• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Rugby Competition 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
This is hopefully the team that will let le me crack the G&GR top five, just need 30 points more than number 5;

fantasy.png

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
This is what I am thinking with limited options. Thoughts? One idea that I had was to play Lucas as my 9 seeing that's where he is listed... What do you guys think about that?

fantasy.png

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I was thinking about Benny at 9 myself as sometimes the 10 gets more points but I think that is usually cause a lot of 10's are also kickers. Harris is the kicker so Lucas should not get those extra points. If I had to choose between Genia & Lucas I'd pick Genia as plenty of people have talked about the Sharks defending wide of the ruck - & at that my first thoughts are "Genia snipe" or "Diggers run". Albeit that was from a Sharks analysis some time ago - maybe they've changed that part of their defense (I've watched their recent games but on memory I don't know if they've changed their ruck defense). Personally I'm sticking with Hougaard as he's been pretty consistent.

Good picks with Robbie Fruean & Dagg btw. I dropped both to bring in other players (like Carter). So I'm sure they will now go on to have blinders ;)

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
I was thinking about Benny at 9 myself as sometimes the 10 gets more points but I think that is usually cause a lot of 10's are also kickers. Harris is the kicker so Lucas should not get those extra points. If I had to choose between Genia & Lucas I'd pick Genia as plenty of people have talked about the Sharks defending wide of the ruck - & at that my first thoughts are "Genia snipe" or "Diggers run". Albeit that was from a Sharks analysis some time ago - maybe they've changed that part of their defense (I've watched their recent games but on memory I don't know if they've changed their ruck defense). Personally I'm sticking with Hougaard as he's been pretty consistent.

Good picks with Robbie Fruean & Dagg btw. I dropped both to bring in other players (like Carter). So I'm sure they will now go on to have blinders ;)

I have a feeling the Cru are going to go on a rampage tomorrow and hence the reason why I have moved Hougaard for the first time. Probably a big mistake as he has been blinding for me in the past...

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I have a feeling the Cru are going to go on a rampage tomorrow and hence the reason why I have moved Hougaard for the first time. Probably a big mistake as he has been blinding for me in the past.

God I hope so. We've been up & down which is why I'm not into making such a confident prediction but I hope what you say is how it goes down!

I have brought in JP Pietersen as he is now going to have more room to move on the wing then when he's been put in at outside center (not that he does a bad job there either).

Diggers v Iced Vovo should be interesting too. Either player could score very well.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
God I hope so. We've been up & down which is why I'm not into making such a confident prediction but I hope what you say is how it goes down!

I have brought in JP Pietersen as he is now going to have more room to move on the wing then when he's been put in at outside center (not that he does a bad job there either).

Diggers v Iced Vovo should be interesting too. Either player could score very well.

I have thought my team through again, thanks to your advice AS.

I think there is too much pressure on Genia to perform without QC (Quade Cooper) there so I have opted for Hougaard again. Finger crossed!

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)

I think there is too much pressure on Genia to perform without QC (Quade Cooper) there so I have opted for Hougaard again. Finger crossed!

Not bad reasoning about Genia, the absence of Cooper could well do that. Although we may have just double jinxed Hougaard & thus have doomed all that have picked him ;)

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)

Not bad reasoning about Genia, the absence of Cooper could well do that. Although we may have just double jinxed Hougaard & thus have doomed all that have picked him ;)

And just like that we screw over Hougaard, although I'd say I was more involved in that action. I'm the oracle. Genia gets 41 points or something! :eek:

I guess it could have been worse, we could have picked Ben Lucas at 9.

I'm at rank 15 now but way too behind to break into the top 10 I think.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yeah, I have been back at uni for the past fortnight. I totally forgot about my team last week, it was only after the Crusaders/Chiefs game was over that I realised that I hadn't updated my team.

Status
Not open for further replies.