• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Rugby Competition 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
He must have been a Sharks supporter. After last nights performance quite a few of us Sharks supporters were driven to drink!

Having stayed up to watch that game I'd understand that! I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I just hope Bismarck Du Plessis got a good score in that game despite the loss.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Anyone now starting to look at compiling their fantasy team and thinking, heck, it's all too tough after a few weeks' off?

Seem to find the Super 15 in the aftermath of 3 weeks' test matches a bit of a let down, be worse for the Tahs fans as it's a bye weekend for them!

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
OK This is my starting point. I know Oosthuizen is out injured after the internationals. Guessing Tomane won't be playing either. Any others that I don't know about?

Fantsay.JPG

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Most of them. But I will be off air tomorrow so need to do it today. Just waiting on Brums, Stormers & Lions. Took the risk.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
This is what I am going with. Kind of hard to pick a team on form after not seeing them play for a month.

View attachment 2530

Eerily similar to mine after I had used my wild card for a complete overhaul, except for the Reds triumvirate of Genia, QC (Quade Cooper) and Digby...hope that pays off with all of them starting together for the first (or is it 2nd) time together this season!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Glad I saved up my wildcard as I needed it this week.

Had to make 6 changes just to put a side on the park.

P: Alexander, Cowan (Taumalolo)
H: Chiliboy Ralepelle (Bismarck du Plessis)
L: Sharpe, Retallick (Pyle)
BR: McCaw, Thomson, Spies (c) (Coetzee)
HB: Hougaard (White)
IB: Ellison, Cruden, Andrew Smith (Grant)
OB: Taylor, Savea, Basson (Kingston)

Hoping Andrew Smith has a big game against the Force as I've left Grant out.

Hoping the Hurricanes can make some dents in the Crusaders this time around.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Props: Slipper, Sona, (Fat Cat) - didn't have enough transfers, hope Sona gets some game time

Hooker: Ged Robinson, (Bismarck) - again not enough transfers but I don't think Adam will play a whole game so confident Ged will get some time.

Locks: Jason Eaton, Peter Kimlin, (Luatua).

Backrow: Pierre Spies, Hooper, Kolisi, (CJ Stander) - CJ is on the bench for the Bulls so I felt I needed someone who'll be out there longer, Spies has been going ok with his points tally.

Scrumhalf: Francois Hougaard, (McKibbin) - Hougaard a bit quiet in the test series he will look to play a bit better for mine this round.

Inside Backs: SBW (Capt), Andrew Smith, Fruean, (Cruden) - I'm worried that Cruden may get hooked early given he's under a bit of an injury cloud. Of course now that I've benched him I'm sure he'll do great & Smith will be well contained in another dour Aussie derby.....

Outside Backs: Taylor, Savea, Guildford, (Dagg) - Looking for the Saders to win naturally but I'm hoping for my fantasy team that it is a high scoring affair. Looking forward to Savea v Guildford. Zac really was hitting his straps in the last couple of super rugby games & Savea has really impressed. I want both to over for tries. Taylor is also quite handy.

Good luck everybody. How great is it that SupeRugby is back!? Feels like ages since it has been on.

Status
Not open for further replies.