bad one just be it they are all different.

Hansie Cronje went to one of those fancy schools. Grey College. Never lost a game in his life there. You know what happened to him. So I am glad we lose now and then. SO we can learn a lesson and stay honest. You should to embrace those losses now and again as its what will keep a team honest. Once the obsession take over pressure mounts and then they will do anything to win or make up ridiculous stories which they as excuses as the public was spoiled and to lift the pressure of them.

Always remember that.

Thanks for the sermon :)

I think the Hurricanes will heed your advice after yesterdays thrashing and be very honest from now on

See you in the final mate.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Thanks for the sermon :)

I think the Hurricanes will heed your advice after yesterdays thrashing and be very honest from now on

See you in the final mate.
You know why I said that. I love history. And do you know what is the hardest thing to find in the world next to a open minded Blue Bull fan? Team photo's of a losing AB side. I kid you not lol. You will find more chicken teeth than finding that on the net

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
You know why I said that. I love history. And do you know what is the hardest thing to find in the world next to a open minded Blue Bull fan? Team photo's of a losing AB side. I kid you not lol. You will find more chicken teeth than finding that on the net

Rassie if you like history, Sky sports here in sans-soap land today showcased the '71 lions and 73 lions. 2 matches Aus (Reds and Waratahs), and 22 in NZ including 4 tests. Interestingly Reds won 15-11
22 matches in saffa land, incl. 4 tests.
Great coverage, all in black and white, and some very long muttonchop sideboards to boot!

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Septics stepped it up against the Malvinas, 17-7, takes out the plate. Well done Aus for the bowl also, and to the French for the shield. Good to see teams like Russia improving rapidly-feeling that the Olympics will be an absolute cracker.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Edit: 1/2 time and the Soap Dodgers do exactly what they are well known for doing (and one of the reasons we hate/respect them for - Not giving up and playing every second of the match. They score after the siren

They just did it again, last minute win over Wales for third place. Gingers in abundance.

Speaking of England as we were, 70,000 tickets sold already for next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.