• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Did Minnie play? I hope not because I'm winning by 7 points and if Minnie didn't play I should beat my opponent.

Go the force!!!!

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Minnie played the last half hour. Had a pretty minimal impact, but would probably score around 10.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Minnie played the last half hour. Had a pretty minimal impact, but would probably score around 10.

Shit. I am only 3 points up and we both had minnie. That's why I wanted my bench player too come on who scored more than his. I Hsiang loose alot of points on the edits over the next 24 hours. However he had polo as caption and if he goes down some my opponent will loose double what poki goes down. I had Payne who didn't score very high. It's a tight one!!!

Go the force!!!!

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Here is the sage advice after Newb took out the whole thing in 2009 I was referring to.. full interview here.

So, following this sage advice, when you use your wildcard you would then pick those with high average returns per game rather than the fly-by-nighters, right? Trust me, it hasn't worked so far!

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Taking an age too get the points finalized. Still no points for Minnie. I'm winning by 3 still in the cup and we both are waiting for Minnie. So I have too wait for the points too be finalized. Ahhh.

Go the force!!!!

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Im in deep shitthis week. Have too many blues players in my side, and too muc dead wood at the same time. either way, needto wait until teamsannouced or I wil certainly pick guys who injur themselves in training or get rested by their coaching staff.

is it just me, or are the forwards all scoring lower than they did last year?

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I thought forwards were scoring higher this year, mainly cause of the 10 points for a tighthead...

Average score this week was 257 points, surely this is well below par for the comp?

Pretty happy with my call on Harris (27 points for 72k), but reckon I'm going to have to jump on the Poki train next week, I suspect I have an inherent bias against Highlanders wingers but this kid keeps piling on the points. Still, Harris can stay on the bench and make me some cash

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yeah I jumped on this week thank god. Even with my captain Payne only getting me 26 (he must of only scored about 13 points ) I am still close too 400. If only I had ice poki or digby as my captain!!

Go the force!!!!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeah. Poki with 56 points this week. What I love is that I had him on the bench, with Sivi starting. Sivi earnt a huge score of 9 this week. Inspiring stuff, it is. My other love is that the one week when Salvi finally fucking earned points, I had him on the bench. Ah, well. I hate Salvi so much now.

Anyway, 350 for the week is a tad disappointing in the end thanks to Payne and Myth. The heart breaker was that great break Payne made - a few tackle busts, a line break, and heading for a try - all called back for a fucking stupid obstruction from a Blues prop blocking a Cheetahs prop who couldn't have tackled Payne anyway. Damn props. One play later, Payne cops a hospital pass and is off the field for 12 points, which turns into a wasted 24 as my captain.

Congrats to Penguin for knocking me out of the cup 400 - 353. Best of luck the rest of the comp!

I have already dropped Sivi for SBW, and made about 80k - 90k in the process. Need to decide if I want to sub Saffy, Myth, Payne or just leave them on my bench. Poki or Thomson are looking to be my captain for this week - playing the Cheetahs, who are due for a shocker. <edit> I should add, I have a massive $257k in the bank to blow.

Next question: I was thinking of buying Carter (the good one) - but who would I drop for him? Ioane, Beale or J'OC? I can't justify dropping any at the moment, and with the 'Saders playing the Bulls, I'm not sure that Carter will score too big anyway.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
I thought forwards were scoring higher this year, mainly cause of the 10 points for a tighthead...

more referring to the back 3 - even the top players are getting high teens to low twenties week to week - I thougt last year the best were averaging around 30. could be wrong though

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
What do people think of Franco van der Merwe as a selection for lock? Seems to be scoring pretty consistently for a lock.

Also thinking of picking up Willem Alberts, but he has a bye next week and a bye the same weekend as the Force and Tahs.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Next question: I was thinking of buying Carter (the good one) - but who would I drop for him? Ioane, Beale or J'OC? I can't justify dropping any at the moment, and with the 'Saders playing the Bulls, I'm not sure that Carter will score too big anyway.
Which is the good one? Tom with 165 points or Dan with 174 points (albeit from one less game)...

I have already dropped Sivi for SBW, and made about 80k - 90k in the process. Need to decide if I want to sub Saffy, Myth, Payne or just leave them on my bench.
I dropped Myth, 130k is a bit of cash for a prop, especially an injured one.

What do people think of Franco van der Merwe as a selection for lock? Seems to be scoring pretty consistently for a lock.

Also thinking of picking up Willem Alberts, but he has a bye next week and a bye the same weekend as the Force and Tahs.
FvdM looks very good, could be time to drop Sykes for him, Fourie for Sarel, then blow the rest of my cash on hookers and blow

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
A better week than I thought it would be originally - 386 points and up 10 spots in GR&G.....what to do with all Blues, Rebels and Chiefs this week??

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
I'm going to get bundled out of the cup in the first round. 30 points behind but that was after I was 10 points ahead yesterday.

OzSash

Allen Oxlade (6)
Not unhappy with the results this week. 417 with Diggers captain (thanks buddy) and up to 7th on our log. I only am really forced to make one change this week with all the byes, but am certainly planning to use all 4 but I reckon that this week is going to be a tough one to pick. I suspect Digby is unlikely to score well against the Stormers (as much as I would like him to), so he might be goneskies, and the 'Saders v Bulls game will be a lottery for fantasy methinks.

OzSash

Allen Oxlade (6)
found this http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/super-rugby/4812423/McCaw-hopes-to-return-to-game-in-three-weeks

says a few weeks so maybe round 10?? and like moses said could come back from the bench.

Also from http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...6723/Sam-Whitelock-out-for-six-to-eight-weeks

Flanker Richie McCaw has recovered from a stress fracture in his foot and trained fully with the team today, but he will not make his season debut against the Bulls, a Crusaders statement said.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I'd be careful with early week transfers- Dan Carter is struggling with his hamstring and Kieran Read has a neck injury. Both should be right for Saturday, but you know how it is with these things...

The Mayor of Perth

Ted Fahey (11)
Sarel Pretorius being inexplicably left on the bench for Reds has cost me. Shipped him out when he was named on the bench for Tahs with a plan to bring him back for Reds and wasn't able to get him back for last week. Will drop some dough dumping Cory Jane no doubt and McCalman's not scored in the last two weeks - will he step up in Hodgo's absence and going head-to-head with the bloke who wants his gold jersey?

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
more referring to the back 3 - even the top players are getting high teens to low twenties week to week - I thougt last year the best were averaging around 30. could be wrong though

Outside backs points per game last year

Hosea Gear - 32.1
Sitiveni Sivivatu - 31.8
Drew Mitchell - 29.6
Israel Dagg - 29.6
Rene Ranger - 29.3
Joe Rokocoko - 28.6
Tim Nanai Williams - 25.4
Corey Jane - 24.1
Peter Hynes - 22.6
Lelia Masaga - 22.4
Bjorn Basson - 22
Sean Maitland - 21.5
Michael Killian - 20.8
David Smith - 20.6
Kendrick Lynn - 20

I have points per game totals and points per minute totals for all positions if any of you guys want them.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Not unhappy with the results this week. 417 with Diggers captain (thanks buddy) and up to 7th on our log. I only am really forced to make one change this week with all the byes, but am certainly planning to use all 4 but I reckon that this week is going to be a tough one to pick. I suspect Digby is unlikely to score well against the Stormers (as much as I would like him to), so he might be goneskies, and the 'Saders v Bulls game will be a lottery for fantasy methinks.

If Digby is named at 13 he will still score decently. He should get about 20 - 25 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.