• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
My thoughts on this week:

- Will keep Sivi for one more week. Has played in bad conditions the last 2 weeks and hopefully gets dry conditions against the 'Tahs. Will trade him out for Robbie Fruean next week when he is on bye and that will free up 280K for my team.

- Had Beale pencilled as in my Inside Back trade for the week but Digby at 13 has made me rethink that. In past years Digby has averaged 33 when playing at 13 and is playing the Lions. Only concern is that a) how many games will he play at 13? and b) I've been burned a few times already about making trades based on matchups.

- Still seems weird doing it but I have to bench Mathewson for Nick Phipps who has become equal top scorer at scrum half.

- Who do I play at prop? I have McIntosh, Woodcock and Ben Alexander.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
My thoughts on this week:

- Still seems weird doing it but I have to bench Mathewson for Nick Phipps who has become equal top scorer at scrum half.

- Who do I play at prop? I have McIntosh, Woodcock and Ben Alexander.

Remember this is an odd week for the Rebels, who only play well on the even weeks, and they are away. Blues play the Cheetahs so I would go with Mathewson. Brumbies are playing in Invercargill I believe and while the showers are forecast to dry up in the afternoon the ground will be wet to boggy. In those circumstances, Alexander's running game might be limited and his penalty magnetism at scrum time could be problematic. Maafu takes over from Palmer (Brumby madness) so I think Mackintosh and friends will be licking their lips in anticipation.

Your Digby suggestion has merit; if only Ioane was an outside back! I have two Crusaders in my back three so one is benched and the other one sold. However Fox thinks Ioane is an inside back, which seems arse up as they also think SBW is an outside back. I have filled my insides with goalkickers to hopefully get some extras, but you are scoring way in front of me so my advice comes with no strong recommendation.

WARNING TO ALL FROM SOMEONE WHO GOT BURNT LAST TIME:
Next week is a triple bye week. If you leave it till then to do your transfers and a whole pile of injuries strike, you will be up the proverbial creek without the necessary flotation devices. Having only one or two transfers to do and not too many of the triple bye players on the bench would have been a wise move for me in week 4. That was the week I really dropped off the pace.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I'd sell Alexander and free up a huge amount of capital better spent elsewhere, namely SBW or the like.

I'm holding onto my three Blues (Myth, Payne, Kaino) this week v the Cheetahs, but am fully prepared to sub them next week. Be warned buying Blues!

Having both Phipps and Genia, I am torn. Currently starting Genia v the Lions, but may drop Genia to free up a lot of money in the future.

Transfers I am considering:
Cowan -> Phipps (Freeing up ~100k)
Salvi -> Beau (Freeing up ~70k)
Duck -> Dan Carter (for next week, costing ~150k)

Then next week:
Sivi -> SBW (freeing up ~70k)
Kaino -> ??? or Saffy -> ???
One free

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Oh, and with buying Dan Carter a week early I am stuck with Julian Savea. :( I could buy, say, Ioane for this week, then swap to Dan Carter next week, but if I get an unfortunate injury then I can't buy Carter. Bit of a risk...

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Sorry for the triple post, but Ioane got 14 tackle busts in 12 runs last week. That is obscene.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Yeah not sure about Beau. Bought him a few weeks ago but he hasn't set the world on fire despite two great performances. He is cheap though.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
That's why I've held on to Beau, if there's a bankable 20 points per week and the chance he'll get more (almost scored two tries last week for example), it's a pretty decent return on 100k.

There are better performing back rowers, but that said Derick Minnie is 2nd overall in that position and has been outdone by Beau the last two weeks. This week they go head to head in Joburg

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
When is McCaw expected to be back? :nta:

I have Matt Todd on the bench and if he's going to get pushed back to the bench I might as well trade him now.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
McCaw probably isn't too far away, though he'd likely start from the bench.
At 80k though, he's probably not worth blowing a transfer on, unless you've got a spare (like I think I do for May)

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
what do people think about colin slade for 170 k??

might need some time to knock the rust off, but he's good. and i figure he'll be their kicker. against the brumbs (and their shithouse lineup) they might get a lot of penalties or score a few tries.

i think worth it as your 3rd/4th best inside back but don't count on much more.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Ok, week 7.....

Woodcock, JC JvR, [May]
BdP, [Chillyboy]
Sykes, Sharpe, [Steenkamp]
Thomson, Vito, Robinson, [Todd]
FdP, [Eaton]
Beale, Ioane, Toeava (C), [Carter]
Sivi, Mitchell, Harris, [Poki]

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
For all those that sport Derrick Minnie - he is starting off the bench this week.

I am much more happy with my losers for this week than last week, where I foolishly did not have 1 Crusader. The only think I am unhappy with is my second row. I reckon I might actually buy Dean Mumm - he looks to have been scoring well for a 2nd row, with quite a few weeks in the 20s. I also chose to buy Warren Whiteley from the Lions over Beau. He was cheaper and had been scoring better, but I think this week Beau might get a big one v the Lions...

What's more, I think this is the first time where my entire bench is also starting. Not that it matters.

Big Mac, Myth, (JC JvR)
Battleship, (Chilliboy)
Francois Louw, Sykes, (O'Neill)
Warren Whiteley, Thomson, Saffy, (Salvi)
Sanchez, (Phipps)
Bieber, Gilbert, Diggers, (Savea)
Schmoo, Sivi, Payne (c), (Poki)

$177k in the bank for next week to buy SBW, Carter, and maybe Horwill or Mumm. Oh, and to dump bloody Julian Salvi.

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
OK....finally learnt my lesson and waited till Fri to finalise my team (and hence don't have Kaino in the line-up)...hopefully this week is better than last. Got rid of Woodcock - despite being a beloved Blues player, he's apparently the most penalised prop in the competition. Sold Julian Savea and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) so I could buy Giteau and Mike Harris....we'll see how that pays off. So my team is:

Toby Smith, Jamie MacKintosh (Wicus Blaauw)
Kevin Mealamu (Adam Freier)
Isaac Ross, Victor Matfield (Josh Bekhuis.....who I may swap in to start - not sure for who tho?)
Adam Thompson, Scott Waldrom, Joshua Strauss (Kaino)
Nick Phipps (Jimmy Cowan)
Kurtley Beale, Matt Giteau, Isaia Toeava (Dan Carter)
Drew Mitchell, Lelia Masaga, Mike Harris (Robbie Fruean)

Might use my wildcard next week with the triple-bye but we'll see.......I worry about it next week. $97K in the bank

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
you should be able to negotiate next week without the wildcard, most positions you can get by with bench subs so looking strong there.
Rather, save your wildcard for around week 14 - three weeks of back to back triple byes going to be a killer!

Status
Not open for further replies.