• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
S Faainga (Mealamu)

Benched. You may want to change that, if you still have a transfer left.

My team is dodgied up for another week, with some carefully thought out transfers dumped at the last second for some relatively random whim-based ones.

JC JvR, Big Mac, (Myth)
Battleship*, (Chilliboy)
Franco vd Merwe, Sykes*, (O'Neill)
Whiteley, Thomson, Willem Alberts*, (Saffy)
Pretorius, (Phipps)
Bieber, Gilbert, Diggers, (Savea)
Schmoo, SBW, Poki (c), (Payne)

The three stars are all Sharks players who must be subbed next week (or my subs must be subbed as they are not starters, if you know what I mean).

For next week, currently I am thinking of Messam for Alberts, maybe Mealamu for Battleship or Ged Robinson for Chilliboy, and Al Campbell for O'Neill. If an inside back cops an injury after this week, then I am boned for my transfers next week. :(

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
Team is finalised. I'm determined to keep my wildcard til the three weeks of triple byes. I have only just started taking notice of upcoming byes when making my trades, hopefully I'm not getting to tricky, leaving me with shit scores.

Mackintosh, Kepu [Woodcock]
Flynn [Robinson]
Sharpe, Sykes [Reddish]
Spies, Thomson, Vito [Whiteley]
Pretorius [Phipps]
Beale, Doppies, Giteau [Toeava]
Fruean, Treeby, SBW(C)[Payne]

Reddish needs to go next week (or Sykes) and planning to bring in BdP the following week. We'll see how that goes, a week is a long time in fantasy rugby

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
They both suck. Fainga'a just sucks and Deon Fourie can't throw a ball to save his life.

I almost went with Flynn as well but I just really don't like him - mind you, I like Faainga even less. Oh well.....just get through the weekend without bombing too much and I think I'll be looking good for the rest of the comp

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Ended up sticking with FdP and Sykes for another week... figured they were lower priority than Diggers on the wing against the Stormers and Carter under an injury cloud.

McIntosh, C JvR, [May]
BdP, [Chilliboy]
Sykes, Sharpe, [Steenkamp]
Thomson, Vito, Robinosn, [Todd]
FdP, [Eaton]
Beale, Giteau, Grant, [Toeava]
SBW, Mitchell, Poki, [Harris]

T

Thomotah

Thought I'd chip in belatedly with Jack Lam from the canes as a good value backrow option at 74K. Not only scoring consistently (without being really outstanding) but actually looked like a quality backrower against the bulls, smashing people in tackles etc. Preferred him to Manu who I'd had earlier but dropped as looks error prone at times.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Welcome Thomo.

Have finalised my team, used the last transfer to drop Digby and bring in Fourie.

Van Rensberg, Alexander
Fourie
Sykes, Sharpe
Robinson, Vito, Thomson
Burgess
Fourie, Giteau, Beale
Mitchell, SBW, Poki (c)

dudebudstud

Ward Prentice (10)
A few points of interest:

- Late change to the Hurricanes, Jane and Savea both out.

- Carter may still play for the Crusaders.

My inside centres are Kurtley Beale, Matt Giteau, James O'Connor with Carter on the bench.

I am tempted to play carter for Beale, and if he does play great I get the points, if not Beale is automatically subsituted. Thoughts?

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Don't think anyone has noticed, but Tom Carter is in the top eight inside backs and is the lowest priced of the eight, even though he doesn't pick up kicking points. If you're having trouble with point reliability (if you are still in the Fantasy Cup maybe or have lots of up and downers) he might be worth a look. He tends to score well in games against tough sides or where the Tahs aren't playing well. Worst game was against the easybeat Reds.

dudebudstud

Ward Prentice (10)
My team this week

Props - Jamie McIntosh, Sekope Kepu (Laurie Weeks)
Hooker - Bismark Du Plessis (Chilliboy Rallepelle)
Locks - Brad Thorn, Nathan Sharpe (Bakkies Botha)
Backrows - Wycliff Palu, Matt Todd, Beau Robinson (Joshua Strauss)
Scrumhalf - Will Genia (Nick Phipps)
Inside backs - Kurtley Beale, Matt Giteau, James O'Connor (Dan Carter)
Outside backs - Kade Poki, Drew Mitchell, Sonny Bill Williams (Shaun Treeby)

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
My inside centres are Kurtley Beale, Matt Giteau, James O'Connor with Carter on the bench.

I am tempted to play carter for Beale, and if he does play great I get the points, if not Beale is automatically subsituted. Thoughts?
I'd see that as a risky play - even if Carter plays it's unlikely he'll get 80 minutes. Meanwhile Kurtley is kicking for the Tahs and scored 37 points last week in his only other game at 10.

dudebudstud

Ward Prentice (10)
I'd see that as a risky play - even if Carter plays it's unlikely he'll get 80 minutes. Meanwhile Kurtley is kicking for the Tahs and scored 37 points last week in his only other game at 10.

The great moses has spoken, so I will follow. But if Carter lasts 80 mins and scores 50 points I get to sleep with your wife!

My real dilemma is next week when I have to trade one of them away. No use having that kinda purchasing power sitting on the bench.

OzSash

Allen Oxlade (6)

Sounds like a good idea, but methinks they are highly unlikely to risk him.

In the meantime, I fired Ioane and put in O'Bieber, Schmoo, Pretorius and vd Merwe. Jury still out on who will captain this week ...

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Bah, you've all convinced me to make Poki captain. Hopefully this doesn't turn out as bad as last time I listened to you guys and made Drew captain against the Cheetahs. :lmao:

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I wouldn't follow my captain choices; I had epic fails from my last 4 or so captains - Sivi, Schmoo, Payne and one I can't remember.

dudebudstud

Ward Prentice (10)
Bah, you've all convinced me to make Poki captain. Hopefully this doesn't turn out as bad as last time I listened to you guys and made Drew captain against the Cheetahs. :lmao:

I have SBW as my captain. If he performs as he should I am expecting a haul of 50 ish points x2.

Status
Not open for further replies.