• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Rugby Competition 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AlexH

nevermachine what are your thoughts on Marcell Coetzee?

Starting blindside for the Sharks, looks promising and only 100k.

My concern is he will return to the bench upon the return of Willem Alberts.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeah, Lam vs Vito was a toss up for me. Vito will run more and break more tackles, but Lam will be a lot more involved. Lam isn't a fetcher, though, but he'll be everywhere.

Habana may be worth a punt, too - he will likely be at 13, and could get some nice points against the Canes.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
I just want the teams to be named already! I like Lam, he rarely scores outstandingly well but seems to rack up about 30 points week in, week out.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yep that's why I reckon he'll go well, Stormers without Louw have been exposed in the breakdown.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Heres my side for now dispite team having not been announced feedback would be great thanks.

1. Jamie Mackintosh
2. Bismarck du Plessis
3. Coenie Oosthuizen
4. Andries Bekker
5. Peter Kimlin
6. Heinrich Brussow
7. Jack Lam
8. Matt Todd
9. Sarel Pretorius
10. Michael Hobbs
11. Israel Dagg
12. Doppies La Grange
13. Sonny Bill Williams
14. Rene Ranger
15. Patrick Lambie

16. Dale Chadwick
17. Heath Tessman
18. Hugh Pyle
19. Marcell Coetzee
20. Justin Turner
21. Tyler Bleyendaal
22. Tom Kingston

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Heres my side for now dispite team having not been announced feedback would be great thanks.

Looks good, although I might swap Pyle out for someone else. That way if there's a late pull out you're not stuck with a guy on your bench who cannot be subbed in (given that the rebels have the bye - don't worry, his price won't change in a round where his team doesn't play).

Also, welcome to the forums.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Yeah not a bad side, not too sure about your back row though.

I would wait a game before picking Brussow. He is a great player but because he isn't a ballrunner he generally doesn't score that highly. Fetchers can be difficult animals in fantasy, they can score 50 if the conditions are right, but also score 0 on a bad night.

I tend towards backrowers who do it all- run the ball and pilfer. I'm thinking Schalk, Thomson, Messam, Higgers, etc.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Looks good, imo Kahui would be a better choice than SBW. He'll get the SBW offloads and hopefully score, also SBW might be a slow starter with his recent boxing and Kahui was on fire during the WC.

Agree with others on some fetchers not being worth it.

Might want some Cheetahs/Lions outside backs, I predict a high scoring affair. Jaco Taute, Robert Ebersohn, Michael Killian etc.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Looks good, imo Kahui would be a better choice than SBW. He'll get the SBW offloads and hopefully score, also SBW might be a slow starter with his recent boxing and Kahui was on fire during the WC.

Agree with others on some fetchers not being worth it.

Might want some Cheetahs/Lions outside backs, I predict a high scoring affair. Jaco Taute, Robert Ebersohn, Michael Killian etc.

These 2 have the potential to tear any side apart. Very tempted to run with both for the reasons you've stated but its going to be an all or nothing relationship.

N

nevermachine

nevermachine what are your thoughts on Marcell Coetzee?

Starting blindside for the Sharks, looks promising and only 100k.

Until the Sharks starting team was announced I hadn't given him much thought, I had Alberts starting o_O With Alberts, Kankowski, Botes, Daniel and Deysel hanging around I don't see how he will get much game time. The little I saw of him in the Currie Cup he is quite a strong running player, still young, needs a bit of beefing up, barring injuries to the Sharks back-rowers I don't think we will see much of him.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Me so far, will probably change the entire thing tomorrow and then again on Friday.

OWGwg.png

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Don't worry DD, I think I have changed all of my players in the last week.

Only thing I can see is Ben Alexander. I didn't think he was named in the Brums side.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
My team so far...

O. Franks, B. du Plessis, J. MacKintosh (J. Yanuyanutawa)
F. van der Merwe, S. Sykes (J. Bekhuis)
J. Strauss, S Waldrom, M. Todd (I. Vaea)
J. Stannard (N. White)
I. Toeava, A. Cruden, T. Blyenndal (T. Pisi)
R. Ranger, I. Dagg, L. Masaga (D. Raikuna)

Will prob change a bit before Fri kick-off.....

Status
Not open for further replies.