• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Dunno if you guys do this but I'm basing my team on my Fantasy Cup's opponent's team. 75% are the same players so I'm making sure the different ones count.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I reckon the Clan could cut through the Rebels midfield with Morty out, so I am seriously thinking of bringing in Slade at the last minute for Diggers (my plan had been to bring in Gits for Diggers this week, then Slade next week). Actually, I am thinking I might can my Chiliboy out for Ged Robinson transfer, and drop Beale for Gits, and Diggers for Slade. Risky, but may pay off.

Not only that, but I am seriously thinking of benching Schmoo for Payne.

So my two teams are either:
Option 1:
JC JVR, Big Mac, (Myth)
Ged Robinson, (Battleship)
F vdM, Chris Jack (my smokey), (Sykes)
Whiteley, Thomson, Saffy, (Alberts)
Pretorius, (Phipps)
Bieber, Beale, Gits, (Savea)
Schmoo, SBW (c), Poki, (Payne)

OR

JC JVR, Big Mac, (Myth)
Chiliboy, (Battleship)
F vdM, Chris Jack (my smokey), (Sykes)
Whiteley, Thomson, Saffy, (Alberts)
Bieber, Gits, Slade, (Savea)
Payne, SBW (c), Poki, (Schmoo)

What do you guys think? I could also dump Saffy for Vito (but can't quite afford Messam), or not dump Diggers - but I don't think Diggers will score big in the next two or so week.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm bringing in TPN and making him captain. Got a feeling he will score and rack up the points. I'm thinking Beale might fire after his decision?

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Yeah Ash I like Slade but am a bit hesitant to bring him in just yet. He has played only two games, and we haven't had enough time to determine whether last week was just a flash in the pan.

But Cipriani misses so many tackles, and Hilgendorf isn't much better. You may have talked me into it!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Screw it, taking the risk, seeing as Baabaa seems to agree.

Here's my risky side:

JC JvR, Big Mac, (Myth)
Chiliboy, (Battleship)
Franco vdM, Chris Jack, (Sykes)
Whiteley, Thomson, Saffy, (AlbertS)
Pretorius, (Phipps)
Bieber, Crabman, the WonderSlave, er, Slade, (Savea)
Schmoo, SBW (c), Poki, (Payne)

Payne may be subbed at late notice for Schmoo. Bit more risky for me this week, may or may not pay off.

Disgustingly I have $579k in the bank. Will be selling Savea and Saffy for much more expensive (and higher scoring) players next week I think. Chiliboy for Robinson will also eventually happen.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
My side this week:

JC JvR, Alexander (May)
Mealamu (Chili)
Sharpe, Campbell (Sykes)
Thomson (c), Vito, Robinson (Saffy)
Burgo (Phipps)
Giteau, Slade, Beale (Fourie)
Dagg, SBW, Poki (Mitchell)

Just give me the grand now.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The grand is clearly going to:

Jamie, WP Nel
TPN (c)
Sharpe, Bekker
Lam, Thomson, Whiteley
Burgess
Beale, Toeava, Doppies
SBW, Poki, Maitland

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
My team this week is:

MacKintosh, Toby Smith (Blaauw - get rid of soon)
Mealamu (Faainga)
Ali Campbell (no - not the UB40 lead singer), Josh Bekhuis (Matfield) Lock is a position I need to improve on in the next week or so
Thompson, Kaino, Whiteley (Strauss - get rid of)
Phipps (Pretorius...should I start with Pretorius???)
Doppies, Toeava, Giteau (Beale)
Poki, SBW, Mitchell (Mike Harris)

Need to get a more reliable lock in the next transfers.....

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Pretorius is tough one, I thought long and hard about him but I figured after his great showings against the Blues and Highlanders the other Kiwi team would be more aware of him and shut him down. Probably over analyzed I know.

It's annoying to have everyone selecting the same players.. Thomson, SBW, Poki etc. can't blame them.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
I have gone with/am stuck with

MacKintosh, Kepu (palmer)
Ged R (BDP)
Al Campbell, Chis (matfield)
Thompson, Higgers, Kaino (Minnie)
Phipps (kerr)
Beale (c), Slade, Carter (I know), (Grant)
SBW, Poki, Fruen (Mitchell)

so my big calls to regain some ground are - fruen in for mitchell - mitchell's in good form but against the blues may struggle,

and Beale as (c) - players always go well after a big announcement (AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) aside...)

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Pretorius is tough one, I thought long and hard about him but I figured after his great showings against the Blues and Highlanders the other Kiwi team would be more aware of him and shut him down. Probably over analyzed I know.

It's annoying to have everyone selecting the same players.. Thomson, SBW, Poki etc. can't blame them.

Yeah...pisses me off a little bit cos I think I had Poki in my original team but he then got injured so I got of him....glad to say I've had Thompson from Day 1 as with Mealamu and Kaino and Toeava - yep, BLUES supporter to the death....lol

OzSash

Allen Oxlade (6)
Good luck all!

Mitchell absolutely fucked my planning today with dropping Franco VdM to the bench so couldn't do the subs I had originally anticipated. Bastard.

Anywho ... ended up dropping Beale for Gits, replaced Saffy with Whitely and Eldstat for Campbell. Retained all my Shorks on the bench so I don't get screwed on price next week. Don't have a good feeling about this week for some reason.

Of course, SBW for cpt.

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)

I looked at it another way. Pretorius has had good showings against other kiwi teams, and the Hurricanes have been abysmal. Being back home after the road trip, I'm expecting (hoping) Pretorius to have a big one.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Might have missed something...but Dan Carter is now off the injured list in the fantasy team comp?

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I've stuck with SBW as captain.

I'm sure now Poki will run in 3 tries against the Rebels.

Status
Not open for further replies.