• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Yeah the only thing that holds me back from picking Pretorius is that Naka Drotske seems to bench him every second week for no apparent reason.

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
And when he has been benched, he still scores quite well, as I learned the hard way putting him on my bench when Drotske did and he still scored well

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
And when he has been benched, he still scores quite well, as I learned the hard way putting him on my bench when Drotske did and he still scored well

Not quite the case really...he scored less than five points in two of his past four games...

Anyway, am looking at the Sharks v Lions games as a potential high scorer for Battleship and JL Potgieter to replace those in my team having a bye this week...the rub is that Sharks also have a bye next week though.

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
Not quite the case really...he scored less than five points in two of his past four games...

Yeah I was thinking mainly of round 5 when he started on the bench to come on and score 50 when I benched him and got 3 from my halfback Eaton.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)

Anyway, am looking at the Sharks v Lions games as a potential high scorer for Battleship and JL Potgieter to replace those in my team having a bye this week...the rub is that Sharks also have a bye next week though.

I have no Sharks player in my team now so trading Mealamu to BDP this week means I only have 1 forced change for next week .

Just looked ahead at the schedule and Weeks 13 to 15 are going to be interesting.

Week 13 byes - Force, Sharks, Waratahs
Week 14 byes - Hurricanes, Highlanders, Reds
Week 15 byes - Blues, Chiefs, Rebels

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
I have no Sharks player in my team now so trading Mealamu to BDP this week means I only have 1 forced change for next week .

Just looked ahead at the schedule and Weeks 13 to 15 are going to be interesting.

Week 13 byes - Force, Sharks, Waratahs
Week 14 byes - Hurricanes, Highlanders, Reds
Week 15 byes - Blues, Chiefs, Rebels

Just fill up your team with Crusaders and Stormers players and bob's yer uncle!

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Dan Carter out injured and Digby pushed back to the wing.

That might shake up a few teams who also have to deal with 3 teams on byes.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Am tossing up a few options for my last transfer this week. Do I drop Beau and bring in Nasi Manu or another cheap backrower? Do I drop Burgo for Pretorius? Do I drop Drew for Dagg or Guildford?

Too many choices.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Am tossing up a few options for my last transfer this week. Do I drop Beau and bring in Nasi Manu or another cheap backrower? Do I drop Burgo for Pretorius? Do I drop Drew for Dagg or Guildford?

Too many choices.

Backrow options under 100K
1. Matt Todd
2. Warren Whitely (was absolutely terrible last week with 2 runs for a #8 but he's been scoring solidly all year)
3. Josh Strauss
4. Nasi Manu

Of course picking the best performed players count for little as I've found out so just pick Manu and load your team with Highlanders.

At the moment I'm seriously looking at picking Burgess over Pretorius. Pretorius is too up and down for my liking and Burgess has been pretty solid except for last week where he made alot of errors and was penalised a few times. If you're not winning the comp you have to start picking different players compared to everyone else eventually. Could be a good week to gain a few points.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Todd is going to be dropped next week when McCaw returns, and I am hesitant about picking Lions players. Too hot and cold.

See your point about Burgo over Pretorius. But from watching him the last couple of weeks Pretorius is a fucking good player, and doesn't just score points because he runs the ball more often than most.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Todd is going to be dropped next week when McCaw returns, and I am hesitant about picking Lions players. Too hot and cold.

See your point about Burgo over Pretorius. But from watching him the last couple of weeks Pretorius is a fucking good player, and doesn't just score points because he runs the ball more often than most.

McCaw only returned to training on April 4th and "could feature in the ninth round match against the Chiefs." according to Blackadder.

If you expect Pretorius to score 2 tries and 3 linebreaks like last week or 1 try and 4 linebreaks like he did against the Waratahs then go ahead an pick him. Should be no doubt about it all.

I am still a little hesistant considering he has scored 105 points from 2 games and 60 from the other 5 games.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I like Pretorius because the Cheetahs don't have a bye in that awful run of 3 weeks. If I took Burgess, then I'd have 3 Tahs - Beale, Schmoo and Burgess, which is probably too many.

Currently I am thinking of brining in Willem Alberts this week, then subbing him over to Messam next week. My remaining transfer this week then would be to dump Sykes for any half cheap lock.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Actually, Mumm is one lock who has impressed me with consistent scoring, but he's definitely a bit pricey at $346k. Other options are Sharpie at $335k, Franco van der Merwe at $290 (who has been a consistent scorer in the 20s - actually not bad value for money). It's actually quite hard to find a reasonably priced lock who will earn about 15 points per game - Al Campbell is the best bet, and he's on a bye.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
It's actually quite hard to find a reasonably priced lock who will earn about 15 points per game - Al Campbell is the best bet, and he's on a bye.
Stephen Sykes at 180k. Also look at Wilhelm Steenkamp since he bacame captain..

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
Stephen Sykes at 180k. Also look at Wilhelm Steenkamp since he bacame captain..

i also like elstadt for the stormers for a cheap option. 128k.

as a sort of cheap backrow keegan daniel is an option. pretty consistent and is about 180k. but sharks on a bye soon.

anybody else look at oosthuizen at prop? dude has been scoring well but is an absolute penalty magnet. easily leads the comp with 20 long arms already! that scared me off him as i don't see how he can't go much longer without getting a yellow which usually really drops your score.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
Yeah the only thing that holds me back from picking Pretorius is that Naka Drotske seems to bench him every second week for no apparent reason.

i don't know the details but i think he was supposed to be rested on the bench against the tahs but had to come in early cuz of injury. so they put him back on the bench the next week to actually give him the rest. every other game he's started and is really the regular without much doubt i'd think.

and besides one stinker against the lions has scored well in all his starts. without phipps i'm taking my chances on the sarel show.

AkRiD

Allen Oxlade (6)
Beale or O'Bieber?

Tough one. Beale has been improving since the bye. I'd probably go with Beale, he's due for a big one I reckon.
I've got both, so hopefully they both have crackers.

On another note, Captains people. Who's ready for a big one this week?
Ive got a short list for my team (it's not really that short) O'Connor, Beale, Sonny Bill, Poki, Schmoo, B duP, Minnie maybe Ioane.
Reckon I'll go with Beale or Sonny Bill.
Who's everyone else going with?

Status
Not open for further replies.