• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
due to my failure to get my squad chanes in last week, I've had to work them in this week - but I'm still not happy with my team. Brought in Kepu for Woodcock, Phipps for Matthewson (money decision) and SBW for Payne. It means I have to stick with Ged for my hooker this week (which is OK), pick between Al Campbell and Matfield for the second lock spot, and between Kaino, Minnie and HIggers for 2 backrow spots. Last decision is Fruen v Mitchell v Poki for the 2 last back row spots. hmmm.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Myth is likely to be back next week, or so the Blues claim. He was close calf injury this week but it hadn't quit recovered. That said, you can never be too sure when players don't heal in the expected time.

I am at a loss this week. I was going to leave Payne benched, but now am tempted to bench Schmoo instead. The Blues backs could tear the Tahs a new one, as those defensive combinations in the Tahs backline are very untried.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I've got two issues with my team this week as I am keen to continue last week's breakthrough.

1. As outside backs I have Fruean and Harris - one to go to the bench. Last week Harris was pretty good but this week the Bulls will be hurting and anxious to set the record straight. Fruean was terrible last week but may dine out this week against the Chiefs whose forwards will be going backwards all day.
  2. As Inside backs, I have Kurtley, JOC (James O'Connor), Giteau and Grant. I don't know if JOC (James O'Connor) will play 12 or not - at 15 he was a points dud. Giteau is probably a keep for Fantasy and Grant may score well if the Stormers hit the Lions on the bounce-back. I think Kurtley will struggle this week with all the injuries up against one of the comp's best teams. So who do I bench?

So what would others recommend?

OzSash

Allen Oxlade (6)
I've got two issues with my team this week as I am keen to continue last week's breakthrough.

1. As outside backs I have Fruean and Harris - one to go to the bench. Last week Harris was pretty good but this week the Bulls will be hurting and anxious to set the record straight. Fruean was terrible last week but may dine out this week against the Chiefs whose forwards will be going backwards all day.
  2. As Inside backs, I have Kurtley, JOC (James O'Connor), Giteau and Grant. I don't know if JOC (James O'Connor) will play 12 or not - at 15 he was a points dud. Giteau is probably a keep for Fantasy and Grant may score well if the Stormers hit the Lions on the bounce-back. I think Kurtley will struggle this week with all the injuries up against one of the comp's best teams. So who do I bench?

Dunno mate! I find it really hard to predict results of matchups and bounce-back's etc ... and to pick a fantasy side based on those kinds of things :)

Finding myself in a similar boat though. At IB, I currently I have Bieber, La Grange and Beale and am definitely going to replace either Beiber or Beale depending on how I'm feeling just before the countdown for changes finishes. I think both their scoring could go either way so it may just come down to pure flukiness for me to retain the right one (even if Bieber is playing at FB, I think he has plenty of scope to score well).

With Fruean and Harris (I don't have either): Fruean is one of these guys who scores shitloads or is quiet. A little bit up and down in fantasy scoring, but definitely someone to consider for a bolter. Same for Harris. I would love the Reds to kick some azz against the Bulls as they did last year, however as you say quite rightly, they will be hurting and will be wanting some payback, so it is difficult to predict what Link will do this time - play the same gameplan as last year or yet another tactical masterstroke. If I were you, I would probably go with Fruean just because on probability he would have a better chance of more points against weaker opposition this week than Harris (imho), but don't let my advice give you the kiss of death!

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)

Beale may struggle against the Blues and might be fullback next week.

Grant and Giteau will both be on bye next week.

dudebudstud

Ward Prentice (10)
Props - Jamie McIntosh, Sekope Kepu (Laurie Weeks)
Hooker - Chilliboy Rallepelle (Bismark Du Plessis)
Locks - Brad Thorn, Nathan Sharpe (Bakkies Botha)
Backrows - Gareth Delve, Matt Todd, Adam Thomson (Joshua Strauss)
Scrumhalf - Will Genia (Nick Phipps)
Inside backs - Kurtley Beale, Matt Giteau, James O'Connor (Waylon Murray)
Outside backs - Kade Poki, Drew Mitchell, Sonny Bill Williams(C) (Shaun Treeby)

Got rid of Palu, Beau Robinson, Dan Carter.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Thoughts on captain for this week?

SBW - Scored a 48 without Carter in the team last week which was a suprise. Should always score well as he either gets a tackle bust or offload with almost every run. Won't be as hit or miss as some of the wingers that people make captain. Always should be considered.

Kade Poki - I thought his score last week was a bit dubious. But if linebreaks are going to be counted like that then he must be an option. Has scored a 51 and 41 when he hasn't scored a try in games. Will the Rebels matchup entice people to make him captain?

Victor Vito - Obviously a matchup based option. But could wreak havoc against the Cheetahs.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
McIntosh, JC JvR, [May]
Chillyboy, [BdP]
Horwill, Sharpe, [Steenkamp]
Thomson (c), Vito, Robinson, [Todd]
Burgo, [Eaton]
Beale, Giteau, Toeava, [Murray]
SBW, Mitchell, Poki, [Harris]

Bought Waylon Murray for Peter Grant, then benched him! He's cheap and frees up some cash, plus he's performing pretty well so will likely sub in for Giteau out next week.
Hoping Big Kev will get more excited than Sykes (who is on a bye anyway), should be back to fitness now and home crowd fires him up.
Third change was dropping Fourie. I kept the faith as long as the Bulls coaching staff, they've benched him this week so I've finally given him the arse. I was keen on Sarel, but he's on a bye next week so Burgo it is.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
After scoring my highest round score of the year I still dropped down 51 places. :lmao:

Let's see how I go this week with:

McIntosh, Alexander
Mealamu
Bekker, Sharpe
Thomson, Vito, Whitely
Phipps/Pretorius
Beale, Giteau, Oliver
Poki, SBW (c), Hosea Gear (Hail Mary pick)

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Have made two transfers so far- Mealamu in for Fourie, and Dagg in for Sivi. As much as I am tempted to turf out Beau Robinson with the third, I will probably bring in Slade for Savea on the bench. I am worried about Giteau missing a training session, plus it will save me a transfer next week.

The question that remains is do I bench Jaque Fourie or Slade??

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
Finalised the team for the week.Woodcodk traded for JC JvR, Spies for Lam (frees up some cash) and Reddish out for Steenkamp.

Kepu, Mackintosh (JC JvR)
Ged (Flynn)
Sharpe, Steenkamp (Sykes)
Thomson, Vito, Whiteley (Lam)
Pretorius (Phipps)
Toeava, Giteau, Doppies (Beale)
SBW[c], Treeby, Payne (Fruean)

Hoping for my sake that the Blues backs score well and Beale doesn't have a blinder (which he can do). Nearly put Lam in for Whiteley but I hope Whiteley has a big one with other regular back rowers out. Phipps edged out because Pretorius has a better average per game.

Status
Not open for further replies.