• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

IRB Sevens 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Who would want to be an England Rugby 7's jumper collector?

It would cost an absolute fortune to stay current.

Another not particularly attractive version being used in Tokyo.

churchills cigar

Peter Burge (5)
Well I am now Officially worried.
Spotted wearing official team regalia and with the Aussie team on the sidelines was non other than Dr. Death himself, David Nucifora.
I really hop that is not a preview of the new Director of Sevens Rugby

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Half time in the Bronze Medal Match.

AUS 12 Les Frogge 7

Clarkie's Boy gets some meat at the start of the second half.

Final Score Aus 31 Frogge 7. Bronze Medal to Australia.

churchills cigar

Peter Burge (5)
Well done Aussie lads for taking third place.
This weekend the side played the best consistent sevens rugby (from an Aussie team) I have seen for a long, long time

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
And the Winner is SAF. 24 - 19 over the Darkness 7's.

NZL 132 Series Points
SAF 100
FIJI 98

Little wonder that the SAF performance improves when Cecil Afrika is back in the team.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Part of the reason must have to do with the ability of the various squads to adjust to the travel, the different conditions, living arrangements at what are a wide range of locations. Not to mention injuries, form, tactics, you name it. Let's face it, the Sevens circuit is always going to put huge demands on all the teams. Inconsistency is a given.
I know but do you see a Kiwi team not making it past the first round? We have 1 injury and we look worse than Shitbekizthan.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Watching the 7s in Tokyo on TV. My son saw the field advertising for HSBC and asked where the Waratahs were. He's 3 years old. Shows the power of advertising.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Glasgow 7's Draw made
Pool C = AUS, FIJI, ARG, SPAIN.

Wobs 7's team announced for Glascow 7s for next weekend (4/5 May).

No Cusack or Parahi due to injuries from Tokyo.

1Cam Clark, St. Ives, NSW, Northern Suburbs, NSW
2Con Foley (C), Fairfield, QLD, University of Queensland, QLD
3Pama Fou, Gailes, QLD, Wests, ACT
4Allan Fa’alava’au, Dandenong, VIC, Endeavour Hills, VIC
5Jordan Tuapou, Cleveland, QLD, Easts Tigers, QLD
6Peter Schuster, Liverpool, NSW, Northern Suburbs, NSW
7Will Miller, Berry, NSW, Northern Suburbs, NSW
8Lewis Holland, Braidwood, NSW, Queanbeyan Whites, ACT
9Nick Malouf, Brisbane, QLD, Sunnybank. QLD
10Sam Figg, Pymble, NSW, Northern Suburbs, NSW
11Laloifi Junior Laloifi, Brisbane, QLD, Sunnybank, QLD
12James Stannard, Perth, WA, Souths, QLD

Full announcement here: http://www.rugby.com.au/sevens/News/NewsArticle/tabid/1754/ArticleID/8956/Default.aspx

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Yet again, some new boys. How does the selection process work, I wonder to myself, given that we do not have a domestic 7s circuit?

T

TOCC

Gold Coast 7's has changed its dates for next year to avoid clashing with the Coolangatta Gold event.. That should add about 100 people to the crowd!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Yet again, some new boys. How does the selection process work, I wonder to myself, given that we do not have a domestic 7s circuit?

Establishing one of those would probably be one to the key jobs for the proposed Director of Sevens.

It had better NOT be Nuci!

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
As usual, very little interest in the IRB Sevens, apparently.

The Thunderbolts are in the Bowl, lost to both Fiji and Argentina.

For the few diehards, do not forget that Fox Sports will show the final day live tonight from 1930.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Ok, there are only 5 Smurfs and one Mario brother in the crowd. Hang your head in shame Glasgow. Why they were given an IRB leg when continental Europe doesn't have one is beyond me.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Ok, there are only 5 Smurfs and one Mario brother in the crowd. Hang your head in shame Glasgow. Why they were given an IRB leg when continental Europe doesn't have one is beyond me.

Yeah, I agree...although I worked couple years ago there when it was at Murrayfield...but I feel that a greater interest would lie in southern Europe somewhere, Glasgow doesn't offer much post match really.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
They invented 7s, I presume that's why. Should go to Lisbon or Madrid.
Good point. That's probably the reason its still in Scotland. I know that Glasgow bid for it because they want some internationl events before next year's Commonwealth Games.

Perhaps they should put it in the Borders (Melrose) if they want to be true to the roots of the game. Met quite a few from the region (men and woen) and they are certainly passionate about rugby.

In saying that Spain or Portugal would certainly attract some travelling British fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.