• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Rugby Competition 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
You should be able to get a team together of really good guys without having to gamble much on prodigies/cheap purchases.
Here's my 3 step guide.

1. Buy one or 2 really big names who you know are going to do well or who you know are the top players in their position in the world.
2. Spread out your picks so you don't end up with heaps from 1 or 2 teams (rounds 4, 8, 9,10, 15 & 16 all have 3 teams having a bye)
3. Pick late - the later you pick the more information you have on injuries & starting sides.

I wouldn't rely much on snaring a bargain but rather getting a solid group right across the board. Your super pricey players can still play shit and you get very few points. Take a moneyball approach and go for consistency, then take the hardball approach and get a few gamebreakers.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yeah so am I. Cheetahs/Lions games can be high scoring. Also have my eye on Elton Jantjes, Robert Ebersohn and Johan Sadie.

Which one of the Ebersohn twins is the kicker? Robert or Sias...I think one of them just played for Saffies in the world sevens very recently.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Kitshoff, the young Stormers prop, is a cheap roughie for the bench, methinks...frees up monies for other positions!

N

nevermachine

Your guys insight is awesome! Gives me a lot of think about, really appreciate it! :)

Kitshoff a world class ginger ninja! Would love to see more of him this season!

My 1cents worth....

If Freddy Michelak gets the kicking duties over Lambie he would be a bargain at 200k. He was a top class points whore for the Sharks in the last Currie Cup, however it seems he wants to settle at 9 this season. The Beast is sidelined for a couple of months, Dale Chadwick could start at 75K.

Jaco Taute, not cheap but I am keeping my eye on him!

Bandise Maku injured, if starting, Edgar Marutlulle could be bench warmer at 100k

Daniel Adonga, our Kenyan import from the Durban harbour, not sure he can catch a ball yet but this guy is a built like a brick shithouse! With Dewalt Potgieter out for a while he could get a start at 100k.

While I have my exceptions, I am not a big fan of S'african players when if comes to fantasy rugby, their style doesn't always rack up the fantasy points :( We tend excel at missed tackles

Exceptions from last season (off the top of my head): Bismarck, Coenie Oosthuizen who thinks he is playing center at times, Bjorn Basson, Adriaan Strauss, Sias Ebersohn, the Lions backrowers, Franco van der Merwe, Willem Alberts, Andries Bekker, Pat Lambie and Wynand Olivier who I personally cant wait to see in our new away kit :eek:

Almost forgot Juandre Kruger 75k Matfield rated him big time!

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I'll probably pick Lambie over him now.

And then watch in horror as Dagg scores 2 tries.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
If the SMH paper is right with its predictions, then consider Kimlin from the Brumbies as he's slated to be picked as a no.6 when he is listed as a lock in the Fantasy team comp...at the princely sum of 200k...

Status
Not open for further replies.