• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I'm looking at captain Poki. Feels weird though, picking one for 110k...

Reactions: Ash

AkRiD

Allen Oxlade (6)
I'm looking at captain Poki. Feels weird though, picking one for 110k...

Yeah, up against the Cheetahs, at home Poki may be a good choice. Could bring in a small fortune of fantasy points. Sonny Bill has been consistent, up against the Bulls at home. Will the Carter factor, or the lack of it, have any influence though?

Decisions, decisions.

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
Yeah, I was thinking SBW but am hesitating for those reasons. With Carter out, how much will that affect SBW and against the Bulls, I just am expecting them to pick up their game soon and shut down the opposition like they did last year. Still have 3 of my transfers to make, with $769k in bank, I am hoping it's a quiet day at work tomorrow.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
For the people who have Digby in their side, down his move back to wing pretty much make him a must to trade out?

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
For the people who have Digby in their side, down his move back to wing pretty much make him a must to trade out?
Digby did very well on the wing against the Cheetahs, but they were shithouse so probably not a fair test. I'd trade him out if I had another transfer, but inside backs are a problem for me with Ice and Carter needing to be shifted before Diggers.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I set Poki as my captain at the start of the week but had since considered SBW. I am iffy on Poki because my last few outside back captains like Sivi, Payne, etc have failed to score well.

I am keeping Ioane as well simply because I have no idea who I would bring in for him.

I have three Sharks this week as well and am looking a bit boned for the bye next week with all three probably needing to be subbed (unless Chilliboy gets a start and O'Neill becomes unbroken).

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Have picked a few different players this week.

McIntosh, Alexander
TPN
Bekker, Sharpe
Thomson, Todd, Whitely
Pretorius
Beale, Grant, Oliver
SBW (c), Poki, Treeby

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
I set Poki as my captain at the start of the week but had since considered SBW. I am iffy on Poki because my last few outside back captains like Sivi, Payne, etc have failed to score well.

Go right ahead and pick SBW as captain...so that I can score heavily with Poki as captain in my team plus I won't feel so bad not being able to use my last transfer on SBW now that I have to use it on the hooker seeing that Nathan Charles is still on the bench...

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
At the moment I'm seriously looking at picking Burgess over Pretorius. Pretorius is too up and down for my liking and Burgess has been pretty solid except for last week where he made alot of errors and was penalised a few times. If you're not winning the comp you have to start picking different players compared to everyone else eventually. Could be a good week to gain a few points.

If you expect Pretorius to score 2 tries and 3 linebreaks like last week or 1 try and 4 linebreaks like he did against the Waratahs then go ahead an pick him. Should be no doubt about it all.

I am still a little hesistant considering he has scored 105 points from 2 games and 60 from the other 5 games.

have a change of heart there henchy or run out of moves to bring burgo in? ;)

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
It was a tough week cos I really wanted to bring Poki in but I already have 4 Highlanders - been trying to get rid of Cowan for a while now and never got round to it and now I'm paying the price...as well as having a number of Blues(3), Chiefs(4) and Rebels(2). If I can get through this week with even an average score, I should be good for the next few weeks to make some moves....moves like getting rid of Cowan finally....lol. My team this week:

MacKintosh, Blaauw (Toby Smith)
S Faainga (Mealamu)
Bekhuis, Matfield
Whiteley, Thompson, Strauss (Kaino)
Cowan - muthaf***kr (Phipps)
Doppies, Beale, Giteau (Toeava)
SBW, Fruean, Mitchell (Harris)

Let the rugby begin!!

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
have a change of heart there henchy or run out of moves to bring burgo in? ;)

Bye weeks changed my mind.

Plus I've slipped back to 4th in the G&GR league so I need to take you guys' advice again. :lmao:

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
I'm going to have to use my wild card this week. I have 8 players either benched or not playing. Also I am going so badly that it can't make things any worse.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
I know Dan Carter is injured and all but he seems to have completely dropped off the lists.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
A few points of interest:

- Late change to the Hurricanes, Jane and Savea both out.

- Carter may still play for the Crusaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.