• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
BTW, Brumbies Cheetahs and Stormers on a bye next week...I could buy Jack (for O'Neill), Gits (for Ioane) and Messam (for Saffy) but gets left with $11k and the need to sub Gits the following week.

edit: Slade looks like a good bet too, but against the Rebels at home who knows what could happen?

dudebudstud

Ward Prentice (10)
I am hesitant to bring Carter back. It would mean I would have a very common backline (Gits, Carter, Beale, SBW, Poki, Schmoo), and to win the big bikkies (as well as move high in the overall comp) you need to take a punt and find the lesser known player that will score big. I like the look of Colin Slade, but am open to other suggestions.

Think I might boot out Beau as well. Was going to bring in Nasi Manu last week, but unwisely opted against it- he scored about 40 points more than Beau. If I do bring in Manu though it meas I have 4 Highlanders, and they can be a bit flaky. Again open to backrow suggestions here.

I agree. At this point teams are starting to look a lot alike and if you want to move up you have to pick that one guy no one has that is gonna score big points, and at the same time hope one of the popular selections falters.

This is my team as of last week. I think I am going to transfer out one of my inside backs to free up some money, but not sure who to get rid of. Also I need to replace Palu who is out with an injury. Do I go the obvious route and pick Adam Thomson? I have a feeling about Gareth Delve this week, and he's fairly inexpensive. Perhaps I can pick him up and then use the extra cash to replace Beau Robinson or Joshua Strauss.

If I sell Palu, O'Connor and Beau, I can probably pickup Delve, Adam Thomson and a cheap inside back to sit on the bench.

Thoughts?

Props - Jamie McIntosh, Sekope Kepu (Laurie Weeks)
Hooker - Bismark Du Plessis (Chilliboy Rallepelle)
Locks - Brad Thorn, Nathan Sharpe (Bakkies Botha)
Backrows - Wycliff Palu, Matt Todd, Beau Robinson (Joshua Strauss)
Scrumhalf - Will Genia (Nick Phipps)
Inside backs - Kurtley Beale, Matt Giteau, James O'Connor (Dan Carter)
Outside backs - Kade Poki, Drew Mitchell, Sonny Bill Williams (Shaun Treeby)

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I would definitely have Thomson. Everyone may have him, but with a player like him you'd probably be worse off not having him. Use your other players for smokeys, and keep consistent high scores like Thomson around as the core of the team.

I'd look to pick up a cheap second row as well, as the locks don't tend to earn a lot (the best lock F vdM is only consistently scoring low- to mid 20s), and I had Genia and sold him for Pretorius (or Burgess might've been the better choice) to pick up another $200k.

Seeing as apparently Dan Carter is out (according to Barbarian), I wouldn't sell Bieber at this stage.

Replacing Palu with Thomson, though, would be a smart move to begin with.

Actually, Palu for Thomson, Genia for Pretorius or Burgess, and Chiliboy for, say, Ged Robinson would probably not cost much, if anything, and get you a decent starting team this week. Then you can continue to clean up next week when you will have 4 transfers.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
And to continue my stream of posts, a few smokeys for the week could be Stormers players, as they take on the Lions, who were woeful last week and the Stormers will be out looking to avenge their loss to the Reds. The Stormers forwards in particular will be looking to man up, so maybe their backs might get some space this week. qwerty may have been a week early on his Fourie call.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
@Dude,
BdP on a bye this week so you, like me, would be hoping for lots of minutes from Chillyboy.
Consider dropping Todd before Beau - Richie is back and no-one knows how that will play out. With the form of Todd, Richie might come on at 6 / 8... but who knows.
Delve had great early season form but has tailed off into a reliable 20 points now. Though, he's had a week off and after speaking to G&GR last night will be pumped for this match.

@BaaBaa - is that Dan Carter who has done another hamstring, or was that Tom Carter?

dudebudstud

Ward Prentice (10)
Maybe I'll dump D. Carter, Palu and Chilliboy. Then pick up Thomson, a cheap inside back for the bench, and a replacement hooker( I'm thinking Ged Robinson). I think They'll keep Todd in the starting lineup, hes played really well in McCaw's absense.

I still have my heart on Delve, I just have a feeling he's gonna have a big week.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
i was thinking of plugging in d carter for ioane based on the rumors that he almost played last week so i figured he'd be pretty fit. plus it's not hard for him to score points when the saders are on their game. but now i'm sort of at a loss. i'd consider toeava but i don't like him as much. has a blinder but then can be pretty average. plus what are the chances that ioane is that shit two weeks in a row?

i'm also feeling a bit pinched wit the sharks out. the chiliboy play is something i'm considering. the stormers had a load of lineouts with genia/cooper kicking them around the park, which always helps a hookers score. but if the reds keep ball in hand this week it could be very different.

todd is still starting but those days may be numbered with mccaw on the bench. you figure he'll get subbed at about the 50 minute mark this week. not ideal. but i'd like to replace him most with alberts. no help there. maybe lam at a low price. or saffy. nasi manu could be a good play but i've already got thomson and i'm against having 2 from the same team at the same position. stuck.

EDIT: just read and actually agree with moses' idea that mccaw will come on at 6. and maybe even start there. he's played it before for them and quite right that they may want to keep todd on the field.

OzSash

Allen Oxlade (6)
damn sash, sounds like a real paradise over there. be safe mate.

Thanks mate - it's all good and isn't really as bad as it sounds (although have sent the wife and son on an extended holiday to Europe just to be sure as well as giving me hassle-free rugby watching).

Now back to the rugby ...

Again am at a bit of a loss as to what to do this week. Have planned it such that my subs can play so I don't 'have' to make any changes, however this is a tough call and an easy way to slide in the rankings. Will wait until all the teams are announced before making any decisions.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Big call Hench, Chiliboy does not get much game time with Gary Botha back from injury now.

I am hesitant to bring Carter back. It would mean I would have a very common backline (Gits, Carter, Beale, SBW, Poki, Schmoo), and to win the big bikkies (as well as move high in the overall comp) you need to take a punt and find the lesser known player that will score big. I like the look of Colin Slade, but am open to other suggestions.

Think I might boot out Beau as well. Was going to bring in Nasi Manu last week, but unwisely opted against it- he scored about 40 points more than Beau. If I do bring in Manu though it meas I have 4 Highlanders, and they can be a bit flaky. Again open to backrow suggestions here.

:lmao:

No, I meant Chilliboy is starting for the Bulls this week. At the moment I have Mealamu and TPN as my hookers.

Dan Carter was originally named but has been ruled out.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I don't see a "common" team as an issue at this stage in the comp, my strategy is to place in the top 1,000 each round and avoid any shockers. Everyone will have a clean slate for the three round final series and I'm aiming to be in striking distance when that comes.

Chillyboy starting is very welcome news. How has the Reds scrum been lately? Looks like 1 tighthead and 3 penalties against the Cheetahs but more solid in the republic..

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Yeah I see what you are saying Moses, but consistency gets boring after a while. I love finding a lesser picked player who scores big, it just makes the game more fun. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

This week I am thinking Zac Guildford. Crusaders will put a score on the Chiefs I reckon, and I think Schmoo will be quiet against the Blues.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
i'm also feeling a bit pinched wit the sharks out. the chiliboy play is something i'm considering. the stormers had a load of lineouts with genia/cooper kicking them around the park, which always helps a hookers score. but if the reds keep ball in hand this week it could be very different.

Don't understand the Chillyboy love. Ged Robinson is under $100K, plays every week and has scored 150+ points so far. He's the ideal bench hooker.

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
I have had Ged since round 1. I have been close to getting rid of him a number of times but he keeps producing good scores for a hooker. Not in BdP's league but a good back up as Hawko said. I have him as my starting hooker until I can get BdP in for Flynn.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
Don't understand the Chillyboy love. Ged Robinson is under $100K, plays every week and has scored 150+ points so far. He's the ideal bench hooker.

i'm a fan of ged, don't get me wrong. i only said that cuz i have chili on my bench as i'm sure many of us do. he was a good early bench option since he's been around a bit and got early time. when the season started if you asked me about ged i would have only said ged who?

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I've made one trade so far. Wynard Oliver to Matt Giteau.

Oliver scores 20-25 each week but he and Morne Steyn have been very poor compared to last year. Have been trying to trade him for a weeks but byes have gotten in the way.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Has anyone seen the Blues lineup for this week?

Woodcock has a red I under his name on foxsports but haven't heard anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.