• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

IRB Sevens 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Rassie if you like history, Sky sports here in sans-soap land today showcased the '71 lions and 73 lions. 2 matches Aus (Reds and Waratahs), and 22 in NZ including 4 tests. Interestingly Reds won 15-11
22 matches in saffa land, incl. 4 tests.
Great coverage, all in black and white, and some very long muttonchop sideboards to boot!
Yeah mate. I have done that as well.

Proper reflection on British rugby in general would have revealed that rugby in the United Kingdom was on an upward curve and that a significant transformation took place in how they approach the game. England for example toured to South Africa in 1972 beating the Springboks in a one-off test and then followed it up by beating the All Blacks in 1973 in New Zealand; revealing that the 1972 victory over the Springboks was not a flux and/or the results of South Africa being poor on the day.

They won 21 out of their 22 matches here
1974-Summary648-1024x718_zps6dfbc66c.jpg

While we on history. Not many sides had the luxury of beating the All Blacks. But Rhodesia (Zimbabwe) managed it. Not many know that.

Also my team Western Province (Stormers) have achieved something that no other SA team have been able to match. That is double victories of NZ in 1928 and 1976. Stormers off course was first to beat all 5 Kiwi teams in Super Rugby 2010. Think a feat the Reds managed to achieve in 2011 and this year. Province have also beaten the Wallabies, drew with England and beaten the British and Irish Lions 3 times in 1903 and won another match in 1924, the match then had been regarded as "test" status.

So ugm ugm 28 - 21 another can of Saffer whip ass opened on the dominating Kiwi's haha

On the head to head this year it is South Africa 4 NZ 1

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
London 7's Pools
Pool A
SAF
USA
AUS
FRA

Pool B
NZL
WAL
CAN
KEN

Pool C
ENG
ARG
FJI
SAM

Core Team Qualifer
Pool A
SCO
HKG
ZIM
GEO

Pool B
ESP
POR
YON
RUS

It never gets any easier does it!

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
London 7's Pools
Pool A
SAF
USA
AUS
FRA

Pool B
NZL
WAL
CAN
KEN

Pool C
ENG
ARG
FJI
SAM

Core Team Qualifer
Pool A
SCO
HKG
ZIM
GEO

Pool B
ESP
POR
YON
RUS

It never gets any easier does it!

I'd rather be playing in Pool A than Pool C. Pool B looks the weakest, but there's not much in it between them and Pool A!

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
B look weak? Canada almost beat us in this past tournament. A try in stoppage time it took to beat the Canadians. The Kenyans already have the scalps of the Kiwi's Aussies and Fijians and other top nations if I am not mistaken. They are in fifth and are having a cracking year. Wales are a tournament winner this year as well if I am not mistaken as well. So in short there is nothing as a easy group in 7's anymore!

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
Pool A: 331 pts
Pool B: 382 pts
Pool C: 356 pts

draw your own conclusions:p

Pool A has a clear frontrunner (SA), one mystery team (France), one team that should do better, but doesn't (AUS), and one team that should do worse, but doesn't (USA)

Pool B has NZ as favourite, and the other three pretty much on par in my book

Pool C can be won by anyone, though you'd normally expect Fiji, but they're not doing so well this year for some reason. I think England will be 1st, Fiji 2nd. Samoa probably 3rd.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Finally got around to watching the recording last night. Great effort by the Thunderbolts to win against Samoa and Kenya.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
So, as millions around the world watch on :))) in this new age of Sevens popularity, Australia loses 5-0 to Seth Efrica in their first pool game in London.

Hallo. Is anybody there?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
I have a site thanks qwerty. Gaggerland protocols don't allow mentioning streaming sites unless they are the authorised streams.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Us vs the Septics NOW

And Septica scores. They fluff a simple kick. USA 5 AUS 0

Oranges:
Septica 10 Strines 7
Thompson scores a hat trick for Septics 15 - 7
Ed Jenkins scores for thunderbolts 15 - 12 too little too late
Try after the siren to win after cynical (inexperienced) play from USA to hit the ball dead.
All they needed to do for the victory was fall on the pill but instead it was Penalty to AUS who score in the corner and convert to take the game 19-15.

Very lucky win, but I'll take it.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
yep Hugh, Gilbert = tries

Huge Kenyan support in the stands

edit; NZ tops pool b after thumping Wales 45-5, Kenya 2nd. Well done AUS and USA for topping their pool at the expense of the Saffas.

Huge crowd very vocal, booing anything that moved to start with. It seems like they are too drunk collectively to boo anything in the dying stages of the day :D

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
London Cup QF
NZL v ARG
KEN v FIJ
AUS v USA
ENG v SAF

After a tough start, we qualify as top in Pool A, and end up on the other side of the Draw as the Darkness.
Soap Dodgers look sharp, USA gave us a good scare in pool play, Saffers have Cecil Afrika playing so they are a real danger.

Nothing easy from here on in.

Live of Foxtel from 7:30 pm tonight.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Impressed by the USA today but they blew it against Australia and should have topped the pool. Expecting the typical Day 2 implosion by the Eagles.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
One of the best days of sevens I've seen. All the quarter finals look exciting as well, predicting the semis will be NZL v KEN and AUS v ENG.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Bloody hell, the Darkness have murdered Los Argies 52 - 5 in the opening QF.

They seemed to do it at a dawdle.

Kenya vs the Wizards from Fiji next. This should be a belter. Speed and power.

Status
Not open for further replies.