• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzSash

Allen Oxlade (6)
Have had a pretty good week this week. 524 points so far with some more needing to come in for Beast so should take outright 3rd in our G&GR league :) Dropping Ioane seemed to have been somewhat of a master-stroke!

OzSash

Allen Oxlade (6)
The big question is, will people start making unique picks to go for the 10K? Or just be content with finishing in the top 100?

I know which one I'm going for.

I think a lot of it comes down to captain selection and getting lucky a couple of times with big scorers. The choice is to go for consistency or the occasional big scorer. For mine, I reckon SBW is an above average, consistent scorer and I will probably stick with him as captain when he's available.

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
418 points....didn't lose any ground in the GR&G league and actually went up 2 spots so not too bad considering I was gonna be happy with not going down by a lot.....and now I'm sitting in a pretty good spot for my transfers over the next few wekks - and still to play my Wildcard!! Bring it on!!

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Score a 441 (my highest round score of the year) but still drop back 36 spots overrall. :eek:

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
scores look to be finalized as the countdown for next round has started.

managed a 479 but only gained 3 spots. tough league....

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member

I got 461 and dropped two places! Very tough league, looks like we've dropped to #2 temporarily.

Bloody saffas saw me coming, 18 points between FdP, Sykes and Grant. Still, Bismark and JC Janse van Rensburg are performing well

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

In the total comp, three players scored over 600 and top 50 players scored over 550. This week you had to have Adam Thompson or SBW as captain to be up near the top. SBW is a special, he seems to score well when the Saders are playing top teams whereas most other players have their top scores coming from games with teams in the bottom half of the table.

The G&GR league is a tough one, no one in the top 30 scored under 400 and 5 of the top 10 scored over 500. We are number two to a South African mob with an Africans name and about 30 players. Only a one point average in it and it looks to me like we are being affected by drop outs in the bottom 20 or so.

T

Thomotah

Bad cup draw - I get my highest ever score of 489 and still lose by 81 points!

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Haha thats so unlucky mate.

I had a good round, 480 points, up into the top 500 overall and the League top 20. Watch out.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
i feel for you tomotah. that's a tough one to be up against. my match up finished with 190 since they stopped playing weeks ago it seems. horrible team.

as for the league averages.... they're calculated off the top 5 team score averages. we just have to do a little better. there's no way i want the league to lose to a bunch of dirty, cheating, no good saffers :D

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
if that's the case Newb then I'm the problem - coming in 5th I've gotta be dragging our whole leage average down..

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Revised to 501 - pretty damn happy with that score, and I'm back up to 40 in the GaGR league after an embarrassing fall from grace, having spent a short amount of time in the top 10.

Some Lions players, despite a dire team performance, are earning good points - JC JvR was gold - 19 points for a cheap prop, F vdM got another solid 26, and Whiteley got 31, great for a cheap loosie.

My big let downs were Pretorius - even though he had an alright game, he got a whole 9 points, and Ioane, who ended up on 8. Even Bieber, who had a quiet game as fullback and miss a heap of kicks, earned 22 points.

The risky move to bring in Alberts for one round paid off, with him earning 44.

OzSash

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yes indeed, we have a bloody tough comp. Good to see we're doing so well, but not as well as we could be and I second that we can't be beaten by a bunch of saffers :)

Funny old comp though ... I stand by my earlier post that a lot of luck is involved in getting the big points. The tournament is by no means finished, nor decided as far as fantasy goes. There are going to be wild changes in the leaderboard over the coming weeks for sure ...

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
A bit sad to admit, but I scored 434 and it was my best of the year. The last two weeks have been big improvements for me. Sitting at 110 in GAGR league so if as Newb says, it's the top 5 in the league used for league average, I'm not the one keeping us out of first place.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
if that's the case Newb then I'm the problem - coming in 5th I've gotta be dragging our whole leage average down..

Better take a good hard look at yourself and smarten up this week then Moses.... :)

As for myself, I've stormed up 30 places to 162nd in the GAGR league with a score of 430. That will teach me to have Peter Grant in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.